RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Jordan Lewis grad transferring from Alabama to Baylor (as had been rumored).

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31298484/baylor-women-basketball-adds-transfer-jordan-lewis-alabama

Quote:
Lewis is the fifth graduate transfer to sign with Baylor the past three years, following Chloe Jackson, Te'a Cooper, Erin DeGrate and DiJonai Carrington. Jackson, Cooper and Carrington were all WNBA draft picks after playing for the Lady Bears their final college seasons.

Is Baylor ever again going to recruit and develop a scoring guard? Moon Ursin may have been the last of her kind.

It is very, very strange. Especially since Kim was a PG herself. Sara Andrews was a top 10 recruit and I believe her development as a PG will be vital to the success of Baylor in the coming years. Baylor has a good senior class, but after that, the cupboard seems more bare than it's been in years in Waco.

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andrews had surgery and will be out for a few months so I am sure that played into the decision to add Lewis.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/21 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

according to Raoul, Makurat is not going to transfer and instead start a pro career in Europe.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/21/21 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
according to Raoul, Makurat is not going to transfer and instead start a pro career in Europe.

Which Makurat? Anoa or Ola or both?

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Jensen (5'9'' rising sophomore guard) to become the the first player to transfer out of Iowa since the inception of the transfer portal. Jensen is talented but Iowa currently has something of a log-jam at the off guard position. I hope she transfers somewhere that she can play more!

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2021/04/21/lauren-jensen-to-transfer/

This hawk fan feels sad though. Crying or Very sad I can't what it's like to be a fan of a school that constantly has transfers in and out. I enjoy watching players grow from year to year.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some more movement in the Big Ten:

Tamara Farquhar grad transferring from Purdue to Michigan State. Good defender and rebounder.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/4/20/w-basketball-msu-womens-basketball-adds-tamara-farquhar-to-2021-22-roster.aspx

Grad student Johnasia Cash entering the transfer portal out of Penn State after just transferring in last season from SMU. She was an impactful player for PSU last season which was their best season in recent years.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1384496260724531206

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Jensen in the transfer portal out of Iowa. Just completed a freshman season she’s from Minnesota.

AlAysia Styles grad transferring after one year at Maryland. Previously at Cal.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Lauren Jensen (5'9'' rising sophomore guard) to become the the first player to transfer out of Iowa since the inception of the transfer portal. Jensen is talented but Iowa currently has something of a log-jam at the off guard position. I hope she transfers somewhere that she can play more!

This hawk fan feels sad though. Crying or Very sad I can't what it's like to be a fan of a school that constantly has transfers in and out. I enjoy watching players grow from year to year.

Maybe she’ll transfer to Ames. 😈

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Which Makurat? Anoa or Ola or both?

Ana

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/21/21 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John’s will be adding a pair of Irish Danielles to their interior game. Danielle Patterson transferred to St Johns after spending her first year at South Bend and two years in Bloomington. She’s a 6’3 F. Danielle Cosgrove, a 6’4” F sat out post of this last season for personal reasons and elected not to return to the Irish instead transferring to the Red Storm.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/21/21 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Tamara Farquhar grad transferring from Purdue to Michigan State. Good defender and rebounder.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/4/20/w-basketball-msu-womens-basketball-adds-tamara-farquhar-to-2021-22-roster.aspx

Grad student Johnasia Cash entering the transfer portal out of Penn State after just transferring in last season from SMU. She was an impactful player for PSU last season which was their best season in recent years.

Another in-conference transfer is Jeanae Terry: Illinois-> Purdue.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/21/21 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Another in-conference transfer is Jeanae Terry: Illinois-> Purdue.

It's like musical chairs! Good pick up for Purdue.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/21/21 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Maybe she’ll transfer to Ames. 😈

Oh GAWD... I couldn't take it Laughing

In all seriousness though, with Donarski, Ryan, the younger Joens, and a hopefully healthy Espenmiller-McGraw, ISU seems pretty set with their guard rotation even with the loss of Feuerbach.

thardy929

PostPosted: 04/21/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexus Dye, the Sun Belt player of the year out of Troy, is grad transferring to Tennessee: https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Transfer-Alexus-Dye-commits-to-Lady-Vols-164490332/

She had 26 points and 11 rebounds in their close NCAA tourney loss to TAMU. Seems like a good pick-up with Davis and KK gone, and unknowns of how Keyen Green and Marta Suarez will do recovering from injuries.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/21/21 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
St. John’s will be adding a pair of Irish Danielles to their interior game. Danielle Patterson transferred to St Johns after spending her first year at South Bend and two years in Bloomington. She’s a 6’3 F. Danielle Cosgrove, a 6’4” F sat out post of this last season for personal reasons and elected not to return to the Irish instead transferring to the Red Storm.

omg, we're gonna have height *hyperventilates*

PostPosted: 04/22/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone wake me when the dust settles. Thank you in advance.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/22/21 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamilla Cardoso transferring out of Syracuse Shocked Shocked Shocked

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/22/21 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse Freshmen Center Kamilla Cardoso In the Portal now as well , that leaves coach Q with not 1 single player from his roster last season . Word is she's headed to Either UCONN or Auburn...stay tuned to this orange mess Sad

PostPosted: 04/22/21 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Syracuse Freshmen Center Kamilla Cardoso In the Portal now as well , that leaves coach Q with not 1 single player from his roster last season . Word is she's headed to Either UCONN or Auburn...stay tuned to this orange mess Sad

Did Priscilla Williams enter portal too? I haven’t read anything about her.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/22/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee just picked up Sun Belt conference Player of the Year Alexus Dye of Troy as a grad transfer. She's a 6'0 F who led the NCAA in double-doubles and total rebounds while leading Troy to the Sun Belt conference championship.
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2021/04/21/alexus-dye-tennessee-lady-vols-basketball-transfer-troy/7328013002/

PostPosted: 04/22/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

She should go to Auburn or Kentucky (a few of her high teammates are over there already). New coach (worked with good post players), new vibes, close to home.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/22/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Kamilla Cardoso . . . . Word is she's headed to Either UCONN or Auburn

Word? What word? "Antipodean" would describe the distance between UConn and Auburn.

If true for UConn, that's an amazing recruiting achievement for Morgan Valley in her first week on the job.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/22/21 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ariyah Copeland just transferred again! First from Alabama to LSU a few weeks back, and now to Arizona! If Mulkey is actually going to LSU, seems interesting to transfer out a day before it's supposedly going to be announced.

Also, Aaliyah Patty from OSU to Texas A&M.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/23/21 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Ariyah Copeland just transferred again! First from Alabama to LSU a few weeks back, and now to Arizona! If Mulkey is actually going to LSU, seems interesting to transfer out a day before it's supposedly going to be announced.

I doubt very highly that Mulkey will leave Baylor. I think any rumor mill of her leaving is established by her agent to incite salary increases. Mulkey has a history of enjoying watered down schedules, and being the Queen of the hill in the Big-12 WBB realm.

I highly doubt she will leave what she has established to join a highly competitive WBB conference where she will struggle to have that kind of attention again.....

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/23/21 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I doubt very highly that Mulkey will leave Baylor. I think any rumor mill of her leaving is established by her agent to incite salary increases. Mulkey has a history of enjoying watered down schedules, and being the Queen of the hill in the Big-12 WBB realm.

I highly doubt she will leave what she has established to join a highly competitive WBB conference where she will struggle to have that kind of attention again.....

I'm skeptical too. But maybe I'll be eating my words soon Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: