RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Interesting...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/20/21 10:23 am    ::: Interesting... Reply Reply with quote

...has women's professional tennis become an uninteresting sport? Especially here at Rebkell's?

No commentary on this year's A. Open. Is it the players or the sport most people are uninterested in? Thoughts?

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
pilight

PostPosted: 02/20/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was just about to post something about Osaka's win. I didn't stay up to 3:30 AM to see it live so I just finished it.

PostPosted: 02/20/21 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I was just about to post something about Osaka's win. I didn't stay up to 3:30 AM to see it live so I just finished it.

I was up, but forgot about the match. Still, the last Austrillian Open thread here was 4 posts long and the last U.S. and French Open posts were your single entries. Is anything happening to decrease the interest in women's tennis?

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
robertoclementeforever

PostPosted: 02/21/21 10:25 am    ::: Women's Sports Reply Reply with quote

I love women's sports. My favorite is basketball but I also love soccer, tennis, volleyball, gymnastics and golf.

My greatest challenge as a fan is being awake and viable for international events. I never watch the Australian Open, (the First Major of the season) because my biorhythms are in sleep mode. I also wish that tennis would stop focusing on whether Serena will win another Major (if it happens then let it happen although I think not). Time to create more interesting story lines with the plethora of younger players to grow the game.

Although I have little experience with this Board, the scarcity of posts for other women's sports doesn't surprise me. You'll find greater participation in sports specific Boards. Further, my impressions to date are that this Board, while civil, is a predominately male forum that attracts strongly opinionated responses which would tend to discourage the participation of women somewhat. I'm not saying that this is purposeful, but it is what it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: