LOL. NO.

Rock Hard wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
It starts with an 'R'

Recovery?

The other R word. Retirement.

Damn straight.

A player who is still averaging almost 16 pts per game needs to retire Rolling Eyes
Please be a bit respectful

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/21 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OKBjhmVXlpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DnnNtjBnEHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/26/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the vids Shades. Interesting quote from Sophie, they play better when they just go on instincts and not running plays. An indictment against Sandy Shocked Laughing

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/26/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm gonna go on record that I think Phoenix are going to play dramatically better in DTs absence. Obviously the Big 3 isn't working. Maybe taking her out of the equation will generate better chemistry between Skyler and Griner, something the team should be shifting towards anyway.

I still think DT is the best player on the team but I think reducing her role is needed for this team to grow forward. Her role really should be more similar to Bird's in Seattle.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
A player who is still averaging almost 16 pts per game needs to retire. Please be a bit respectful.

Not a lot of people know this (and I suspect pilight is completely oblivious Wink), but Taurasi is only 6 pts away from 9000 in her career. She’s only 32 assists away from 2000 in her career. Is she gonna retire just like that?

Let’s take it further and say she comes back and declares herself 100% for the Olympics. Only this time, instead of having a toothache the rest of the season, she plays and finishes the season with around 9200 pts. I think she’s gonna go for that 10,000 pt mark. It’s just too close. That milestone might even be too untouchable for Stewie to reach. If Taurasi stays healthy, it’ll take until sometime during the 2023 season to reach 10,000 pts. Then what happens? Then she’ll be tempted by and go for 2024 Olympics.

Tell me it won’t happen that way.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 05/26/21 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OFFICIAL: Phoenix Mercury Activate Kia Vaughn, Release Cierra Burdick.

PostPosted: 05/26/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other minor Merc roster news: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1397391742308167681?s=20

PostPosted: 05/26/21 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Gorecki has signed with the Phoenix Mercury on a hardship contract.

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1397672233141608453

PostPosted: 05/26/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s Odd..but DT almost always misses time in an Olympic year.

PostPosted: 05/26/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix needs to fire Sandy Brondello. I will say it all season.

PostPosted: 05/26/21 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did the Mercury lose with Cambage mailing in her defense on BG?
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/27/21 5:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they fire Sandy, who do they get? Amber Stocks? Pokey? Agler? One of their current assistants?

I don't think they will.

SCook

PostPosted: 05/27/21 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:

No play ran for BG the last minute of the game. Bad call by the refs. No coaching defensive adjustment.

PostPosted: 05/27/21 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
If they fire Sandy, who do they get? Amber Stocks? Pokey? Agler? One of their current assistants?

I don't think they will.

Agler would be a great choice!

PostPosted: 05/27/21 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

I don't think they will.

Eh. I just feel like the window is VERY short for PHX/Taurasi and changing a coach could slam that door shut. Granted, the door seems to be barely open with Sandy, but I feel like Sandy isn't going anywhere unless DT demands it.

They should probably do it now while she's out and have the Olympic break. This team is talented enough to make the playoffs and maybe a coaching change will have helped enough with that added time that they may be competitive in the playoffs.

shontay33

PostPosted: 05/27/21 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
SCook wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

I don't think they will.

Eh. I just feel like the window is VERY short for PHX/Taurasi and changing a coach could slam that door shut. Granted, the door seems to be barely open with Sandy, but I feel like Sandy isn't going anywhere unless DT demands it.

They should probably do it now while she's out and have the Olympic break. This team is talented enough to make the playoffs and maybe a coaching change will have helped enough with that added time that they may be competitive in the playoffs.

Doesnt matter who the coach is, historically, the Mercury always start off slow. Firing the coach who helped along with the GM to form this roster is not going to make things better. I could see if they decided to start over with a new coach becuase they were young like Dallas, but this is a veteran team which is built to win now. Putting a new coach and system in will do more harm that good.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/27/21 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
SCook wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

I don't think they will.

Doesnt matter who the coach is, historically, the Mercury always start off slow. Firing the coach who helped along with the GM to form this roster is not going to make things better. I could see if they decided to start over with a new coach becuase they were young like Dallas, but this is a veteran team which is built to win now. Putting a new coach and system in will do more harm that good.

I pretty much agree.

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/27/21 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
SCook wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

I don't think they will.

I pretty much agree.

Accept mediocrity. Sounds great!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/27/21 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's not what I'm saying. My just hesitant that a coaching change will be a met positive in the waning months of DTs career. Scared money. Lol

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/27/21 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
That's not what I'm saying. My just hesitant that a coaching change will be a met positive in the waning months of DTs career. Scared money. Lol

I do agree. As a Mercury fan first, I want to win. We need to go beyond the idea that players know EVERYTHING. I am not saying that I do by any means. My point is that we constantly get into a situation where the player knows best and when it comes to coaching and management, I don't always think that's true.

For example, when Griner said "no Sandy, no me" I would like to ask why. Why don't you believe that another coach could support you in the same way WHILE you win a championship.

Relationships are important but so is winning. Otherwise, why do we do this?

hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/28/21 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

No play ran for BG the last minute of the game. Bad call by the refs. No coaching defensive adjustment.

Sad
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/29/21 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some interesting contract stuff about Cunningham & Smith in this week's edition of WNBA Dissected

PostPosted: 05/29/21 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandy has needed to go for years.

It’s hard to do it though. Because she makes the playoffs, but the Mercury have consistently underperformed and a lot of the issues are coaching.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: