RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

St John’s @ #3 Connecticut - 2/03/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/21 2:41 am    ::: St John’s @ #3 Connecticut - 2/03/21 Reply Reply with quote

Storrs, CT - 6:30 PM ET
TV: SNY (Allen Bestwick, Meghan Culmo)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live (tvpli)
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (tvpli)

Audio:
https://listen.tunein.com/connecticutwbbschedule

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=conn

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 02/03/21 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams out with ankle. Muhl starts along with Edwards who starts for Griffin.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/03/21 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

midway through the second period Bueckers with 18pts 7-9 (3-4)

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/03/21 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Williams out with ankle. Muhl starts along with Edwards who starts for Griffin.

Makurat out.
Williams out.
Griffin-also has a bum ankle.

Paige has a beautiful pull-up jumper.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/03/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At one point UConn had 3 freshmen on the court and it was in the 2nd period. New territory for Geno.

From the sublime to the other thing. Bueckers grabs a rebound, gets triple teamed in the back court, dribbles around and through the triple team, delivers a pass to a wide open Westbrook, who airball's it. The Meadowlark Lemon show was great though.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/03/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Meadowlark Lemon

More Marques Haynes or Curly Neal.

Paige has so much magic: shooting, passing, dribbling, court vision, poise. It's unreal.
ucbart

PostPosted: 02/03/21 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
At one point UConn had 3 freshmen on the court and it was in the 2nd period. New territory for Geno.

From the sublime to the other thing. Bueckers grabs a rebound, gets triple teamed in the back court, dribbles around and through the triple team, delivers a pass to a wide open Westbrook, who airball's it. The Meadowlark Lemon show was great though.

Three freshman started.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sooo, Correa is pretty damn good at St. John's. Very athletic and her coach thinks she could play in the W. I like what I saw.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Correa was great and SJU, shooting 50%, was quite good except for their 27 turnovers and only six offensive rebounds, which resulted in 21 fewer shots on goal than UConn. .
linkster

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 3 freshman starters, Bueckers, Edwards & Muhl combined for 65 points (26-38; 8-10) 11 rbs 13 assists 5 to's.

Next up, at Marquette. Wear your wool underwear ladies.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/03/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
The 3 freshman starters, Bueckers, Edwards & Muhl combined for 65 points (26-38; 8-10) 11 rbs 13 assists 5 to's.

It's just so nice to have a bench. Muhl is really starting to come into her own and I really like her. Like, a lot.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/03/21 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McClean is amazing. She has no position and I don't ever see her starting at UConn with who they have coming, but I'd love to see her stay. She is an unconscious rebounder and is as quick as a pg. At the end of the 3rd period she had played 7 minutes and had 8 rebounds, six offensive, and had scored 4 or 5 points. She could become the defensive stopper for the team.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/03/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Yep - it's supposed to get super cold after our next round of snow tomorrow. Marquette really struggled to beat a bad Georgetown team today - I think Friday is going to be really ugly - maybe it's good I can't see this game in person Smile.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/03/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
linkster wrote:

Yep - it's supposed to get super cold after our next round of snow tomorrow. Marquette really struggled to beat a bad Georgetown team today - I think Friday is going to be really ugly - maybe it's good I can't see this game in person Smile.

This season you never know. Marquette might have been looking past the Hoyas.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/03/21 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
linkster wrote:

This season you never know. Marquette might have been looking past the Hoyas.

I would be shocked if Marquette ends up within 30 of UCONN especially after seeing how easily UCONN has beaten DePaul twice this season already. I was hoping for MU to go 3-1 this week - they've picked up the road wins against Creighton an Georgetown and I'm figuring DePaul on Sunday is the other game they need to take to get to 3-1 for the week.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like I missed nothing I would regret not seeing by inadvertently making other plans for this evening.

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Yes, so they can spend the entire game trying to scratch that itch. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/04/21 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been saying..Edwards needs to be starting permanently. Make ONO a stretch four..seems like the last time he started Aaliyah, he still tried to make ONO the post. Tonight showed what can really work..ppl think it's all about height. Stacy Stephens from Texas wasn't very tall, lucky if she was 6 foot but she did work in the paint!

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/04/21 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I've been saying..Edwards needs to be starting permanently. Make ONO a stretch four..seems like the last time he started Aaliyah, he still tried to make ONO the post. Tonight showed what can really work..ppl think it's all about height. Stacy Stephens from Texas wasn't very tall, lucky if she was 6 foot but she did work in the paint!

Agree, ONO is quick and she can pass, drive, and shoot from the high post.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/04/21 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

I'd agree if neither or even only one of them was foul prone. But they both are and with them both sitting UConn is a sitting duck inside.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/05/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Sooo, Correa is pretty damn good at St. John's. Very athletic and her coach thinks she could play in the W. I like what I saw.

Me too. I never heard her mentioned much before but she definitely looked good tonight.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/05/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Me too. I never heard her mentioned much before but she definitely looked good tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: