RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

League review..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/18/21 8:56 pm    ::: League review.. Reply Reply with quote

So is the league gonna review that triple double or do they only do it when our Black Queens get one? Twisted Evil I remember they even said to hold off on the social media announcements too but yet Sabrina is all over everywhere..props but be consistent..we rally for change, but let's start within our own

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/18/21 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty easy to check the video yourself immediately these days. A couple of the assists were a tiny bit generous, but nothing they'd take away (and all fairly standard for modern scoring instructions). The first 9 rebounds were all correct, but the tenth one happened during the commercial break so was rather difficult to check (although the commentators were desperately looking for it by then, so were probably right). I figured she had enough clearance on the points not to need to check.

PostPosted: 05/18/21 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't speak to every rebound, but the 10th looked clean. We were calling it in the stands before it went on the stat board.

PostPosted: 05/18/21 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tbh she even got a rebound on the air ball as time expired in the 4th to be considered an 11th. Just show her love and be excited that she’s bringing fans eyes to our game. Cool Cool

PostPosted: 05/19/21 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of you are missing the point. I'm not questioning Sabrina's trip dub or hating on her. I'm saying it looks bad when others in the past were reviewed and announcements were held off...so if the protocol changed then that should be made clear.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/19/21 3:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
A lot of you are missing the point. I'm not questioning Sabrina's trip dub or hating on her. I'm saying it looks bad when others in the past were reviewed and announcements were held off...so if the protocol changed then that should be made clear.

Maybe they learned from that and have another person check that kind of stats right after the game or even during the game? Double check

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SCook

PostPosted: 05/19/21 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

I get what you're saying. I still remember them reviewing BG's and taking away a block in her rookie season. I never forget how irritated I was with that.

PostPosted: 05/19/21 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There've been multiple ones taken away because things just didn't happen once you watched the tape. I think Tina Charles ended up with about 7 rebounds or something on a 'triple-double'. But I don't remember anyone official ever saying anything about holding off on statements or celebrations until stuff had been checked.

ETA: There was a replay of Ionescu's 10th board which showed her clearly getting it, so I see no reason that this one would be taken away.

Last edited by Richyyy on 05/19/21 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/19/21 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would say they should axe the ability to review stuff like this, but because they did the same thing upon Chicago's request to find an extra assist for Courtney Vandersloot & bump her up to that exact 10 APG average last season, I guess I'd say it works both ways.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/19/21 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a fun thing you can do. Go to the video box score on wnba.com:

https://stats.wnba.com/game/1022100009/

Click on the number of Ionescu's rebounds and it will show a video of all 10. You can also go to the PBP and pick out individual ones.

This is available for games as far back as 2014, though there are hiccups occasionally. For example, Elena Delle Donne's last FGM from this game is missing. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/19/21 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's funny because when Sabrina was at 9 rebounds, a Minnesota shot caromed long toward the corner. She chased it down and could have grabbed it, but decided to be safe and let the ball bounce out. Afterward, we were laughing because Sabrina clearly didn't know about the triple double.

PostPosted: 05/19/21 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
It's funny because when Sabrina was at 9 rebounds, a Minnesota shot caromed long toward the corner. She chased it down and could have grabbed it, but decided to be safe and let the ball bounce out. Afterward, we were laughing because Sabrina clearly didn't know about the triple double.

Watching the game I was thinking the same thing. She showed zero care factor for adding a cheap rebound to her boxscore, which I totally respect in that scenario (where there was no risk of an opponent grabbing it) ... but given she was 1 rebound from the triple double at the time it was also frustrating. I'm glad it didn't cost her in the end.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: