RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 Alabama vs #2 Maryland - 3/24/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/25/21 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reese will be good the 2024 draft will be damn good.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/25/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
tfan wrote:
Angel Reese is very athletic and coordinated for her size. And I was actually thinking "for a center" as she was posting up. But I looked at the roster and while she is listed 6'3", her position is guard/forward. The tallest player in the game was a guard/forward. Diamond Miller is also listed as 6'3" but doesn't appear as tall as Reese. But she is listed as a guard. Maryland doesn't have anyone with a roster position of center. Their starting center, 6'1" listed Chloe Bibby is shown as a guard/forward. Mimi Collins is listed as a 6'3" forward, but that should be small forward the way she plays. All those 6'1"+ players running the floor makes for an impressive highlight reel.

Doesn't everyone lie about their height? Wink

I always get a kick out of seeing some players listed at 6'2" towering over someone listed at 6'4". It's not always the schools or coaches making that decision. And it goes both ways. Some tall women prefer not to be listed as tall as they are. For instance, my niece, who is 6'3" always insisted on being listed as 6'1"
Not only a female thing. Bill Walton who was a legit 7’-0” in college insisted on being listed at 6’-11” because he felt there were negative associations with being called a “7 footer”.

Last edited by osubeavers on 03/26/21 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
tfan wrote:
Angel Reese is very athletic and coordinated for her size. And I was actually thinking "for a center" as she was posting up. But I looked at the roster and while she is listed 6'3", her position is guard/forward. The tallest player in the game was a guard/forward. Diamond Miller is also listed as 6'3" but doesn't appear as tall as Reese. But she is listed as a guard. Maryland doesn't have anyone with a roster position of center. Their starting center, 6'1" listed Chloe Bibby is shown as a guard/forward. Mimi Collins is listed as a 6'3" forward, but that should be small forward the way she plays. All those 6'1"+ players running the floor makes for an impressive highlight reel.

Doesn't everyone lie about their height? Wink

I always get a kick out of seeing some players listed at 6'2" towering over someone listed at 6'4". It's not always the schools or coaches making that decision. And it goes both ways. Some tall women prefer not to be listed as tall as they are. For instance, my niece, who is 6'3" always insisted on being listed as 6'1"

It goes both ways. JMU’s Maddie Green was 5’4 when she got here. Suddenly this year she’s 5’6. I can attest that she has not grown. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/25/21 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kara Lawson was listed as 5'9 her first three years at Tennessee, but suddenly shrunk to 5'7 when the LVs started a Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award campaign for her senior year

PostPosted: 03/26/21 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
tfan wrote:
Angel Reese is very athletic and coordinated for her size. And I was actually thinking "for a center" as she was posting up. But I looked at the roster and while she is listed 6'3" and her position is guard/forward. The tallest player in the game was a guard/forward. Diamond Miller is also listed as 6'3" but doesn't appear as tall as Reese. But she is listed as a guard. Maryland doesn't have anyone with a roster position of center. Their starting center, 6'1" listed Chloe Bibby is shown as a guard/forward. Mimi Collins is listed as a 6'3" forward, but that should be small forward the way she plays.

Overall they are all obviously quite versatile. But I agree with you that Reese should be listed as C/F, not F/G.

My understanding is that college teams try not to list players as centers; the explanation I heard, though take with the appropriate quantity of NaCl, is that being pigeonholed as a center is detrimental to a player's overseas prospects. It was immensely frustrating when playing fantasy on these here boards.

Indeed. Myrtlicious was a tyrant about those "F/C/G" designations in her role as a headmistress of those fantasy thangs. Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: 03/26/21 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

I agree. When I saw her size and length and the way she moved I thought "future WNBA player right there".

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

I agree. When I saw her size and length and the way she moved I thought "future WNBA player right there".

She played in MD's first 2 games i believe and she was a star. So when she left and rejoined i knew MD would be for real !

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: