RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Say goodbye to Aunt Jemima, and say hello to...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/09/21 6:45 pm    ::: Say goodbye to Aunt Jemima, and say hello to... Reply Reply with quote

Pearl Milling Company!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/17/aunt-jemima-brand-will-change-name-remove-image-that-quaker-says-is-based-on-a-racial-stereotype.html

https://www.kctv5.com/aunt-jemima-finally-has-a-new-name/article_7fa8ff18-c4d0-5a2c-ac08-734b96a36f4f.html

PostPosted: 02/09/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I don’t know the back story on this. I know the family of the Native American woman who posed for the iconic Land o’ Lakes butter packaging told a very interesting story about her involvement and the pride in her people.

Doubt there’s much of that in this case but anyway, what I REALLY want to say about this is that of all the iconic 20th century American products (Metrecal) that no longer exist, I was surprised to learn this wasn’t one of them.

Some were towering household names. Some are gone because people no longer required Carter’s Little Liver Pills (which still is hanging on I guess as a nostalgia product.) But so many others are also still out there somewhere Brylcreem. Vitalis.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: