RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#6 Iowa vs #3 Rutgers - 3/11/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/21 12:35 am    ::: #6 Iowa vs #3 Rutgers - 3/11/21 Reply Reply with quote

Big Ten Tournament - Quarterfinal
Indianapolis, IN - 9:00 PM ET

TV: FS2 (Lisa Byington and Christy Winters Scott)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/ (tvpli)

Audio:
https://wctcam.com/

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/tournament.php?tid=202

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa’s first possession = turnover

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers looking really flat.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never understand why you foul on a layup when you're clearly beat and they are in their shooting motion...unless it's a hard enough foul to prevent the layup. A pitty pat at the rim is just stupid.

On different topic: Guirantes not showing much here. I assume she'll wake up before long.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

holey smoley. I haven't watched enough B1G games to know, but watching this, I truly can't imagine how Rutgers got all those wins. Are they missing someone important?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok. they're finally starting to hit some shots.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hot damn, Caitlin Clark has such a good feel for the game of basketball as a PG. Guirantes is trying to defend her, but I think Clark has kind of gotten used to Guirantes' aggressive style on her at this point in the game. I don't see Rutgers making a comeback as long as Iowa's this in-tune offensively.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, Clark's balance and handle are really outstanding.

It looks like Rutgers is lacking in the post.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of WNBA teams are going to awfully happy come the 2024 draft.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
A couple of WNBA teams are going to awfully happy come the 2024 draft.

yeah, at least a couple. I think it may be more. But Clark and Bueckers are definitely two awesome Freshmen.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tonight, seeds 5,6,7 > seeds 2,3,4. Still might not matter considering the identity of seed 1. I'd love to see a Maryland-Iowa track meet/shootout in the Final.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a good day for the higher seeds.

Maryland barely ekes out a win against a tough Nebraska team, and then the lower seeds in the three remaining games all advance.

I like that there are 4 different color teams in the semis. The B1G has too many Red teams in the conference. Wink

Last edited by ripleydc on 03/11/21 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well that was shitty sportsmanship at the end with Rutgers pressuring with 2 seconds to go and down 12. If anyone got injured there, I would have been really pissed.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/12/21 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
...Watching this, I truly can't imagine how Rutgers got all those wins. Are they missing someone important?

Because of Covid cancellations, Rutgers played the easiest schedule of all the B1G teams. They also played a laughable nonconference schedule. In the conference regular season, they only played Maryland once (lost), Michigan never, Indiana never, Iowa once (lost). Most of their wins at the end of the season were over the lower half of the big ten, plus Northwestern who was really struggling offensively for a stretch, plus Ohio State who lost steam after their starting point guard Madison Greene was injured.

That said, Rutgers clearly has talent in Guirantes and Johnson, plus really imposing defense. They clearly have potential to be dangerous, but haven't really been tested much yet I would argue.

myrtle wrote:
well that was shitty sportsmanship at the end with Rutgers pressuring with 2 seconds to go and down 12. If anyone got injured there, I would have been really pissed.

The physicality of Rutgers got way out of hand in this game. If you're not going to foul in the last 30 seconds, why are you playing pressure defense trying to swat the ball away from a rebounder with 2 second left? And the refs ended up calling a foul on Iowa on that possession... smh.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/12/21 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

I like that there are 4 different color teams in the semis. The B1G has too many Red teams in the conference. Wink

I agree there is too much red, but I really like the rainbow pinwheel logo of all one color representing each of the 14 teams. It looks really cool somehow despite it being half red and crimson and maroon lol.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/12/21 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet:

Iowa's entire line-up has really showed up to this tournament so far! Monika Czinano with a career high in points yesterday (38!), and Gabbie Marshall with a career high today (27!). Marshall made 7 threes....She basically won the game for Iowa in the first half.

Clark hasn't quite been her usual A+ self but still damn good, and it's a great sign for Iowa to see a bit more balance.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/12/21 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

I agree there is too much red, but I really like the rainbow pinwheel logo of all one color representing each of the 14 teams. It looks really cool somehow despite it being half red and crimson and maroon lol.

Your color palette is still more varied than the Big East's eleven shades of blue, one shade of red (which half the time is DePaul, because it makes so much sense for the Blue Demons to have a thing for red while the Red Storm have a thing for navy blue), and one rebellious team in black!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: