Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/29/21 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Sandy has needed to go for years.

It’s hard to do it though. Because she makes the playoffs, but the Mercury have consistently underperformed and a lot of the issues are coaching.

Every fan makes this statement about a coach that is not performing up to their standards. But the reality is there is not a long list of qualified candidates to replace these underperforming coaches. Even in the college game there is less than a handful of elite coaches. Geno, Mulkey, are only a few that are getting paid those ultra high salaries.

PostPosted: 05/29/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

It’s hard to do it though. Because she makes the playoffs, but the Mercury have consistently underperformed and a lot of the issues are coaching.

Every fan makes this statement about a coach that is not performing up to their standards. But the reality is there is not a long list of qualified candidates to replace these underperforming coaches. Even in the college game there is less than a handful of elite coaches. Geno, Mulkey, are only a few that are getting paid those ultra high salaries.

Not that i want him gone from the Storm but i think Gary Kloppenburg could bring a better defensive system to the Mercury and get more out of players defensively like Diggins and Nurse

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/29/21 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Not that i want him gone from the Storm but i think Gary Kloppenburg could bring a better defensive system to the Mercury and get more out of players defensively like Diggins and Nurse

Gary was a WNBA head coach and fans wanted him fired when he did not produce positive results.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 5:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Gary was a WNBA head coach and fans wanted him fired when he did not produce positive results.

He was a headcoach last season and produced a pretty good result

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/30/21 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

He was a headcoach last season and produced a pretty good result

He was a puppet coach last season. Hughes didn't get fired.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

True..but we got rid of Corey Gaines after a half a season of mediocrity, and he had a lot less talent on his team then Sandy has had...and this has been an issue for years.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

True..but we got rid of Corey Gaines after a half a season of mediocrity, and he had a lot less talent on his team then Sandy has had...and this has been an issue for years.

A half season of mediocrity that followed a 7-27 season and three losing seasons in five years. If Brondello ever had a seven win season she'd never get another half-season.

PostPosted: 06/04/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MERCURY’S JUNE 9 HOME GAME RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 8

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercurys-june-9-home-game-rescheduled-for-june-8/

PostPosted: 06/04/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

A half season of mediocrity that followed a 7-27 season and three losing seasons in five years. If Brondello ever had a seven win season she'd never get another half-season.

That 7-27 season was on purpose. 😆

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Received an email today stating the Mercury are going to full capacity in attendance on the June 26th game. They need to time to rearrange the season ticket holders they moved. Changing from a mandatory 30 feet from team to 15 feet.

I am sure masks, etc will still be required and they will try to accommodate those who still want social distance seating.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/16/21 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Schedule change

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-moves-june-26-home-game-to-june-27/

Quote:
The three-time WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury’s today announced that it has proactively moved its next home game, originally scheduled for Saturday, June 26 against Los Angeles, to Sunday, June 27.

PostPosted: 06/21/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diana expected to return against Sparks. Maybe.

https://es.pn/3wZ6i7z

SCook

PostPosted: 06/21/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

She's expected back on Sunday per Sandy. I guess it comes down to the medical staff clearing her. I believe she'll play, Maybe limited minutes. She was back in practice.

PostPosted: 06/25/21 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 23, 2021
Phoenix Mercury: Haley Gorecki – Hardship Release

Somebody must be back.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SCook

PostPosted: 06/25/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
June 23, 2021
Phoenix Mercury: Haley Gorecki – Hardship Release

Somebody must be back.

I'm going to make a guess and say Diana. Bria has no official timeline.

PostPosted: 06/25/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Going to be a lot of viewers here on this board hoping and praying she looks washed.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 06/25/21 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi cleared to return Sunday vs. Los Angeles Sparks

https://es.pn/3jswRy3

pilight

PostPosted: 06/25/21 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Going to be a lot of viewers here on this board hoping and praying she looks washed.

I'm not hoping that any more than usual Wink

#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always been a fan of general cleanliness & hygiene

PostPosted: 06/25/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

you mean like spit on the floor?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/21 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Oh no. That's Dirty Diana. Yuck.

PostPosted: 06/25/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 06/26/21 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Which is exactly why she should be on Team USA. Team USA would not be complete without the Ugly American.....

pilight

PostPosted: 06/30/21 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury smash through sports betting’s glass ceiling, ink huge deal with Bally’s

https://deadspin.com/exclusive-phoenix-mercury-smash-through-sports-betting-1847198747

Quote:
a source familiar with the deal told Deadspin is worth $66 million over the next 15 years

PostPosted: 06/30/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Mercury smash through sports betting’s glass ceiling, ink huge deal with Bally’s

https://deadspin.com/exclusive-phoenix-mercury-smash-through-sports-betting-1847198747

Quote:
a source familiar with the deal told Deadspin is worth $66 million over the next 15 years

Not sure I understand what is going on. It seems that the Mercury needs to get a sports betting license, and Bally's can somehow use that to take bets in Arizona as the Mercury's "sports gaming partner". And for that right the Mercury gets 4.4 million a year from Bally's. 4.4 million a year must be more than the average team (if not all teams) makes from ticket sales.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: