RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#8 Southern California vs #1 Stanford - 3/04/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/21 2:11 am    ::: #8 Southern California vs #1 Stanford - 3/04/21 Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 Conference Tournament - Quarterfinals
Las Vegas, LV - 5:00 PM ET

TV: Pac-12 Network (Ann Schatz, Tammy Blackburn)

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2021/03/04/usc-vs-stanford (tvpli)

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/conference.php?id=p12&sport=bbgame&gender=W

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/04/21 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC can look pretty good against a team with a lot less talent (ASU). Against a team with the same amount of talent as them + much better coaching, this kind of Tourney-game showing (or lack thereof) was all but predictable.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/04/21 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pac12 6-player of the year with 3 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists Laughing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/04/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So on her jersey, it’s clearly spelled “Prechtal” but on the Stanford website (and pretty much everywhere else I’ve seen her name) it’s spelled “Prechtel”. The spelling nerd in me is malfunctioning tbh. Evil or Very Mad

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/04/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hahahaha i've never noticed that! she's one of those players i love to watch. i understand stanford is loaded and TVD values depth and likes to spread minutes around, but I wish she got more playing time

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hope our girls didn't shoot all their threes in this game. We will need more of them tomorrow. But nice to have an 'easy' game in the tournament.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 03/05/21 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Lacie Hull was 3-3 today, all from 3-point range, plus 1-2 from the line. That's slightly more than 3 points by my count.

I'll grant that she was a pretty surprising choice for 6th player of the year,. First player off the bench for the best team and a frequent closer, but not much of a stat stuffer for sure.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/05/21 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Lacie Hull was 3-3 today, all from 3-point range, plus 1-2 from the line. That's slightly more than 3 points by my count.

I'll grant that she was a pretty surprising choice for 6th player of the year,. First player off the bench for the best team and a frequent closer, but not much of a stat stuffer for sure.

I think I check the numbers midway through the game? Glad to hear she ended strong. (i've got nothing against her!)

CompSci87

PostPosted: 03/05/21 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So on her jersey, it’s clearly spelled “Prechtal” but on the Stanford website (and pretty much everywhere else I’ve seen her name) it’s spelled “Prechtel”. The spelling nerd in me is malfunctioning tbh. Evil or Very Mad

It's weird if true that Prechtel would be given a uniform for the Pac-12 tournament with her name misspelled. I rewatched a little of the game, but she was always either moving too fast, too far from the camera, or had her hair covering her name, so I couldn't confirm or refute your observation.

Edit: I see it now at the 5:44 mark of the 4th quarter! What a strange mistake by Nike. I guess no one noticed it in time to get it corrected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: