RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who you got?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/15/21 8:24 pm    ::: Who you got? Reply Reply with quote

Final Four? Champ? Cinderella pick? Upset specials?

My first glance Final Four:
Stanford over Maryland
Baylor over Arizona

Stanford over Baylor for the title.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/15/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at these brackets no doubt UCONN got the toughest draw. If they can make it out their region I’d definitely believe they should be favorites to win the nati ! Wow Baylor, Syracuse,Iowa , Kentucky , Tennessee all in one bracket oh and don’t forget Naz Hilmon ! Man oh man this will be exciting !

PostPosted: 03/15/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Looking at these brackets no doubt UCONN got the toughest draw. If they can make it out their region I’d definitely believe they should be favorites to win the nati ! Wow Baylor, Syracuse,Iowa , Kentucky , Tennessee all in one bracket oh and don’t forget Naz Hilmon ! Man oh man this will be exciting !

And don't forget a tough Marquette team who UConn played 3 times already.

It's the same old political BS. The hate of UConn and Baylor supersedes all. This should be NC State's division not UConn's.

SC is a great team and deserves the 2nd #1 seed but they lost 4 games one of which was to Tenn and one to UConn who beat Tenn.

Every game in this division is a challenge and was a set up by the Committee.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/15/21 9:33 pm    ::: Re: Who you got? Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Final Four? Champ? Cinderella pick? Upset specials?

My first glance Final Four:
Stanford over Maryland
Baylor over Arizona

Stanford over Baylor for the title.

Wow my final four were almost the same:
Stanford over Maryland
Baylor over NC State

Then Stanford over Baylor

pilight

PostPosted: 03/15/21 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree the Hussies got a tough region. Even South Dakota State might give them a game.

Stanford got the easy path, as the #1 overall seed should.

PostPosted: 03/15/21 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

It's the same old political BS. The hate of UConn and Baylor supersedes all. This should be NC State's division not UConn's.

SC is a great team and deserves the 2nd #1 seed but they lost 4 games one of which was to Tenn and one to UConn who beat Tenn.

I agree with you to certain extent . UCONN won the games they were suppose to by an inch with a slip up In Fayetteville where both SC and Tenn got a W handily so maybe this is the committees way of saying let’s see what your made of ? Either way I think the champion comes from this region if it’s not Stanford or MD !

PostPosted: 03/15/21 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final Four:
#1 Stanford vs. #1 South Carolina
#2 Baylor vs. #2 Texas A&M

Final:
#1 Stanford vs. #2 Baylor

National Champions:
#1 Stanford

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/16/21 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I completely disagree. I believe Baylor was correctly seeded as the #7 overall vs the #2 overall. Tennessee and Kentucky look like the weakest 3 and 4 seeds. Syracuse is a question mark because of the status of Mangakahia. The road to final 8 is clearly the easiest of any #1 or #2 seed.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/16/21 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CinderDarkUnderDogHorseElla Final Four:

S. Dakota vs. SFA
FGCU vs. BYU

S. Dakota vs. FGCU

FGCU
pilight

PostPosted: 03/16/21 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I completely disagree. I believe Baylor was correctly seeded as the #7 overall vs the #2 overall. Tennessee and Kentucky look like the weakest 3 and 4 seeds. Syracuse is a question mark because of the status of Mangakahia. The road to final 8 is clearly the easiest of any #1 or #2 seed.

Baylor is seeded correctly, but they're still a tougher matchup than Texas A&M.

South Carolina has a much easier road to the E8, unless you're an SFA believer.

PostPosted: 03/16/21 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

S. Dakota vs. SFA
FGCU vs. BYU

S. Dakota vs. FGCU

FGCU

South Dakota doesn't have the grit nor horses to run even in a fantasy world. They can only thank the basketball gods for SDSU's misfortunes for a conference tourney win, otherwise they are at home watching.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/16/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I believe Baylor was the 5th team overall chosen and Maryland was the 7th.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/16/21 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

I'm confused about this so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought the order was:
#1 overall Stanford vs. # 8 overall Louisville (top 1-seed vs bottom 2-seed)
#2 Uconn vs. #7 Baylor
#3 NC State vs. #6 Texas A&M
#4 South Carolina vs. #5 Maryland (bottom 1-seed vs top 2-seed)

Or, was Texas A&M considered #5 overall but got bumped down to #6 to prevent the two SEC teems (SoCar and TexA&M) from a potential elite 8 meeting?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/21 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree the Hussies got a tough region. Even South Dakota State might give them a game.

SDSU is playing without their best player...and haven't played well since they lost her. Most teams can't afford to lose their best player but mids especially haven't the depth to make up for it. It's a gift to Syracuse IMO.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/16/21 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

S. Dakota vs. SFA
FGCU vs. BYU

S. Dakota vs. FGCU

FGCU

South Dakota doesn't have the grit nor horses to run even in a fantasy world.

Sorry, but fantasies are personal things that are impervious to external opinions and facts. Besides, I like the state of South Dakota, but not quite as much as southwest Florida.

In reality -- a much less pleasant venue than fantasy -- I have never cared a peppercorn or mustard seed about tournament seedings, brackets or geography. I only look forward to interesting games, which could just as easily be obtained by pulling tournament match-ups out of a hat.

If forced by Nohoilpi to bet on the eventual winner, I'd say Stanford. The Cardinal seems to have the fewest weaknesses of the 1 and 2 seeds. All the others are weak in one or more of: star power, multiple scoring threats at all positions, height, paint power attack, elite guards, ever-dangerous three-point shooting, consistent and clutch free throw shooting, defense, experienced players, talented depth, or a disciplined coaching system.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/16/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As usual my system made a bracket with plenty of early upsets, including three double digit seeds in the S16. It gets chalkier after that but I still have a #6 seed in the F4.

PostPosted: 03/16/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree with you on Baylor. They are a comparatively unknown quantity because of their lack of top tier talent in the Big 12. And I had West Virginia as the second weakest 4 seed. But I believe that Oregon St is playing significantly better than Syracuse at this time. As for SFA, any number 1 team that gets to play a 12 seed in the third round is truly blessed, so having a good 12 or 13 seed actually creates an easier path for the 1 seed.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/16/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree with you on Baylor. They are a comparatively unknown quantity because of their lack of top tier talent in the Big 12. And I had West Virginia as the second weakest 4 seed. But I believe that Oregon St is playing significantly better than Syracuse at this time. As for SFA, any number 1 team that gets to play a 12 seed in the third round is truly blessed, so having a good 12 or 13 seed actually creates an easier path for the 1 seed.

That's why I said SC has an easier path to the E8 than UConn. SFA is heavily favored over Georgia Tech and might well be favored in a matchup with West Virginia too. It's hard to imagine the same scenario if they had Iowa and Kentucky in their way.

PostPosted: 03/16/21 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I'm confused about this so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought the order was:
#1 overall Stanford vs. # 8 overall Louisville (top 1-seed vs bottom 2-seed)
#2 Uconn vs. #7 Baylor
#3 NC State vs. #6 Texas A&M
#4 South Carolina vs. #5 Maryland (bottom 1-seed vs top 2-seed)

Or, was Texas A&M considered #5 overall but got bumped down to #6 to prevent the two SEC teems (SoCar and TexA&M) from a potential elite 8 meeting?

Last edited by RavenDog on 03/16/21 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/16/21 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SFA is heavily favored over Georgia Tech and might well be favored in a matchup with West Virginia too.

That's quite a take... What makes you think so?

RavenDog wrote:
I believe the order was:

NC State
South Carolina
Stanford
UConn

OK I'm pretty sure Stanford is the #1 overall---that's what all the articles I've seen have said. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/15/sports/ncaabasketball/womens-ncaa-tournament.html

What I'm less clear about is who #2, 3, 4 are. I assumed SC was #4 overall because in theory #1 overall would face #4 overall in the final four if they both made it. Then I'm uncertain if 5-8 were placed on a pure "S-curve" or if Texas A&M was re-ordered so they wouldn't face a fellow SEC team in the Elite 8.[/quote]

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/16/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
pilight wrote:
SFA is heavily favored over Georgia Tech and might well be favored in a matchup with West Virginia too.

RavenDog wrote:
I believe the order was:

NC State
South Carolina
Stanford
UConn

OK I'm pretty sure Stanford is the #1 overall---that's what all the articles I've seen have said. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/15/sports/ncaabasketball/womens-ncaa-tournament.html

What I'm less clear about is who #2, 3, 4 are. I assumed SC was #4 overall because in theory #1 overall would face #4 overall in the final four if they both made it. Then I'm uncertain if 5-8 were placed on a pure "S-curve" or if Texas A&M was re-ordered so they wouldn't face a fellow SEC team in the Elite 8.
[/quote]

The Selection show Monday introduced the teams in a different order than apparently they are: They introduced NCState first, then SC, then Stanford, and last UConn.

However, watching the show tonight, it's Stanford, UConn, NC State, SC.
Why they introduced the the #1 seeds out of order on the Selection Show befuddles me. I give up!

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/16/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
pilight wrote:

RavenDog wrote:
I believe the order was:

NC State
South Carolina
Stanford
UConn

What I'm less clear about is who #2, 3, 4 are. I assumed SC was #4 overall because in theory #1 overall would face #4 overall in the final four if they both made it. Then I'm uncertain if 5-8 were placed on a pure "S-curve" or if Texas A&M was re-ordered so they wouldn't face a fellow SEC team in the Elite 8.
[/quote]

The Selection show Monday introduced the teams in a different order than apparently they are: They introduced NCState first, then SC, then Stanford, and last UConn.

Why they introduced the the #1 seeds out of order on the Selection Show befuddles and befuddled me.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/17/21 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
pilight wrote:

RavenDog wrote:
I believe the order was:

NC State
South Carolina
Stanford
UConn

Why they introduced the the #1 seeds out of order on the Selection Show befuddles and befuddled me.[/quote]

On Monday night, if you looked at the bracket, you could tell it was:

1. Stanford
2. UCONN
3. NC State
4. South Carolina

The way the brackets matched up, Stanford/SC would meet in one National SF and NC State/UCONN would meet in the other, if all 4 #1 seeds advance.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/17/21 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree with you to certain extent . UCONN won the games they were suppose to by an inch with a slip up In Fayetteville where both SC and Tenn got a W handily so maybe this is the committees way of saying let’s see what your made of ? Either way I think the champion comes from this region if it’s not Stanford or MD !

Tenn and SCar never played in Fayetteville. Arkansas was 12-1 at home and 6-5 on the road.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/17/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys act like you've never seen a bracket reveal before. They're always revealed in 3-4-1-2 order. It's a tradition borrowed from the men's show.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: