RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Oregon St vs #1 Stanford - 3/05/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/05/21 12:52 am    ::: #5 Oregon St vs #1 Stanford - 3/05/21 Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 Conference Tournament - Semifinal
Las Vegas, LV - 8:00 PM ET

TV: Pac-12 Network (Krista Blunk, Mary Murphy)

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/live?networks=P12NAT (tvpli)

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/conference.php?id=p12&sport=bbgame&gender=W

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/05/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As well as my Beavs have been playing I have a hard time seeing them coming out on top of Stanford. Maybe if we can catch them on an off night and we have a great shooting performance and Jones stays out of foul trouble and we keep the turnovers under control. Then we could have a fighting chance. We’ll see.

Still can’t quite process how Stanford lost to Colorado.

PostPosted: 03/05/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Oregon State has a good chance against Stanford here, especially if von Oelhoffen continues to bring it off the bench. The 3PT shooting in this game for both teams will be key.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/05/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford "literally" has track shoes on, according to color commentator Mary Murphy.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/21 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Jones needs to learn a different move. She does the same thing every time she gets the ball at the top of the key....which is drive in on the right side, and in this game, Taylor Jones is right there waiting to block her shot.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/21 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I see Charlie has moved OrSU up to the 8-9 spot. Too bad. I was hoping they would get a look on the other side of the bracket because they could definitely surprise some teams.

As good as VanOelhoffen is offensively, and she is very very good, she sucks defensively.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so we're going to survive even though we've shot really horribly. Brink has been great though and running end to end beautifully. Anna doing her thing on Goodman.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/05/21 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was not pretty.

Beavs ran out of gas. Stanford pressure D was too much. More importantly, Stanford just the better team.

PostPosted: 03/05/21 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Cardinal sport a really balanced starting lineup with Brink in the middle. Unlike in past years, there's both talent/depth and length/athleticism at pretty much every position for Stanford. It'd be really disappointing to not see them end their ~30-year national title drought this year, especially given how much parity there is at the top.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/06/21 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This midwesterner is rooting for Stanford Cool

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/21 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
The Cardinal sport a really balanced starting lineup with Brink in the middle. Unlike in past years, there's both talent/depth and length/athleticism at pretty much every position for Stanford. It'd be really disappointing to not see them end their ~30-year national title drought this year, especially given how much parity there is at the top.

I think this year is really our best chance considering how much other teams will be improving next year. We should be good next year as well but losing our two little guards will be difficult to replace.

- Amanda Gorman
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/06/21 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I think this year is really our best chance considering how much other teams will be improving next year. We should be good next year as well but losing our two little guards will be difficult to replace.

I'm very interested to see who takes over the PG position for Stanford next year. Also, with all their depth and talent at the PF/C position in Brink, Belibi, and Prechtel, I wonder if there's any chance TVD would implement a two post offense. With Stanford's off-ball movement and good passing, I could see this proving very difficult to stop.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/21 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I'm very interested to see who takes over the PG position for Stanford next year. Also, with all their depth and talent at the PF/C position in Brink, Belibi, and Prechtel, I wonder if there's any chance TVD would implement a two post offense. With Stanford's off-ball movement and good passing, I could see this proving very difficult to stop.

She has at various times this year used two posts. For awhile she was alternating with Haley Jones and Brink together, then they would both come off at the same time for Prechtel and Belibi. And she's thrown Jerome in there off and on with one of the other posts. I think it depends on the opponent what the most effective strategy might be. With Jones and the Hulls both having size and being very good rebounding guards, it allows for more flexibility than might be the case for smaller guards.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/06/21 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

She has at various times this year used two posts. For awhile she was alternating with Haley Jones and Brink together, then they would both come off at the same time for Prechtel and Belibi. And she's thrown Jerome in there off and on with one of the other posts. I think it depends on the opponent what the most effective strategy might be. With Jones and the Hulls both having size and being very good rebounding guards, it allows for more flexibility than might be the case for smaller guards.

Very good points. I guess I just mean, might she consider starting two true post players.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 03/06/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure she'd consider it. At times this year she has played two true posts along with Jones. It will depend on what lineup plays best and on matchups.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/07/21 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Defensively, Stanford can hold their own against virtually any other title contender. If they want to win it all, players like Kiana Williams will have to be better/more consistent at hitting their shots throughout the Tournament. And this team hasn't seemed to struggle with getting those open looks imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: