RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/02/21 1:00 pm    ::: Re: OSU Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
myrtle wrote:
robertoclementeforever wrote:
OSU is the Ohio State University. Sorry Oklahoma State and Oregon State. That's just the way it is.

depends on where you live. OSU on the west coast is definitely Oregon State.
so I just use OrSU, OkSU, and OhSU or tOSU.

Agreed.

It's all confusing enough that, at least in writing, I've abandoned the "OSU" and "USC" abbreviations entirely. Ohio State/OH State. Oregon State/OR State. Oklahoma State/OK State. Southern Cal/SoCal. South Carolina/SoCar.

Although admittedly, as a Washingtonian, I still use "UW" (pronounced 'U-dub' here) for Washington and "WSU" (pronounced 'Wazoo' here) for Washington State, when schools like Wisconsin and Wichita State exist...

hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/03/21 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been pleasantly surprised with Arkansas' success this season considering the beginning of the season.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/08/21 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-womens-college-basketball-poll

UConn still #1

Stanford up to #2

Rutgers up to #19

South Florida down to #20

Florida Gulf Coast in
DePaul out

PostPosted: 03/08/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette came oh so close to being ranked this week with 52 votes - 24 and 25th place teams had 54 and 53 votes respectively. Oh well 😀.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/08/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette came oh so close to being ranked this week with 52 votes - 24 and 25th place teams had 54 and 53 votes respectively. Oh well 😀.

Meanwhile, DePaul *still* receiving votes. Oh well, indeed. Sad

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/08/21 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Meanwhile, DePaul *still* receiving votes. Oh well, indeed. Sad

Yeah but they are down to 5 votes which isn’t a whole lot.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/08/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do the conferences fare in the week 16 poll?

Giving 25 points for the #1 ranking down to one point for the #25 ranking, the conferences' total points are below. (The numbers in parentheses are the conferences' total points in the prior eight weeks' polls.)

There was quite a lot movement this week in the conference rankings.

- The SEC pulled out to an even more dominant (28 pt.) lead over the 2nd place conference.
- The B10 flipped ahead of the P12 for 2nd place.
- The B12 flipped ahead of the BEC for 5th place.
- The WCC flipped ahead of the AAC for 7th place.
- The MVC and ASN moved ahead of the SUM for 9th and 10th places.

SEC = 22+21+14+12+11+8 = 88 (87) (76) (71) (71) (75) (73) (77) (78)

B10 = 19+17+13+7+4 = 60 (54) (59) (61) (57) (58) (58) (53)

P12 = 24+16+15+3 = 58 (61) (67) (67) (70) (72) (72) (70) (75)

ACC = 23+19 = 42 (44) (44) (45) (47) (49) (52) (49)

B12 = 20+9 = 29 (26) (27) (26) (26) (23) (19) (19) (25)

BEC = 25 (26) (27) (32) (28) (29) (32) (31) (29)

WCC = 10 (8) (5) (10) (9) (7) (8) (6) (6)

AAC = 6 (11) (13) (14) (12) (13) (12) (10)

MVC = 5 (3) (3) (1) (1)

ASN = 2

SUM = 1 (5) (4) (3) (3) (3) (1)
robertoclementeforever

PostPosted: 03/09/21 1:34 pm    ::: Re: OSU Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
osubeavers wrote:
myrtle wrote:
OSU is the Ohio State University. Sorry Oklahoma State and Oregon State. That's just the way it is.

Agreed.

It's all confusing enough that, at least in writing, I've abandoned the "OSU" and "USC" abbreviations entirely. Ohio State/OH State. Oregon State/OR State. Oklahoma State/OK State. Southern Cal/SoCal. South Carolina/SoCar.

Although admittedly, as a Washingtonian, I still use "UW" (pronounced 'U-dub' here) for Washington and "WSU" (pronounced 'Wazoo' here) for Washington State, when schools like Wisconsin and Wichita State exist...

Well, respectfully, perhaps, if one looks at this provincially or myopically. The B1G's footprint covers the Mid-West to the East Coast. According to the NCAA, the Buckeyes are tied with Alabama as the second winningest Program in D-1 Football History behind Michigan (another B1G institution). Ask any Rose Bowl fan what they think about when they hear OSU is going to play in the Rose Bowl. Hint, not the Beavers nor the Cowboys.

Academically and as research institutions, the rankings (U S News) are as follows:

Top Public National

Ohio State 17 53
Oregon State 71 153
Oklahoma State 95 187

The differences become more obvious when you consider name recognition, brand, alumni fan base, championships and legacy, media and revenues generated but to name a few. Think false equivalency.

Not trying to disparage anyone but this isn't even a close call unless you think USC is South Carolina and Portland means Portland, Maine.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/09/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since that school in Columbus is so insistent on being referred to as the Ohio State University, they can be tOSU and like it. It's far, far better than other things they could be called.

PostPosted: 03/10/21 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Since that school in Columbus is so insistent on being referred to as the Ohio State University, they can be tOSU and like it. It's far, far better than other things they could be called.

Queenie, you just made this Wisconsin alum spit coffee on the keyboard! I'm dying here! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/11/21 3:30 am    ::: Re: OSU Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
osubeavers wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Agreed.

Well, respectfully, perhaps, if one looks at this provincially or myopically. The B1G's footprint covers the Mid-West to the East Coast. According to the NCAA, the Buckeyes are tied with Alabama as the second winningest Program in D-1 Football History behind Michigan (another B1G institution). Ask any Rose Bowl fan what they think about when they hear OSU is going to play in the Rose Bowl. Hint, not the Beavers nor the Cowboys.

Academically and as research institutions, the rankings (U S News) are as follows:

Top Public National

Ohio State 17 53
Oregon State 71 153
Oklahoma State 95 187

The differences become more obvious when you consider name recognition, brand, alumni fan base, championships and legacy, media and revenues generated but to name a few. Think false equivalency.

Not trying to disparage anyone but this isn't even a close call unless you think USC is South Carolina and Portland means Portland, Maine.

The vast majority of these things involve context, elementary common sense, and the desire to just not be an asshole. Very rarely do they involve generalizations of context - an overall generalized discussion of sports from coast to coast, all-encompassing. Usually those discussions involve an effort to be specific when referencing sports programs and institutions, because it's understood that there could be repetitions.

But like when one is discussing the SEC tournament or regular-season competition, and someone refers to "USC" or "UT". And then someone rushes in to declare confusion as to what the "USC" or "UT" stands for. Well, now you're just either declaring stupidity about the topic of discussion you're rushing into, or you're just a bit too disingenuous regarding your attempt to be an asshole for nothing more than being an asshole's sake, because neither Southern California nor Texas have ANYTHING at all to do with the Southeastern Conference, and you SHOULD know better.

Or as what has happened here on this forum before, with a long discussion regarding South Carolina where the context involves South Carolina entirely, and someone uses "USC", and now the assholes come rushing in who have NOT involved themselves prior in this particular discussion AT ALL, just to declare their asshole-ishness by inserting into the discussion how they regard "USC" as referring to Southern California. Which has nothing to do with anything at all: this is a discussion regarding South Carolina, assholes. Go be your precious asshole selves elsewhere.

This whole discussion by the cackling cuckling hens was started because I was having a direct discussion regarding South Carolina being possibly #1 over NC State, when both teams had already played each other, and I - a SC resident who attended the state university of my state who goes by the initials "U-S-C" - referred to South Carolina as "USC", and then purduefanatic comes rushing in to say:

Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks University of Southern California when I see USC? Never does the University of South Carolina come to mind.

Now, one can ONLY intellectually conclude that what purduefanatic's intent here was, was to be an asshole. Because AFTER someone had already referred to South Carolina as USC (me), he/she comes in asking a question in reference to the answer that was already given to it: YES, you would HAVE to be the only one who thinks this, because you're responding to someone else who is quite literally referring to South Carolina. So what relevant point does your question have to do with anything, before you even ask it? Of course, it has no point at all. Just being an asshole for being an asshole's sake.

Because apparently if the discussion was about South Carolina playing Georgia for the SECT title and I mentioned "USC", purduefanatic's intellectual wherewithal would lead him/her to thinking that Southern California was playing Georgia for the Southeastern Conference tournament title? That somehow THAT would make more sense to him/her than perhaps thinking it was about South Carolina playing Georgia? And so now we have this discussion that still lives on today??? That initial discussion took place around a month ago....

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Conway Gamecock on 03/11/21 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/11/21 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no matter what you think about what they say, calling other posters 'assholes' repeatedly because they post something you don't like or that you disagree with is more a reflection on you than on them. And really isn't cool or acceptable IMO.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/11/21 1:29 pm    ::: Re: OSU Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
The vast majority of these things involve context, elementary common sense, and the desire to just not be an asshole. Very rarely do they involve generalizations of context - an overall generalized discussion of sports from coast to coast, all-encompassing. Usually those discussions involve an effort to be specific when referencing sports programs and institutions, because it's understood that there could be repetitions.

But like when one is discussing the SEC tournament or regular-season competition, and someone refers to "USC" or "UT". And then someone rushes in to declare confusion as to what the "USC" or "UT" stands for. Well, now you're just either declaring stupidity about the topic of discussion you're rushing into, or you're just a bit too disingenuous regarding your attempt to be an asshole for nothing more than being an asshole's sake, because neither Southern California nor Texas have ANYTHING at all to do with the Southeastern Conference, and you SHOULD know better.

Or as what has happened here on this forum before, with a long discussion regarding South Carolina where the context involves South Carolina entirely, and someone uses "USC", and now the assholes come rushing in who have NOT involved themselves prior in this particular discussion AT ALL, just to declare their asshole-ishness by inserting into the discussion how they regard "USC" as referring to Southern California. Which has nothing to do with anything at all: this is a discussion regarding South Carolina, assholes. Go be your precious asshole selves elsewhere.

This whole discussion by the cackling cuckling hens was started because I was having a direct discussion regarding South Carolina being possibly #1 over NC State, when both teams had already played each other, and I - a SC resident who attended the state university of my state who goes by the initials "U-S-C" - referred to South Carolina as "USC", and then purduefanatic comes rushing in to say:

Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks University of Southern California when I see USC? Never does the University of South Carolina come to mind.

Now, one can ONLY intellectually conclude that what purduefanatic's intent here was, was to be an asshole. Because AFTER someone had already referred to South Carolina as USC (me), he/she comes in asking a question in reference to the answer that was already given to it: NO, you're obviously NOT the only one who thinks this, because you're responding to someone else declaratively professing to NOT think this. So what relevant point does your question have to do with anything, before you even ask it? Of course, it has no point at all. Just being an asshole for being an asshole's sake.

Because apparently if the discussion was about South Carolina playing Georgia for the SECT title and I mentioned "USC", purduefanatic's intellectual wherewithal would lead him/her to thinking that Southern California was playing Georgia for the Southeastern Conference tournament title? That somehow THAT would make more sense to him/her than perhaps thinking it was about South Carolina playing Georgia? And so now we have this discussion that still lives on today??? That initial discussion took place around a month ago....

Wow. It was actually a general question, certainly not meant to be an "assholeish" thing. I don't recall saying that I thought the University of Southern California was involved nor any other thing that you just rambled on and on about. In addition, your use of "rushing in" is hilarious. My comment was 3 days after you said something. If that is rushing in, I can't imagine what you consider someone making a comment an hour later. Also, I didn't quote you or anything. It was a general question. Sensitive much?

By the way, this argument makes zero sense as it pertains to my comment: "Now, one can ONLY intellectually conclude that what purduefanatic's intent here was, was to be an asshole. Because AFTER someone had already referred to South Carolina as USC (me), he/she comes in asking a question in reference to the answer that was already given to it: NO, you're obviously NOT the only one who thinks this, because you're responding to someone else declaratively professing to NOT think this."

You see, I asked am I the only one that things Southern Cal when seeing USC. Obviously you don't, so my question was actually kinda valid no? So your entire comment right there makes ZERO sense.

Anyway, as someone else just said, your post says a lot more about you than it does me. Heaven forbid someone ask a question, whether you like it or not. With so many things that go by a simple set of initials, it is kind of a fair question and something fun to think about it. In fact, let's look at the University of Kentucky and the University of Kansas. Both would seem to want UK, but that moniker goes to Kentucky while Kansas reversed the initials and go by KU...and all the fans know it.

Anyway, I really hope you are able to enjoy the conference and NCAA Tournaments and you don't take everything so seriously. Best of luck to your USC Troja...ooops, your USC Gamecocks.

By the way, I'm male and grew up watching college football in the 70's and 80's which is probably a HUGE reason why USC = Southern Cal for me. And FSU is Florida State, not Fresno State...and OU is Oklahoma, not Ohio University.

* Edit - this is a thread about the Top 25 poll. Just fyi...

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/11/21 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
no matter what you think about what they say, calling other posters 'assholes' repeatedly because they post something you don't like or that you disagree with is more a reflection on you than on them. And really isn't cool or acceptable IMO.

Not at all - not when there are literally DECADES of people being assholes by constantly saying that "USC" should only be in reference to Southern California, for the sole purpose of putting down and trashing South Carolina, it's athletics' programs, and its' fanbase. The wealth of history that Gamecock fans have had to eat from others doing this for SOLELY asshole-ish purposes, flushed your position straight down the shit tube. Its tantamount to racists being racist to other ethnic groups, then calling out others as being racist simply for calling them out as racists. Or people culturally canceling out others for what they perceive to be cancel culture.

But AGAIN - a poster rushing into a discussion regarding South Carolina in a frame of context that could ONLY be in reference to South Carolina - and ONLY South Carolina - with NOTHING of context having to do with Southern California, just to make the remark that purduefanatic made above, can ONLY be either idiotic or of asshole-ic intent. I choose to believe the latter, as purduefanatic doesn't come across as being stupid to me...

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/11/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Not at all - not when there are literally DECADES of people being assholes by constantly saying that "USC" should only be in reference to Southern California, for the sole purpose of putting down and trashing South Carolina, it's athletics' programs, and its' fanbase. The wealth of history that Gamecock fans have had to eat from others doing this for SOLELY asshole-ish purposes, flushed your position straight down the shit tube. Its tantamount to racists being racist to other ethnic groups, then calling out others as being racist simply for calling them out as racists. Or people culturally canceling out others for what they perceive to be cancel culture.

But AGAIN - a poster rushing into a discussion regarding South Carolina in a frame of context that could ONLY be in reference to South Carolina - and ONLY South Carolina - with NOTHING of context having to do with Southern California, just to make the remark that purduefanatic made above, can ONLY be either idiotic or of asshole-ic intent. I choose to believe the latter, as purduefanatic doesn't come across as being stupid to me...

Please show me where I put down South Carolina athletics at all...anywhere. I'll wait. Also, where did I say USC can ONLY be used for Southern Cal? And comparing me to being a racist??? WTF is your problem? And once again, if posting a comment 3 days after your initial one is "rushing in", I wonder what you would call this response?

I have no idea why you are "rushing" to these conclusions. In fact, my question got quite a bit of dialog going and was actually kind of fun IMO. I don't see where myself or anyone else took a shot at South Carolina in any way, shape or form.

And by the way, I don't really give a crap if someone referring to USC is talking about the condom brand or what you put a condom on...who cares. Lighten up already. Try to live and laugh a little.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/11/21 2:00 pm    ::: Re: OSU Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Quote:

Now, one can ONLY intellectually conclude that what purduefanatic's intent here was, was to be an asshole. Because AFTER someone had already referred to South Carolina as USC (me), he/she comes in asking a question in reference to the answer that was already given to it: NO, you're obviously NOT the only one who thinks this, because you're responding to someone else declaratively professing to NOT think this. So what relevant point does your question have to do with anything, before you even ask it? Of course, it has no point at all. Just being an asshole for being an asshole's sake.

Wow. It was actually a general question, certainly not meant to be an "assholeish" thing. I don't recall saying that I thought the University of Southern California was involved nor any other thing that you just rambled on and on about. In addition, your use of "rushing in" is hilarious. My comment was 3 days after you said something. If that is rushing in, I can't imagine what you consider someone making a comment an hour later. Also, I didn't quote you or anything. It was a general question. Sensitive much?

By the way, this argument makes zero sense as it pertains to my comment: "Now, one can ONLY intellectually conclude that what purduefanatic's intent here was, was to be an asshole. Because AFTER someone had already referred to South Carolina as USC (me), he/she comes in asking a question in reference to the answer that was already given to it: NO, you're obviously NOT the only one who thinks this, because you're responding to someone else declaratively professing to NOT think this."

You see, I asked am I the only one that things Southern Cal when seeing USC. Obviously you don't, so my question was actually kinda valid no? So your entire comment right there makes ZERO sense.

Anyway, as someone else just said, your post says a lot more about you than it does me. Heaven forbid someone ask a question, whether you like it or not. With so many things that go by a simple set of initials, it is kind of a fair question and something fun to think about it. In fact, let's look at the University of Kentucky and the University of Kansas. Both would seem to want UK, but that moniker goes to Kentucky while Kansas reversed the initials and go by KU...and all the fans know it.

Anyway, I really hope you are able to enjoy the conference and NCAA Tournaments and you don't take everything so seriously. Best of luck to your USC Troja...ooops, your USC Gamecocks.

By the way, I'm male and grew up watching college football in the 70's and 80's which is probably a HUGE reason why USC = Southern Cal for me. And FSU is Florida State, not Fresno State...and OU is Oklahoma, not Ohio University.

* Edit - this is a thread about the Top 25 poll. Just fyi...

It IS a thread about the top 25 poll. There was ONE small discussion in it regarding South Carolina - NOT Southern California - where ONLY South Carolina was referenced - AGAIN NOT any reference being made about Southern California. I referenced the University of South Carolina as "USC" in that discussion, in a context that had and STILL hasn't ANY connection to Southern California. Then you made what I perceive to be an asshole general question. That had NOTHING to do with my discussion, and was IMO totally blind to the very obvious context of that discussion.

I could rush into any posts here about Purdue and ask if anyone else here thinks of whiskey shots followed by beer chasers, when I already know what references to the Boilermakers mean, but I care so little about anything Purdue that it wouldn't be worth my time typing out the words. Also, if I did that, I would KNOW that my intent was to be a bit of an asshole towards Purdue fans, even though at the same time, it too would be a general question. But I choose to not be an asshole just for the pleasure of being an asshole.

I mean, I doubt if anyone else here cares much about anything South Carolina - I am the only regular Gamecock poster here who has much to say about them. Didn't stop YOU from rushing in though, did it (and YES you DID rush in, despite what you choose to believe, I made my final reference to South Carolina as "USC" on Feb. 4th in the evening, and YOU made your "general question" on Feb. 5th in the morning. In fact, your post was the very next post after MY post)?

But if I were to do that, it would STILL be an asshole thing for me to do. But I could go on and say it was just a general question. General questions can also be asshole questions too, dependent on how they are framed.

But hey, all I did was voice my opinion. Heaven forbid someone voice their opinion, whether you like it or not. Its not like I've been engaging in discussions about it for a whole freaking month...

* I corrected my above post - I got my thought twisted, but the intent and purpose of my point was still valid.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/11/21 2:10 pm    ::: Re: OSU Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
It IS a thread about the top 25 poll. There was ONE small discussion in it regarding South Carolina - NOT Southern California - where ONLY South Carolina was referenced - AGAIN NOT any reference being made about Southern California. I referenced the University of South Carolina as "USC" in that discussion, in a context that had and STILL hasn't ANY connection to Southern California. Then you made what I perceive to be an asshole general question. That had NOTHING to do with my discussion, and was IMO totally blind to the very obvious context of that discussion.

I could rush into any posts here about Purdue and ask if anyone else here thinks of whiskey shots followed by beer chasers, when I already know what references to the Boilermakers mean, but I care so little about anything Purdue that it wouldn't be worth my time typing out the words. Also, if I did that, I would KNOW that my intent was to be a bit of an asshole towards Purdue fans, even though at the same time, it too would be a general question. But I choose to not be an asshole just for the pleasure of being an asshole.

I mean, I doubt if anyone else here cares much about anything South Carolina - I am the only regular Gamecock poster here who has much to say about them. Didn't stop YOU from rushing in though, did it? But if I were to do that, it would STILL be an asshole thing for me to do. But I could go on and say it was just a general question. General questions can also be asshole questions too.

But hey, all I did was voice my opinion. Heaven forbid someone voice their opinion, whether you like it or not. Its not like I've been engaging in discussions about it for a whole freaking month...

* I corrected my above post - I got my thought twisted, but the intent and purpose of my point was still valid.

LOL. I will stop responding. I think your posts say plenty. In this thread you have been pissed off at myrtle, linkster, myself and I think one other person. Actually, I think you're more pissed at the Robertoclemente poster than me. I certainly didn't say anything that warranted your vitriol but you quoted him/her when making reference to my comment.

By the way, feel free to say whatever you want about Purdue. I will most likely laugh. I mean, let's play the initials game with them: PU. Hello. That's pretty funny. And they currently suck on the court as well. In fact, they are living up to those initials. See? It's ok to laugh and make light of things.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/11/21 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Please show me where I put down South Carolina athletics at all...anywhere. I'll wait. Also, where did I say USC can ONLY be used for Southern Cal? And comparing me to being a racist??? WTF is your problem? And once again, if posting a comment 3 days after your initial one is "rushing in", I wonder what you would call this response?

I have no idea why you are "rushing" to these conclusions. In fact, my question got quite a bit of dialog going and was actually kind of fun IMO. I don't see where myself or anyone else took a shot at South Carolina in any way, shape or form.

And by the way, I don't really give a crap if someone referring to USC is talking about the condom brand or what you put a condom on...who cares. Lighten up already. Try to live and laugh a little.

I haven't compared ANYONE to being racist in this thread. Perhaps I really must review my position on all of this. Maybe your comments are NOT based on being an asshole, and is more based on stupidity, the way you're interpreting the written word. But for the record just so you don't come back with this, I ALSO didn't compare ANYONE to being a culture canceller either.

It's about people doing things to others, when in fact THEY are the ones doing things similar that they accuse others of doing, then they play the victim act to deflect from what they are doing. It's pure hypocrisy.

And once again, February 4th around 5:30 PM and February 5th around 9:00 am is NOT what most people would call 3 days after. I didn't say anything about my initial post - I said about my series of posts in discussion with others regarding the debate of who should be #1 in the polls - South Carolina ("USC") or NC State. YOU literally posted mere HOURS after my final post on that subject, in which I also used the "USC" reference. Yes, days consists of hours, but in this case, we're talking about 16 hours or so not several days.

My "rush" to my conclusions comes over an entire MONTH later, but the debate YOU started is still ongoing.

MY debate with others were directly relevant to this thread topic of Top 25 polls, as it had to do with who (at the time) was more deserving of the #1 ranking in the top 25 poll: South Carolina or NC State. YOUR debate that you're proud of that has lasted for more than a MONTH has ZERO to do with the thread topic. I'm not the one that derailed this thread...

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/11/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
I haven't compared ANYONE to being racist in this thread. Perhaps I really must review my position on all of this. Maybe your comments are NOT based on being an asshole, and is more based on stupidity, the way you're interpreting the written word. But for the record just so you don't come back with this, I ALSO didn't compare ANYONE to being a culture canceller either.

It's about people doing things to others, when in fact THEY are the ones doing things similar that they accuse others of doing, then they play the victim act to deflect from what they are doing. It's pure hypocrisy.

And once again, February 4th around 5:30 PM and February 5th around 9:00 am is NOT what most people would call 3 days after. I didn't say anything about my initial post - I said about my series of posts in discussion with others regarding the debate of who should be #1 in the polls - South Carolina ("USC") or NC State. YOU literally posted mere HOURS after my final post on that subject, in which I also used the "USC" reference. Yes, days consists of hours, but in this case, we're talking about 16 hours or so not several days.

My "rush" to my conclusions comes over an entire MONTH later, but the debate YOU started is still ongoing.

MY debate with others were directly relevant to this thread topic of Top 25 polls, as it had to do with who (at the time) was more deserving of the #1 ranking in the top 25 poll: South Carolina or NC State. YOUR debate that you're proud of that has lasted for more than a MONTH has ZERO to do with the thread topic. I'm not the one that derailed this thread...

Oh geez, still digging your hole I see. Well, your first comment re: the #1 spot was on February 2nd at 8:43 pm, with your first use of "USC" on February 3rd at 12:46 am. So forgive me, let's go with 2 days, 8 hours and 14 minutes so not really "mere hours" but whatever. See, I can be petty as well.

And when you liken my question to the actions of racists, in a way you are comparing me to a racist. I mean, in reading your comments I don't think it's a huge leap to go from being an asshole to a racist. Course, now it looks like you're calling me stupid. Man, it must be nice to be at your level. Many of us on here can only dream of being that self-important.

I'm really sorry that a lighthearted question got your panties in a wad and led you to the pain and anguish that is coming through in your posts. Again, I really hope you are able to enjoy the upcoming basketball games and that your Gamecocks win the National Championship.

Can I add that I find it funny that you are referring to my interpretation of the written word. You went on a multi-paragraph diatribe, mentioning me in particular, when I asked a very simple, light-hearted question. You interpreted it extremely negatively, becoming kind of hostile and then proceeded to write a response that made zero sense. Talk about out there interpretations and jumping to crazy conclusions.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/11/21 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Exactly. We could really do without that. Thank you, myrtle.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
....and then purduefanatic comes rushing in to say:
Quote:

Now, one can ONLY intellectually conclude that what purduefanatic's intent here was, was to be an asshole.

That'd only call into question "one's" intellect. Rolling Eyes Purduefanatic is one of the LEAST *assholey* people here. Laughing Laughing

myrtle wrote:

X _____________ Myrtle is right. (again!) Razz

PostPosted: 03/11/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clearly there is some bitterness in the South Carolina fanbase over the more widespread coliquial de-coupling with USC over the years due to the existance of Southern California. Sure. But to claim that everyone who uses in initial to differentiate one over the other is an asshole is an EXTREMELY broad generalization. As a Washingtonian, USC has always been USC. That's how they brand. South Carolina brands as South Carolina. By gamecock's logic, I'm a dick because I call the two schools by what they market themselves as? What?

PostPosted: 03/12/21 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Having lived in both North and South Carolina, I had to navigate around the Carolina and USC situation and you are right when it comes to being all about context. Legal reasons is the main reason that South Carolina is branded as South Carolina but that doesn't stop people from referring to South Carolina as USC. (Sarcasm) Maybe the in state colleges in South Carolina that uses USC in from their name should stop using it because it's weird to see the University of South California's initials in front another school (sarcasm).

pilight

PostPosted: 03/15/21 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-womens-college-basketball-poll?week=17

UConn still #1

Baylor up to #5

Gonzaga up to #14

Michigan down to #16

Same 25 teams as last week

PostPosted: 03/15/21 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting very tired of the AP poll this season. I don't really have a problem with the top 15 or so, but after that there are so many inconsistencies.

B1G:
Michigan's and Rutgers's only ranked win all season has been over an Ohio State team that had lost its starting PG due to injury. (They also each beat Northwestern once who has dropped down to RV.) In the last month, Iowa dominated Rutgers and Michigan, has only lost to Indiana and Maryland, and advanced to the B1G tournament finals and still can't even crack the top 25.

Pac-12:
Oregon hasn't beaten a ranked team all season and lost its last two games to Oregon State, yet Oregon remains ranked while Oregon State is not. Honestly all Oregon has going for them is they made a lot of three pointers early in the season and they only lost to Stanford by 2 in February.

Mid-major teams:
Not even going to comment here... Rolling Eyes

Let's just hope teams I just passed implicit judgement on don't prove me wrong in the NCAAs. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: