Connecticut Sun 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/25/21 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
I’m so out of the loop. Last I knew, A Thomas, and J. Thomas were together and Bonner was married to Dupree. Next you’re going to tell me GloJo and Brittany Griner are no longer an item. Laughing

We've got a player dating their teammate, who used to be dating their other teammate, who's currently dating their other, OTHER teammate, who used to be married to her ex-teammate...

The salacious part of my lizard brain, that hates reality TV, but still wants to get its daily fix of ratchetness, wishes that this happened in other sports leagues, too.

And to add another loop to the ouroboros, apparently Hiedeman and Courtney Williams were an item for a while, which just seems like it would be extremely energetic.

Either all this is why Connecticut has great chemistry or we're gonna see the world's most epic explosion.

Courtney addressed that on her youtube Vlog that she does crazily and stated that was not true at all LOL Laughing

PostPosted: 05/25/21 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Either all this is why Connecticut has great chemistry or we're gonna see the world's most epic explosion.

If anybody gets caught backsliding, we're going to have a full-on battle royale.

No good comes when you shit where you eat.

yeah, I thought that too. But it's kind of inevitable in a situation where you have such strong common interests, and you're thrown together continuously, including spending half your time on the road. You either love 'em or hate 'em.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/25/21 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Queenie wrote:

If anybody gets caught backsliding, we're going to have a full-on battle royale.

No good comes when you shit where you eat.

yeah, I thought that too. But it's kind of inevitable in a situation where you have such strong common interests, and you're thrown together continuously, including spending half your time on the road. You either love 'em or hate 'em.

Emphasis on the "love 'em" Wink

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/25/21 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even as someone who really pays no attention to the instagram/twitter/gossip lives of the players, from stuff I just hear occasionally it's amazing how many trades or free agent moves are affected by current or former relationships.

It's frankly insane there hasn't been a WNBA-centered reality TV show yet.

PostPosted: 05/25/21 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

yep. that's what I thought back at the beginning of this 'conversation'...and the funny thing is, I've never even watched a reality TV show so don't even know how they work.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/26/21 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

yep. that's what I thought back at the beginning of this 'conversation'...and the funny thing is, I've never even watched a reality TV show so don't even know how they work.

How lifestyle reality shows (Real Housewives of Wherever, Love and Hip-Hop Des Moines, Jersey Shore off Season, etc) work.

Producers look for a group of mentally deranged, narcissistic, ego maniacs and put them in high pressure situations that will result in the most conflict. Then mic and light them to get them to re-enact that conflict while being filmed often while given talking points to hit as well as awesome hair and make up.

For instance Person A is going out with Person B, Person C flirts with Person B, Person A confronts Person C at a party throws drink in Person C's face. Later Person B decides to break up with person A because they are so much drama. Person D consoles Person A at a brunch which is a baby shower for person E, Then a week later Person B is going out with person C. Person E who just had person J's baby tells person A, that Person B had been hooking up with Person B even when Person A and Person B were together and that Person D knew but had promised Person C that they wouldn't tell Person A because they uses to be good friends in college. Then for some reason they all end up at a fashion show, maybe Person C has started an underwear line even though they have never had any experience in fashion. Parson A shows up but instead of confronting Person B or C Person A attacks Person D for not telling her that Person C was hooking up with Person B. Person A knocks over a display of Person C's underwear line, and Person D throws a shoe at Person A for questioning their friendship and Reminds Person A that before she was seen Person B she was with Person Z who used to be Person D's husband. Later person A and Person D meet for drinks in a lounge owned by Person J that suspiciously has no one else in it and after slapping each other they both start to cry and hug and then make out a little. Person D then convinces Person A to confront Person B and C at a sexy photo shoot for Person C's underwear line. And Person D says the only reason Person E threw her under the bus for not telling person A that Person C has been hooking up with Person B while Person A and B were still together is because Person E's new baby is actually Person B's baby and she person B not only cheated on person A with person C but got Person E pregnant that week that Person A was away at the retreat (rehab or recovering from plastic surgery). Person A and D go to the fashion shoot where Person B is taking sexy lingerie photos with person C in the same building as the lounge owned by Person J. Person D slashes person E's tires in the parking lot,Person E's baby starts a new fashion line of sexy infant ware, Person A and Person C get into a huge fight while wearing lingerie, Person C get's rushed to the hospital after having a panic attack after person C slaps her and forces a handful of Xanax down her throat, Person A flips a bunch of tables and decides to start a line of recyclable fashion weaves that are good for the enviorment, Person B who was going to ask Person C to marry him during the photo shoot decides to Marry Person A instead, Person A accepts and tells Person D she is just jealous when Person D is like what the fuck, Person A then records a pop song ?Marry me in panties, divorce me in Versace" at Person Z's basement music studio, Person J decides to sue everyone for ruining the lounge that no one comes to and they all have mimosas at brunch and take a group trip to the Cayman Islands.

That is how reality tv works.

I guess it could work for the W

Coming this Summer to Bravo "Hot Like the Sun"

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/26/21 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

How lifestyle reality shows (Real Housewives of Wherever, Love and Hip-Hop Des Moines, Jersey Shore off Season, etc) work.

hold up, there is a reality show about Des Moines, Iowa???

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/26/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked Wow! j-spoon. I can't believe you wrote that whole thing up! I got exhausted and gave up reading halfway thru...but did read the last line in case there was a kicker. So essentially it's the same thing as the old daytime soaps (do they still exist) but with a new name? And people apparently actually watch that crap.

My tv watching consists of:
1) 90% women's basketball
2) sometimes the local news/weather
3) sometimes something on PBS
4) sometimes some other sports

yeah, I'm pretty boring.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/26/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
... Person E who just had person J's baby tells person A, that Person B had been hooking up with Person B even when Person A and Person B were together and that Person D knew but had promised Person C that they wouldn't tell Person A because they uses to be good friends in college....

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/21 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
... Person E who just had person J's baby tells person A, that Person B had been hooking up with Person B even when Person A and Person B were together and that Person D knew but had promised Person C that they wouldn't tell Person A because they uses to be good friends in college....

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 05/26/21 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Who was it that said, "Know thyself?" Twisted Evil Razz Cool

pilight

PostPosted: 05/26/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all

PostPosted: 05/26/21 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

Goodbye Laughing Laughing Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/26/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/28/21 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Today the Sun announced that they have waived Walker-Kimbrough and activated Briann January.

Last edited by RI_Sun_Fan on 05/28/21 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/28/21 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

Just ask Liz Cambage.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/28/21 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel my brain cells dying faster just channel surfing past those "reality" shows. Think you've got the flow down pat, though! Laughing

But J-Spoon...how do you know so much about them? Twisted Evil

The W did have a participant on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta with everyone's favorite Razz , TYoung. I see that she and her longtime girlfriend recently called off their engagement.

Seems the intensity of team dynamics would make it hard to sustain a relationship with both parties on the same team. Sometimes it works (VanderQuig), but relationships are hard under any circumstances...

The Sun team needs whatever works to keep their current momentum going!

PostPosted: 05/28/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#SelfLove #JerkitCircus

Just ask Liz Cambage.

Completely no-sold the joke. You hate to see it.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 05/30/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon

JJ --- SSSS PPPPP OOOOOO OOOOOOO NNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!

J-Spoon wrote:

Producers look for a group of mentally deranged, narcissistic, ego maniacs and put them in high pressure situations that will result in the most conflict. Then mic and light them to get them to re-enact that conflict while being filmed often while given talking points to hit as well as awesome hair and make up.

For instance Person A is going out with Person B, Person C flirts with Person B, Person A confronts Person C at a party throws drink in Person C's face. Later Person B decides to break up with person A because they are so much drama. Person D consoles Person A at a brunch which is a baby shower for person E, Then a week later Person B is going out with person C. Person E who just had person J's baby tells person A, that Person B had been hooking up with Person B even when Person A and Person B were together and that Person D knew but had promised Person C that they wouldn't tell Person A because they uses to be good friends in college. Then for some reason they all end up at a fashion show, maybe Person C has started an underwear line even though they have never had any experience in fashion. Parson A shows up but instead of confronting Person B or C Person A attacks Person D for not telling her that Person C was hooking up with Person B. Person A knocks over a display of Person C's underwear line, and Person D throws a shoe at Person A for questioning their friendship and Reminds Person A that before she was seen Person B she was with Person Z who used to be Person D's husband. Later person A and Person D meet for drinks in a lounge owned by Person J that suspiciously has no one else in it and after slapping each other they both start to cry and hug and then make out a little. Person D then convinces Person A to confront Person B and C at a sexy photo shoot for Person C's underwear line. And Person D says the only reason Person E threw her under the bus for not telling person A that Person C has been hooking up with Person B while Person A and B were still together is because Person E's new baby is actually Person B's baby and she person B not only cheated on person A with person C but got Person E pregnant that week that Person A was away at the retreat (rehab or recovering from plastic surgery). Person A and D go to the fashion shoot where Person B is taking sexy lingerie photos with person C in the same building as the lounge owned by Person J. Person D slashes person E's tires in the parking lot,Person E's baby starts a new fashion line of sexy infant ware, Person A and Person C get into a huge fight while wearing lingerie, Person C get's rushed to the hospital after having a panic attack after person C slaps her and forces a handful of Xanax down her throat, Person A flips a bunch of tables and decides to start a line of recyclable fashion weaves that are good for the enviorment, Person B who was going to ask Person C to marry him during the photo shoot decides to Marry Person A instead, Person A accepts and tells Person D she is just jealous when Person D is like what the fuck, Person A then records a pop song ?Marry me in panties, divorce me in Versace" at Person Z's basement music studio, Person J decides to sue everyone for ruining the lounge that no one comes to and they all have mimosas at brunch and take a group trip to the Cayman Islands.

That is how reality tv works.

Coming this Summer to Bravo "Hot Like the Sun"

Shades

PostPosted: 06/08/21 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut Sun signed Emma Cannon - Hardship

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/15/21 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sun.wnba.com/news/poole-to-serve-as-head-coach-in-millers-absence/

Quote:
Connecticut Sun Head Coach Curt Miller is currently away from the team. He has traveled home to Pennsylvania to be with his family and tend to a medical situation with a family member.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/17/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JJones BIH with the upset over Meesseman’s Belgium. Guessing this makes it more likely that JJones misses more than 4 games.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g2NGBm6ibEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the highlights, JJones looks more of a PG.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/18/21 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
JJones BIH with the upset over Meesseman’s Belgium. Guessing this makes it more likely that JJones misses more than 4 games.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g2NGBm6ibEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the highlights, JJones looks more of a PG.

JJ played a great first half but then vanished for the most part in the 2nd. Bosnia was carried to victorie by Babic who couldnt miss from the outside. It was 30+ degrees in that stadium and everyone was affected by it. Belgium really had problems with their post rotation. They all got in foul trouble and they really missed Raman as their first post of the bench. She broke her hand in the train on the way Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
willtalk

PostPosted: 06/18/21 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Today the Sun announced that they have waived Walker-Kimbrough and activated Briann January.
Now that I finally got her initials down they go and wave her. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/18/21 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
JJ played a great first half but then vanished for the most part in the 2nd.

Rebounding wins championships.

Michelle89 wrote:
It was 30+ degrees in that stadium and everyone was affected by it.

That’s 86°F for Americans. What was going on with the AC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: