RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Iowa vs #1 Connecticut - 3/27/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Iowa
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Connecticut
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think the height differential is really a problem for Iowa here.

And Edwards and Westbrook having amazing games.

Williams is playing really well too.

Evina is always solid, but her shooting isn’t always consistent. I’m glad to see it on right now.

Edwards though..This has been Edwards for the second half of the season. Girl is a beast.

Okay, put a Paige back in.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The 'let 'em play' attitude is also not to Iowa's benefit. ONE foul called to this point? When have we ever seen that?

Yup. Iowa attempting to draw some fouls on the block, but I'm not convinced by our acting lol.

Also, clark is trying to create 1 on 1 much more than usual. Not working well so far for her.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The 'let 'em play' attitude is also not to Iowa's benefit. ONE foul called to this point? When have we ever seen that?

I was just thinking this. I like that they aren't calling the ticky-tack fouls, but it is definitely to UConn's benefit.

Bueckers sitting in the 1st half?? Surprised

linkster

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both teams are doing a good job on Bueckers & Clark but UConn has other options while Iowa is relying on 3's. Rebounding 22-11

Westbrook & Williams are taking advantage of Iowa's defense.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FLOP

linkster

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FLOP

Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

49-35 at the half. Iowa plays really good offense but they are having to score on a bigger and better defense while UConn is picking apart Iowa's defense.

I'm looking forward to 3 more years of Edwards.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Triple double watch for Paige and Evina!

It won't surprise me if Clark comes out firing (and hitting) in the second half.

RP

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Caitlin Clark is worth watching anyway, but this was never likely to be a competitive game. Iowa's defense isn't nearly good enough to take on the elite, as we saw twice against Maryland.

UConn over 42.5 points for 1H and 86.5 for the game were the easiest bets of the day.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn with a big rebounding advantage, and their 2pt and paint games are better than Iowa's so far. Iowa shooting 3's at higher percentage than 2's.

Williams is holding UConn ahead in the game whereas Iowa's 3's, at a relatively normal rate, are their strongest weapon. What happens if those weapons collapse -- especially Williams, who may regress to her mean in the second half.

Buecker's has to shake her shooting and driving reluctance. She should be more aggressive off the bounce because she gets fouled a lot when she does. And ONO should be able to score over the shorter Czinano a lot more than she is.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the more annoying things, to me, about the Bueckers discourse is that some people claim she's the only thing holding UConn together. It takes away the agency and credit from some of her incredible teammates. For example, Williams and ONO weren't contributing quite as much in middle of the season, and certain UConn fans were so quick to criticize/disown them because the fans had a new shiny object (Paige) to fawn over.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31146913&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31146925&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31146930&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31146952&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31147020&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn with a big rebounding advantage, and their 2pt and paint games are better than Iowa's so far. Iowa shooting 3's at higher percentage than 2's.

Williams is holding UConn ahead in the game whereas Iowa's 3's, at a relatively normal rate, are their strongest weapon. What happens if those weapons collapse -- especially Williams, who may regress to her mean in the second half.

Bueckers has to shake her shooting and driving reluctance. She should be more aggressive off the bounce because she gets fouled a lot when she does. And ONO should be able to score over the shorter Czinano a lot more than she is.

Couldn't agree more with all of this. There were multiple times when Iowa's defense was totally disorganized, scrambling to get set up, and Bueckers decided to pull the ball out instead of driving to the paint. As an Iowa fan I'm not complaining though Smile

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Me, unabashedly yelling at my tv while knowing full well how mediocre Iowa is on the defensive end: 🗣IOWA 👏🏼 WHERES 👏🏼 YOUR 👏🏼 DE 👏🏼 FENSE👏🏼

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Me, unabashedly yelling at my tv while knowing full well how mediocre Iowa is on the defensive end: 🗣IOWA 👏🏼 WHERES 👏🏼 YOUR 👏🏼 DE 👏🏼 FENSE👏🏼

Laughing Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought earlier in the year that Edwards should be starting. Kudos to Geno for bringing her along relatively slowly.

Is this Williams best game of the year?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see a starting lineup next year of Edwards plus 4 guards with ONO coming off the bench.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

72-61 UConn end of third.

Still a little bit of a pulse for Iowa.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Is this Williams best game of the year?

Both Williams and Westbrook.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Bueckers has to shake her shooting and driving reluctance. She should be more aggressive off the bounce because she gets fouled a lot when she does. And ONO should be able to score over the shorter Czinano a lot more than she is.

Couldn't agree more with all of this. There were multiple times when Iowa's defense was totally disorganized, scrambling to get set up, and Bueckers decided to pull the ball out instead of driving to the paint. As an Iowa fan I'm not complaining though Smile

Paige is trying too hard to be a facilitator. I mean, Paige Buckers, in no way, shape, or form, should only take 11 shots through 3 quarters.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone see how Czinano got hit?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I could see a starting lineup next year of Edwards plus 4 guards with ONO coming off the bench.

Geno would do that to her during her senior year? Probably.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
72-61 UConn end of third.

Still a little bit of a pulse for Iowa.

I'm proud of Iowa for staying in this as long as we have! We won the 3rd quarter. Clark looks more settled (some of the 3's are finally going in) and our rebounding is better. Not sure why UConn took ONO out because Iowa has no answer when UConn plays with two posts.

How was it not a foul when Evina Westbrook shoved Czinano and then elbowed her in the back of the head????

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

ONO's defense, (defensive) rebounding, shot blocking, and passing are critical components for UConn. I think both posts should start, though it wouldn't surprise me to see this same starting lineup if Evina returns.

Paige's shot selection needs to be better.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

ONO's defense, (defensive) rebounding, shot blocking, and passing are critical components for UConn. I think both posts should start, though it wouldn't surprise me to see this same starting lineup if Evina returns.

so no Azzi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: