Johnson (project gone)
McCall (project gone)
Alexander (project gone)

RFA
Fagbenle
Zandalasini

Payout?
Christmas $106,000

A lot of choices. A lot of cap space for upgrades.

Wouldn’t mind moving on from Fagbenle in favor of Breonna Jones (CON shouldn’t be able to afford her) or maybe Hines-Allen.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/27/20 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/27/20 4:12 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2021 Reply Reply with quote

*Herbert Harrigan
*Brionna Jones

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/27/20 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/27/20 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#9 pick next year would be on 64,375 in her first year, and Brown would be adjusted up to 70,040 with three years of service.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m curious to see if Maya returns. My personal opinion is her basketball career is over. But it’ll be interesting to see it play out.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/27/20 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems simple - get Moore to come back in shape and ready to play and pick up a top tier FA and squeeze it all into the cap. Maybe create cap space by trading x-mas+9 or HH or Shepherd to a team with loads of cap space.

Last edited by Randy on 09/27/20 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/27/20 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like Maya has been gone too long and likely wouldn't be a very effective addition to this team. At best she'd be a sparkplug in do or die moments. At worst, a focus on her would drag the team down.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/27/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I feel like Maya has been gone too long and likely wouldn't be a very effective addition to this team. At best she'd be a sparkplug in do or die moments. At worst, a focus on her would drag the team down.

Then trade rights to Moore for Hayes. Get some depth for a player who may not ever play again.

miller40

PostPosted: 09/27/20 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Then trade rights to Moore for Hayes. Get some depth for a player who may not ever play again.

Why would Atlanta make that move for a player who hasn’t played in two years?

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/27/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Seems simple - get Moore to come back in shape and ready to play and pick up a top tier FA and squeeze it all into the cap. Maybe create cap space by trading x-mas+9 or HH or Shepherd to a team with loads of cap space.

They are not trading Shepard's or HH...you have lost your mind

PostPosted: 09/27/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

You can't trade someone you've already cut (even if you still owe them money).

PostPosted: 09/27/20 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe create cap space by trading x-mas+9

Umm, there’s tons of cap space. Not making use of my efforts?

Christmas was waived. That’s why I put her under “Payout?” The ? mark for whether or not 2021 was actually guaranteed.

Randy wrote:
HH or Shepherd to a team with loads of cap space.

I like Shepard if she comes back strong from her injury. I think Reeve gives her a shot because that’s the player the Lynx ended up with in the Howard trade.

I’m not too impressed with MHH and I’m not sure Reeve is either. Rookies under Reeve don’t have a good record for sticking around unless they make an immediate splash. Reeve thought she was getting a Plenette Pierson type of player with her but instead they got a thrift store in the bad part of town version of Collier, which they don’t need, especially if Maya is coming back.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/27/20 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

You can't trade someone you've already cut (even if you still owe them money).

I'd forgotten about that.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/29/20 3:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NNOwZPVl8j0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/29/20 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

based on your previous seasons comments why not try to
sign Zahui B (out bid NY) and draft Slocum at #9
Not the most exciting changes but I actually think these incremental moves could really help the Lynx
(atm assuming Moore will not return obviously if she does return that changes the plan for the better)

Dangerfield/Brown
Sims/Banham/#9 Slocum (could move up in the depth chart quickly at 1 or 2)
Collier/Carelton
Dantas/Shepard/MHH
Fowles/Zahui B (can be first sub at both 4 and 5 for 20+ minutes)

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/29/20 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I like Shepard if she comes back strong from her injury. I think Reeve gives her a shot because that’s the player the Lynx ended up with in the Howard trade.

Shepard looked promising until her injury and her and Collier had chemistry.
Reeve seems to like players who played for UConn, Notre Dame, or maybe now South Carolina. That's why I want to know if WBB is actually a giant conspiracy since all these coaches have Philadelphia connections.
Even if technically Shepard is all the Lynx have to show for the greatest winner in WNBA history (aka the GOAT), Howard, the Lynx actually have Collier to show for that trade because the Lynx would've finished at least 3rd place in 2018 with Howard instead of 7th place, so with the #10 pick in the 2019 Draft, Collier would be gone, so the Reeve probabaly would've drafted Shepard and the Lynx end up with her regardless (especially if Brunson still got injured. If not, Reeve probably loves Shepard enough to draft her anyways. If not, she trades that the pick for Lexie Brown).

Quote:
I’m not too impressed with MHH and I’m not sure Reeve is either. Rookies under Reeve don’t have a good record for sticking around unless they make an immediate splash. Reeve thought she was getting a Plenette Pierson type of player with her but instead they got a thrift store in the bad part of town version of Collier, which they don’t need, especially if Maya is coming back.

I figured she's supposed to be a project. Going back to the 2015 Draft it took a few years for Dearica Hamby and Cheyenne Parker to look much better than just replacement-level players. Reeve can't make Dawn Staley look bad by MHH being a bust, unless Staley is one of those coaches who wants to brag about how many top draft picks has had without any context. Smile

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/30/20 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the good things of the season (leading into next season) is the dangerfield pick, collier's growth, carleton & dantas' play... i think banham showed good things, brown was good (she made a post that she never recovered from initial concussion symptoms, which had to have led to decline in play during the season).

i think disappointments were alexander, johnson and the injuries.

i hope for alexander and johnson to be gone. other than fowles we realistically have a pretty young core - i kinda think we need another good/consistent shooter and a solid 4/5 backup.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/30/20 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing that the Lynx need is for Moore to come back next year.

PostPosted: 09/30/20 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not that it seems likely at all, but if moore comes back, what do they do - play her at the 2? or go small with dantas collier and moore in the frontcourt?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/30/20 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i kinda think we need another good/consistent shooter and a solid 4/5 backup.

Old Maya coming back would solve two of those.

I hate to say this because Dantas is my current favorite player on the team and she’s definitely earned a starting spot and new money salary (already failed on the latter), but Maya coming back most likely means Dantas gets delegated to the first post off the bench for the Lynx. How would you start all 4 of the Lynx’s prominent forwards? Start Collier at SG? That’s not too outrageous since she’s got similarities to Bonner with a decent handle. Collier is frequently guarding at the three point line.

Dantas coming off the bench would help keep Fowles minutes ultra low, which Reeve always claims is what she wants. Would Fowles coming off the bench be too outrageous?

Dangerfield/Banham
Sims/Brown/Carleton
Moore/Zandalasini
Collier/Shepard/Herbert Harrigan
Fowles/Dantas

851,895 (assuming $70,040 for Carleton)
221,450 (Moore)
106,000 (Christmas buyout)
1,179,345 + cost of Zandalasini

I’d like to upgrade starting PG and have Dangerfield as a change of pace off the bench. Trade assets of Fagbenle, #9 pick or Brown or Zandalasini available to help get it done.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 10/02/20 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’d like to upgrade starting PG and have Dangerfield as a change of pace off the bench. Trade assets of Fagbenle, #9 pick or Brown or Zandalasini available to help get it done.

Reeve loves Sims and probably originally wanted her as the PG, which is why she replaced all her D-Rob posters with Sims posters and let her walk, even though the Aces' signing of D-Rob ended up being considered one the greatest moves in WNBA history and won the Aces' GM the Executive of the Year Award as D-Rob almost signle-handedly led the Aces to WNBA Finals, while the Lynx continued to be mediocre. So I'm not sure the Lynx want/need upgrade at PG.
Is there's any upgrade at backup center better than Alexander out there, or not? Then again, I have no idea if Reeve is allergic to good centers (apart from obvious future HOF'ers) like how the Vikings are allergic to good offensive linemen.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 10/06/20 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

Reeve loves Sims and probably originally wanted her as the PG, which is why she replaced all her D-Rob posters with Sims posters and let her walk, even though the Aces' signing of D-Rob ended up being considered one the greatest moves in WNBA history and won the Aces' GM the Executive of the Year Award as D-Rob almost signle-handedly led the Aces to WNBA Finals, while the Lynx continued to be mediocre. So I'm not sure the Lynx want/need upgrade at PG.
Is there's any upgrade at backup center better than Alexander out there, or not? Then again, I have no idea if Reeve is allergic to good centers (apart from obvious future HOF'ers) like how the Vikings are allergic to good offensive linemen.

You been smoking that good good huh....you need to lay off lol

PostPosted: 10/12/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrote about the Lynx cap situation et al here: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-reflections-and-2021-forecasts-e08

PostPosted: 10/12/20 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Wrote about the Lynx cap situation et al here: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-reflections-and-2021-forecasts-e08

Where did you get Christmas' $106,000 dollars buyout figure from?

PostPosted: 10/12/20 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Where did you get Christmas' $106,000 dollars buyout figure from?

Same as everything else - verified league sources. I suppose technically that's an inaccurate term because she wasn't actually bought out, they just waived her and therefore have to pay out her full contract. But in practice it's the same thing.

PostPosted: 10/12/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, send first pick

Dangerfield/Banham
Sims/Brown
Collier/
Dantas/Shepard/Herbert-Herrington
Fowles/

Re-sign Carleton

Find a Center/Post to Back-up learn/under Fowles for another year or 2.
Brionna Jones
Amanda Zahui B
Tianna Hawkins

Draft and sign another Guard:
Evina Westbrook
Erica Wheeler

2021 Roster:
Dangerfield/Wheeler
Sims/Westbrook/Brown
Collier/Carleton
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Zahui B