RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Big East Games today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/01/21 8:03 pm    ::: Other Big East Games today Reply Reply with quote

Butler pulled off the big upset in Chicago beating DePaul for the first time ever (think it's been over 20 games) 86-81. I was not expecting this result at all.

This opens up things for Seton Hall to possibly finish 3rd in the BE with a win at St. John's tonight. They are up 29-18 at halftime in a game on FS1. DePaul ends up 4th in the BE if Seton Hall wins tonight.

I wonder how close to a bubble team DePaul is now...

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/01/21 8:07 pm    ::: Re: Other Big East Games today Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Butler pulled off the big upset in Chicago beating DePaul for the first time ever (think it's been over 20 games) 86-81. I was not expecting this result at all.

This opens up things for Seton Hall to possibly finish 3rd in the BE with a win at St. John's tonight. They are up 29-18 at halftime in a game on FS1. DePaul ends up 4th in the BE if Seton Hall wins tonight.

When Butler played UCONN Saturday, I was shocked they won 2 games.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/01/21 8:11 pm    ::: Re: Other Big East Games today Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I never even considered that DePaul would lose at home to them especially with a loss meaning a drop in the BE standings and meeting up with UCONN in the semi's of the BET instead of the final also...

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/01/21 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awkward Bowl is awkward. Seton Hall smacked St. John's around 59-43, and really, that makes it look better than it was.

PostPosted: 03/02/21 12:18 pm    ::: Re: Other Big East Games today Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I never even considered that DePaul would lose at home to them especially with a loss meaning a drop in the BE standings and meeting up with UCONN in the semi's of the BET instead of the final also...

I'm wondering if DePaul might be at risk of not making the tournament, either. I think the only reason they are still ranked is because of their (well-earned) reputation over the past couple of decades, and they'll certainly not be ranked next week. They struggled to beat a very poor Xavier team, lost to a below-.500 Creighton, beat Providence and now the loss to a Butler team whose NET and RPI numbers are down near 300 in the country. I honestly think that Seton Hall might have a better profile than DePaul.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/02/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the only reason they are still ranked is because of their (well-earned) reputation over the past couple of decades, and they'll certainly not be ranked next week.

You called it--Depaul dropped out of the coaches poll, for what it's worth. Still receiving the second most votes, after Rutgers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: