RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 UCLA vs #1 Stanford - 3/07/21
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/21 10:25 pm    ::: #3 UCLA vs #1 Stanford - 3/07/21 Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 Conference Tournament Championship
Las Vegas, LV - 8:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Pam Ward, LaChina Robinson)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/1a2f3154-d8b5-49d8-a5c6-298ef43b89f8#bucketId=1 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://uclabruins.com/sports/2016/8/16/live-audio.aspx

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/conference.php?id=p12&sport=bbgame&gender=W

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/07/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, Stanford, you've cut down enough nets.

Let us have one. Just one. It's all we ask.

--your UCLA pals

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/07/21 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except for a handful of Farmers, the entire planet is rooting for UCLA.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/07/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Since I'm sort of rooting for Stanford to win the Whole Thing (just cuz it could further help with Pac-12 wbb perception moving forward – plus, I don't think any other Pac-12 team has it in 'em this year), I guess I'm rooting for the Cardinal to get as high a seeding as possible, which means rooting for them here?

God, rooting for the success of an entire conference (or League) can get super confusing & convoluted. Confused Laughing

Last edited by Stormeo on 03/07/21 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/07/21 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Recently was rejected by UCLA and waitlisted by Stanford for a PhD program, so GO CARDINAL!! Invite me to the Farm!! I'll root for you (almost) always!! Very Happy

(myrtle, do I recall correctly that you're an alum? Got any strings you can pull? Laughing )

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/07/21 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesintg listening to spanish commentators on the broadcast on ESPN News now.

UK1996

PostPosted: 03/07/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven’t had the chance to watch Stanford this season. Every player has impressed me. Haley Jones and Cameron Brink are going to be a very tough duo in a couple of years.

PostPosted: 03/07/21 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Recently was rejected by UCLA and waitlisted by Stanford for a PhD program, so GO CARDINAL!! Invite me to the Farm!! I'll root for you (almost) always!! Very Happy

(myrtle, do I recall correctly that you're an alum? Got any strings you can pull? Laughing )

no strings. sorry. but I've seen people get in from the waitlist so don't give up hope. Also if you really want the program and don't make it in at first, apply again mid-year. Usually there are openings and not as many applicants then. Good luck!

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/21 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

God, rooting for the success of an entire conference (or League) can get super confusing & convoluted. Confused Laughing

so true. though for me it's str8forward. Pretty much root for the P12 teams unless they're playing Stanford. Though occasionally I'll find a P12 team I really don't like. Not this year. Hope they all show well in the tournament.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a good look for Brink to be laughing on the bench after splitting a lip with her elbow.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am thoroughly pleased Laughing Laughing Laughing

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

so true. though for me it's str8forward. Pretty much root for the P12 teams unless they're playing Stanford. Though occasionally I'll find a P12 team I really don't like. Not this year. Hope they all show well in the tournament.
This is the year for a Pac-12 NCAA WBB Champion. That team is Stanford.

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Not a good look for Brink to be laughing on the bench after splitting a lip with her elbow.

Not a good look for the UCLA player to be laughing on the bench after acting like Brink chopped her head off. It was a basketball move that just so happened to make incidental contact.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm crying uncle at the half and going to watch a British mystery movie.

Stanford is the crème de la crème in WCBB this season. No weaknesses. No turkeys. Multiple skilled post players. Multiple midrange shooters. Multiple 3pt shooters. Multiple drivers. Strong transition and half court offense. Mariana Trench depth. The winningest coach in the game.

Abandon all hope, ye who play the Tree.
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Okay, Stanford, you've cut down enough nets.

Let us have one. Just one. It's all we ask.

--your UCLA pals

No, Stanford, no! This is not what I had in mind.

Boo! And I thought we were friends! Boo, Stanford!

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm crying uncle at the half and going to watch a British mystery movie.

Stanford is the crème de la crème in WCBB this season. No weaknesses. No turkeys. Multiple skilled post players. Multiple midrange shooters. Multiple 3pt shooters. Multiple drivers. Strong transition and half court offense. Mariana Trench depth. The winningest coach in the game.

Abandon all hope, ye who play the Tree.

edit. Responded to wrong post. Board does not allow deleting.

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

no strings. sorry. but I've seen people get in from the waitlist so don't give up hope. Also if you really want the program and don't make it in at first, apply again mid-year. Usually there are openings and not as many applicants then. Good luck!

Thanks! Totally joking on the strings. It's completely dependent on if those accepted ahead of me choose Stanford over their (presumable) other offers.

The Cardinal are really cleaning up tonight. Talk about peaking at the right time. If Williams shoots this way, they are the clear cut favorite to win the title.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And just like that, we take the foot off the accelerator and the Bruins make a nice run.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
And just like that, we take the foot off the accelerator and the Bruins make a nice run.

Absolutely the most frustrating aspect of the team this year.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/07/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How was it not a foul when Lexie Hull stole the UCLA post entry feed and ran into Lauren Miller's knee? I get that the refs can't be perfect, but when a player gets literally injured because of the contact, how do you miss that?

I'm not at all implying any bad intent on Hull's part -- she was just making a play at the ball. But still, you can't deny she clipped Miller's knee hard enough to warrant a foul.

It's a pet peeve of mine in general when refs call pretty light fouls then don't make calls on plays when injuries occur. A main function of foul calls is to discourage rough play to prevent injuries.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/21 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, no injuries for us. So thankful for that.
And I hope all the UCLA injuries aren't too serious. The advantage of having a couple weeks off before the NCAAs start is that you have time to heal.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/07/21 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Since I'm sort of rooting for Stanford to win the Whole Thing (just cuz it could further help with Pac-12 wbb perception moving forward – plus, I don't think any other Pac-12 team has it in 'em this year), I guess I'm rooting for the Cardinal to get as high a seeding as possible, which means rooting for them here?

One of the things I enjoy about the Pac-12, watching from a distance as a neutral observer, is how unified it is. It's one of the few conferences I've seen where conference solidarity is actually a thing. The whole "Back the Pac" thing is really cool.

PostPosted: 03/07/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
One of the things I enjoy about the Pac-12, watching from a distance as a neutral observer, is how unified it is. It's one of the few conferences I've seen where conference solidarity is actually a thing. The whole "Back the Pac" thing is really cool.

I think people really started buying into the concept back when Mike Neighbors gave that spreadsheet presentation at the Pac-12 coaches' meeting one year about all the teams in the conference needing to collectively schedule smarter in their respective non-conference schedules in order to raise everyone's RPI. (Link here) Pac-12 WBB entered the era it's still in now in large part because all the coaches bought into that strategy. Hearing that, as well as the coaches continuing to casually support each other in interviews & on social media, made me as a fan buy into it as well; It was super cool that much of the conference's distinct modern culture (that possibly no other conference in wbb has) came from the very program I supported.

...Of course, the ironic thing is, the Pac-12 has continued to sustain that momentum even as Neighbors has been gone from the conference for a few years now – and as the program he left behind has all but deteriorated (with the current coaches not even scheduling the way he would've scheduled, imo). It's kind of like being on a beach, and you're sitting there admiring these big, beautiful sandcastles your friends and/or family members are building & continuing to build upon – even after the one that you built was not far enough away from, and not big enough to survive, the tide...

Howee

PostPosted: 03/08/21 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay for Stanford, my (former) fav Pac 12 team. Though not a close game tonight, UCLA certainly finished their season with far more strength and flair than I had anticipated. All in all, I have confidence that the Pac 12 will represent handsomely at the Big Dance.

PostPosted: 03/08/21 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Cards! 🌲

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: