RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

President - 2020 Election
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who WILL Win Race for President
Biden
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Trump
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/04/20 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Trumps remarks sometime he just can't get out of his own way, he is ahead in all of the remaining swing states could have just said "we are way ahead and we are going to win, wow would it be weird if we lost all of these huge leads" sort of setting up his talking points but instead he just jumped the shark said he won, the left is going to try and steal it now, and he wants all the counts to stop (technically he said all voting stopped but he meant counting because well at 215 am all voting had stopped so he meant all coating except in Arizona where he might catch up) and he'll take it to the Supreme Court. So instead of casting suspicion on the other side he now looks like the one trying to steal it, when he might just win it anyway. Welcome to the next few crazy days.

You know what he said is crazy when even the Fox News people were like "yeah he hasn't won yet, no one has called those states for him yet, he shouldn't declare victory and there are more votes to count." They actually seemed disappointed because it was looking like he was going to win anyway.

Speaking of Tricky Dick, that was a darkly Nixonian performance. Another low point. But like you, I was wondering (briefly) why? I don’t care about declaring victory before all the votes are counted. I can’t really cite precedents other than Mayor Pete but it seems like that’s not really unheard of. But the profound negativity. Aggrieved. Go to bed. The big day is over and you’re still ahead. And then I got it but was too sleepy to post it here. Trump already knew that given where those uncounted votes were that his lead was not going to hold up. They might have known this prior to Election Day because he was talking about losing a lot the last few days.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on MI, NV and WI!!!!!!!!!!!

As Biden says, our nation's soul is depending on you to deliver him to 270!!!!!!

PLEASE!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It won’t happen, but public polling needs to stop. It is frankly destructive at this point.

This race should not be this close no matter how you slice it. Showing Biden so far ahead up to the end surely made some Biden voters overconfident and possibly some Trump voters demoralized. The result in either case is the loss of some votes due to bad polls.

This shouldn’t have been this close, and now it’s a mess. And it’s because pollsters and media were determined to prematurely declare victory over Trump for months and months and months.

#NATC

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be sleeping easier if Maine had all 4/4 in the bag, but still hopeful of waking up to good news.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think most of the mess is due to COVID and how that forced states that hadn't voted by mail or early, etc. to suddenly ramp up those capabilities in under a year. These are some old OLD school local election systems and state bureaucracies.

I just don't know why we can't have online instant voting elections. Run by the government and a handful of major corporations and academics to oversee it all. And then, do this for everyone's peace of mind: Have the ability to see your vote, every vote, the ability to tally them ourselves etc. All right there in the open.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one county in Nebraska will be the difference maker for Biden in this election.

270-268 unless things change in GA (in Biden's favor).

GOP holds the Senate majority.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's an outline of the length of time states have to count and certify their votes, plus the electoral college process. This election could drag along for a while.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/04/politics/how-long-states-have-to-count-votes/index.html

Howee

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
The US has more shitty people than I realized.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeah, "Land of the Ignorant, Home of The Dupable".

As a white male, I have never felt part of a minority, until today. "We" are surrounded by the stupid. Laughing

PostPosted: 11/04/20 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When the dust settles, 270-268 and all eyes will be on the runoff election in GA.
Looking at the hard reporting numbers by precinct, it's already a done deal regardless of timelines.

Runoff election coverage in GA will be beaten into our collective heads now.

Gotta hand it to the Biden campaign, they got out the vote exactly where they had to... Wayne County, Milwaukee and Maricopa.

Arizona wasn't really a surprise because they were loyal to McCain.
As for Trump's biggest mistake, I always thought backing the blue was really stupid. Let's just ignore police corruption, right? Ended up killing him right there in those counties. That and his social media account.

Nebraskans will be kicking themselves in the asses for a while, too. Although negated by Maine's single vote, they will reflect on their decision to not throw all of their electoral votes to the state's popular vote.

Last edited by Stonington_QB on 11/04/20 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/04/20 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe stop telling people they’re shitty.

As if.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is looking like 270 to 268 for Biden

unless Georgia or Penn ends up flipping with the last few percentage of outstanding votes or Nevada flips the other way (It probably wouldn't hurt if Biden could up that electoral college vote a little).

and we probably have a week or two of recounts to sit through

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/04/20 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kanye West has conceded.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:

Since this country was built with the blood of Natives and Black peoples genocide, really a Holocaust, it’s been a highly violent and disgustingly racist country. Only until we put an end to white supremacy and patriarchy will it improve, and for that to happen white men must be slowly pushed outta power. The system was built for land owning white men. So why anyone is surprised that the roaches came out of hiding when trump took power is beyond my comprehension. The deaths of Black men, and women, the missing and murdered Indigenous women all victims of this system. Not all white people are this way, but y’all highly benefit from it. Hell so many trumpsters are poor, but they’d rather be able to be racist then vote against the right to hate. Even when it means voting against their own interests. I don’t care of this post gets me banned. It’s the truth, and anyone with half a brain knows it.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

As a white male, I have never felt part of a minority, until today. "We" are surrounded by the stupid. Laughing

I believe it was H.L. Mencken who once said: "Nobody ever went bankrupt by underestimating the taste and the intelligence of the American public." Sad

PostPosted: 11/04/20 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With 99% of the expected vote in, ABC projects Wisconsin going to Biden by about 20,000 votes.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 11/04/20 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden's weak ground game is really costing the Dems in the House and Senate.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Since this country was built with the blood of Natives and Black peoples genocide, really a Holocaust, it’s been a highly violent and disgustingly racist country. Only until we put an end to white supremacy and patriarchy will it improve, and for that to happen white men must be slowly pushed outta power. The system was built for land owning white men. So why anyone is surprised that the roaches came out of hiding when trump took power is beyond my comprehension. The deaths of Black men, and women, the missing and murdered Indigenous women all victims of this system. Not all white people are this way, but y’all highly benefit from it. Hell so many trumpsters are poor, but they’d rather be able to be racist then vote against the right to hate. Even when it means voting against their own interests. I don’t care of this post gets me banned. It’s the truth, and anyone with half a brain knows it.

Hopefully white people aren't the only racists, otherwise we would have a case where a racist statement is valid. I don't think Trump has said anything overtly racist (Lower Elbonians are...) only things which get labeled racist , has not had any policies called racist with regard to Americans, and has not called for an end or slowing of immigration (which would be labeled as racist even though infinite immigration is contra-indicated for a number of reasons) and hasn't even enforced immigration law at the workplace like all USA presidents( which would have been labeled racist even though the law which would have been enforced is not considered racist). The Democrats have said Republicans are racist and Democrats are not for years as a way of protecting against non-white defections and they found an individual they felt they could constantly call racist. But I think racism is like lying, common to everyone to some degree. Despite frequent and emphatic charges about an individual by a large number of people it shouldn't be assumed that those voting for him hold that opinion.

There has not been any study (and it has been studied) that shows that black men are more likely to be shot by police when they resist arrest than white or hispanic men. People look at police shootings (more white men are killed by the police than black) and compare to
population percentages and determine that black men are more likely to be shot. But the police don't shoot at just anybody. They shoot people resisting arrest.

Last edited by tfan on 11/04/20 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/04/20 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AZ with only 86% of votes counted. Not the 98% reported.

Hope that Biden can hang on.

Just saw breaking news that some are calling MI for Biden now.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 11/04/20 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last night Arizona was called for Biden by the stats guy on Fox News and after that all Biden needed was 2 of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia. The Fox News guy is still standing by his call of Arizona. So I would say Biden has it. But there will be recounts and court challenges to wait out.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/04/20 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just looked at the popular vote. Biden is up by 3 million. I had flashbacks! 😨

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/04/20 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden looks like he is going to hold Arizona

Nevada is the interesting one only about 7900 difference with 14 percent to be counted.

If Biden holds Nevada and Arizona 270 to 268 he wins

Penn and Georgia could still flip which would make it a lot harder to over turn the results through law suits as multiple states would have to be flipped

scary scenario for Biden many ofl the mail in votes in Nevada could be from the military and Trump ends up winning Nevada

Then Biden still has to win one of Georgia, Penn or NC. NC seem out of reach but supposedly the remaining uncounted votes in Georgia and Penn are from Biden heavy areas. He could win one, or lose all three.

supposedly we will know about Arizona tonight and Nevada between late tonight and noon tomorrow. If Biden keeps his lead in both it is technically over.

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/04/20 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outside of something crazy happening in Arizona, Biden has this wrapped up.

Georgia continues to look promising for Biden, and if I had to choose I'd rather be in Biden's position than Trump's in Pennsylvania.

But all this misses just how undemocratic our outmoded system of government has become. Biden is on pace to win the popular vote by about SEVEN MILLION votes. Or almost 5%. In any other presidential democracy, this election would have been over the moment it started. Yet here we are, still looking at it as a nail-biter. How fucked up is that?

The Republican party has won 1 popular vote since they won it in 1988. And due to the small state bias of the Senate, they have maintained a majority in that chamber while representing only 40% of the population of the country. Add in gerrymandered districts in the house and somehow this party that represents a solid minority of the country has managed to dominate all three branches of our government.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden favored in Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania and Georgia at this point. Who knows if he wins all four, but if he does the EC margin will be 306-232. If that looks familiar it is because it is the exact numbers Trump won by four years ago.

Crazy.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/04/20 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hillary Clinton knows Trump’s modus operandi.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://youtube.com/embed/oZf7IASx2mE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/05/20 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Not just white males apparently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: