RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#11 Mississippi vs #3 Tennessee - 3/05/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/05/21 12:15 am    ::: #11 Mississippi vs #3 Tennessee - 3/05/21 Reply Reply with quote

SEC Tournament - Quarterfinal
Greenville, SC - 8:15 PM ET

TV: SEC Network (Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=662e4aa4-3f66-4c93-8b7a-e94aea06c9be (tvpli)

Audio:
https://utsports.com/showcase?Live=3828

Live stats:
http://seclive.statbroadcast.com/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/06/21 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No comments on what was one of yesterday's best games? Both teams played very tough but Tenn had enough grit to persevere in the end. Tenn was dominant on the boards and shot 70% from 3-pt land, which was good because Key didn't come to play and KK played tough but was very well defended. Davis had 33 pts and Burrell added 18.

Too bad the game was ruined by Peck and Lyle raving repetitively about "Coach Yo" along with a split screen of said coach jumping up and down on the sidelines for way too much of the game, plus repetitive rampant speculation about Ole Miss's chance of going to the big dance after they won this game. Generally, I think Peck and Lyle are one of the best commentator combinations there are, but this was horrible. It seemed they had a directive to build up Ole Miss. I had to turn the sound off. Rant over.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/06/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was one hell of a game. Mississippi's defense was some of the most stifling I've seen in awhile. Coach Yo has done a great job bringing this team from the doormats of the SEC (along with Arkansas) to where they are now in just two years. And Shakira Austin about had to kill herself to make it possible for the Lady Vpls to pull it out. I really hope the people who count were watching and that they can see their way to putting Ole Miss in the tournament. They're a lot better than some of the teams they're probably thinking about. (And I'm a LVFL, so that's high praise!) But just like the other commenter, I was damn sick of listening to Courtney and Carolyn rave about Coach Yo. How about giving Kellie some credit for cleaning up the mess SHE stepped into? And BTW, Rennia Davis is freakin' awesome. So was that 3/4 court shot of Horston's....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: