RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 Iowa St vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/24/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looked like joens touched it to me. OT is good.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Joens was fouled. They need coaches' challenges like in volleyball.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Papa Joens is HOT!!!!!!! He needs to be careful.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Tally24

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought there was contact there, but I am very, very biased. I feel like Ashley's dad who, seemingly, left the building.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nm

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 03/24/21 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

Looks like they're using local Texas refs

Fennelly/Joens/Cyclones etc., should be VERY Pissed off....Cyclones were MUGGED in that last minute! Shocked Laughing

Last edited by Howee on 03/24/21 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

This obsessive Zapruder tape examination of basketball has to stop, with the last 30 seconds taking forever to play out. Make the call and play ball.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has clearly been a new Jordan nixon since her ND days. Glad she has step forward with her transfer transition. She’s a baller and I looked at her as Lindsey Allen jr at Notre Dame!!

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IS should be renamed the dribblers.

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Such poor defense by isu at the end jesus.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, show Papa Joens Laughing

WNBA 09

Man Jordan Nixon just became a tournament favorite. She’s speaking volumes on the fighting Irish program in this post game interview with holly. He’ll yeah GO JORDAN!!

Dang. I had A&M in my bracket, but honest injun, Iowa State REALLY got ripped off. Joens was all but bi-sected on her last play, with NO FOUL..... Shocked

Joens was gassed during the second half. I think that was a factor in her screwing up on the last two plays by dribbling into a double team with the big center involved. But they couldn't get the big center out of the lane so that Joens could go one on one with a defender who had 4 fouls.

That is the worst way to lose a game. Lead the whole way and have a buzzer beater end it.

Last edited by tfan on 03/24/21 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Looks like they're using local Texas refs

I thought there was some really bad officiating there at the end, but I also thought ISU handled both the end of regulation and the end of OT rather badly. You got to play to win, not hope the refs help.

GlennMacGrady

Iowa State richly deserved this loss with extremely incompetent dribbling into the trees, dribbling into traps, dribbling into steals, dribbling into travels, and turnovers, turnovers -- when all they had to do to kill time or make a play was to pass the ball around. Plus, their complete inability to defend Nixon.

Was rooting against TAMU, but congrats to Gary and his players for playing much smarter and much more clutch down the stretch.
linkster

Howee wrote:
Fennelly/Joens/Cyclones etc., should be VERY Pissed off....Cyclones were MUGGED in that last minute! Shocked Laughing

Yeah, the refs didn't mind getting involved in every possession late except for calling fouls underneath. TAMU got very physical inside and muscled IS players into "travelling" when defensive displacement might have been a better call.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Papa Joens is HOT!!!!!!! He needs to be careful.

The Joens Dad has been known to be ejected from games. He was ejected from the Iowa/ISU game this season *before tip-off.* Kind of a weird guy...

Very sad ISU lost. But I was moved by Jordan Nixon's interview at the end of the game.

Joens has a lot of skill and toughness but becomes pretty predictable. That said, she's still great.

Also, +1 to this:
linkster wrote:
Yeah, the refs didn't mind getting involved in every possession late except for calling fouls underneath. TAMU got very physical inside and muscled IS players into "travelling" when defensive displacement might have been a better call.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This tournament has made me dislike Blair and the Aggies for the first time in my life. Smile

I want them to lose, but unfortunately they have lame-ass Zona next, so they'll likely squeak their way into the E8.

Joens was dribbling into double teams ALL game. She must think she's a better ballhandler than she actually is.

And #21, one of the ISU frosh who, according to Peck, "play like seniors", is the reason the Aggies had a chance to get to OT in the 1st place by not dribbling after catching the inbounds pass.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Frankly I’m glad TAMU won because I don’t like Fenelly. That aside, ISU played like the mostly pretty young team they are. Their defense seemed to consist mostly of just getting in the way. I really like Jordan Nixon, and I’ve always liked Gary Blair.

I suppose I might have to pay some attention to ISU next year because my former doctor’s kid, Maggie Vick, will be playing for them. Doesn’t mean I’ll particularly like them.

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ISU was playing not to lose the last 3-4 minutes of reg and it bit them.

Carolyn, why in the world would Blair even think about calling a TO when Nixon was driving to the basket at the end? He was tied, had possession of the ball and like :03 to go. Worst case, he was looking at double OT with all the momentum. I don't care who the player was with the ball. Don't waste a TO that you can use in the second OT.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Frankly I’m glad TAMU won because I don’t like Fenelly.

Ha! I've hated him for many, many years....and so was surprised when I realized during the game that I wanted ISU to win. It's all because of the Aggies bitching about "no respect" and pulling 2 games out of their ass, with a great assist from the refs.

In the end though, I'll be consoled by the fact that the hedgehog lost.

Wink

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/24/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
A&M better be happy they got Jordan Nixon as a transfer. She's the only one doing sh*t in this so far.

35 points for the game. And she earned every bit of it the hard way: only took one single free throw. Very hard to score that many points and not see the line. She was 16-28 from the field.....

Ashley Joens scored 32 pts for Iowa State, but 10 of them came from the charity stripe. She also had 18 rebounds. She's carried her team all season long, but it just wasn't enough.....

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/24/21 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope Joens transfers to Iowa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: