RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Elizabeth Williams, Kelly Loeffler, and Raphael Warnock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/23/20 12:02 am    ::: Elizabeth Williams, Kelly Loeffler, and Raphael Warnock Reply Reply with quote

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/georgia-senate-race-loeffler-wnba-warnock?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeednews&ref=bffbbuzzfeednews&&fbclid=IwAR18lWKFOjl40hHQTFyfYBXyDXQe3OlHdGo2eVwduHqIwpPX_QzuCrscDzQ

PostPosted: 12/23/20 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am very proud to be a WNBA fan with respect to their handling of the racial issues our country is facing. And I very much admire Elizabeth Williams and the other Dream players for speaking out politically against their team owner.

I think it would save everyone on both sides a whole lot of misery if Loeffler sells the team.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/23/20 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just wish they had gotten behind a better candidate

PostPosted: 12/26/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Was there a better candidate available? Who? And how would that person be better?

Curious, as I do not live in Georgia.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/26/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just hoping for a drama-free next 10 days out of the Warnock camp. Though I understand that many (Democratic voters) have already cast their ballots, thus it’s maybe gonna be what it’s gonna be from here on out.

Soooooo... out of curiosity (and perhaps innocence/ignorance), do we think it would be better for the League/the Dream if Loeffler were to lose, or to win? Or would it not make one iota of a difference either way?

pilight

PostPosted: 12/26/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Was there a better candidate available? Who? And how would that person be better?

I voted for Valencia Stovall in the main election. Ed Tarver was also a serious Democrat.

At the very least none of the other Dems were on tape saying "Goddamn America".

PostPosted: 12/27/20 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Speebs56 wrote:
pilight wrote:

I voted for Valencia Stovall in the main election. Ed Tarver was also a serious Democrat.

Context matters. However in the great state of Georgia, context isn’t something we take extreme pride in. The fear is that many people will just not turn out the way we did because of taking blurbs from a preacher. How many pastors have made comparisons that’s would sound horrible if played and manipulated in this way?

I’m a Georgia voter and Warnock definitely is one of the Dems’ best chances to win the race.

PostPosted: 12/27/20 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Speebs56 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Context matters. However in the great state of Georgia, context isn’t something we take extreme pride in. The fear is that many people will just not turn out the way we did because of taking blurbs from a preacher. How many pastors have made comparisons that’s would sound horrible if played and manipulated in this way?

I’m a Georgia voter and Warnock definitely is one of the Dems’ best chances to win the race.

It's doubtful there are any states where that clip would play well.

I agree that pastors make poor candidates.

PostPosted: 12/27/20 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Speebs56 wrote:
pilight wrote:

According to a tally by the Associated Press. Warnock led the 20 candidates in the special election with 32.9% of the vote. Tarver got 0.5%. Stovall got 0.3%.

I'm for Warnock, the candidate supported by the WNBA players. I'm for Ossoff. Were there better candidates? I don't care.

PostPosted: 12/27/20 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
pilight wrote:
Speebs56 wrote:
pilight wrote:

According to a tally by the Associated Press. Warnock led the 20 candidates in the special election with 32.9% of the vote. Tarver got 0.5%. Stovall got 0.3%.

I'm for Warnock, the candidate supported by the WNBA players. I'm for Ossoff. Were there better candidates? I don't care.

The DNC got behind Warnock, that's why he won the vote. That doesn't make him the best candidate, just the one with the best connections.

PostPosted: 12/27/20 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You may not care, but someone who's gonna get represented by the winners of the runoff has every right to care.

(now with spelling variations)
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/27/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
You may not care, but someone who's gonna get represented by the winners of the runoff has every right to care.

Where exactly did I challenge your right, or anyone else's, to care and to state their views?

PostPosted: 12/28/20 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Soooooo... out of curiosity (and perhaps innocence/ignorance), do we think it would be better for the League/the Dream if Loeffler were to lose, or to win? Or would it not make one iota of a difference either way?

Win or lose I see her selling her ownership stake. She was a big fan sitting courtside at most games. Seems that she wouldn't want to be there and/or the players will be upset she's there. The fun of owning the team should be gone now. And it loses money.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 01/06/21 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raphael Warnock has been declared the winner of the Georgia special election. Jon Ossoff leads in his race for a Senate seat. Given the remaining votes to be counted--including votes from many African American precincts in Atlanta--it looks good for Ossoff.

Warnock, the alleged "radical liberal" (hilarious term), will finish with the highest vote total of the four candidates. Kelly Loeffler will end up with the least votes.

Great night for the WNBA players! Hopefully the end of Kelly Loeffler's political career, soon to be followed by the end of her involvement in the WNBA. And the players can go on never saying her name. Smile

PostPosted: 01/06/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Raphael Warnock has been declared the winner of the Georgia special election. Jon Ossoff leads in his race for a Senate seat. Given the remaining votes to be counted--including votes from many African American precincts in Atlanta--it looks good for Ossoff.

Warnock, the alleged "radical liberal" (hilarious term), will finish with the highest vote total of the four candidates. Kelly Loeffler will end up with the least votes.

Great night for the WNBA players! Hopefully the end of Kelly Loeffler's political career, soon to be followed by the end of her involvement in the WNBA. And the players can go on never saying her name. Smile

Exclamation Exclamation

So proud of the influence and impact of the W and happy to see that they are getting some "flowers" for their activism throughout the years! The social media love for the W has been a beautiful thing in light of a whole lot of ugliness today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: