RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/29/20 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if this really beling here, but Dominique Darius has finished her High School course load, enrolled at UCLA a year, and is active on the Bruins' roster. After two players decided to forgo the season due to COVID, and another 2 are stuck in Australia, the addition of Darius gives them just 9 active players.

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/30/20 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I don't know if this really beling here, but Dominique Darius has finished her High School course load, enrolled at UCLA a year, and is active on the Bruins' roster. After two players decided to forgo the season due to COVID, and another 2 are stuck in Australia, the addition of Darius gives them just 9 active players.

Does she still qualify for another year of eligibility like everyone else? If so, this was a very smart decision by her.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/01/21 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nyah Green, 6’1 W is Transferring from Louisville to Duke. She’s currently a red shirt freshman.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/03/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but Andra Espinosa-Hunter ended up at Seton Hall, and played her first game with them this evening, finishing with 11 points.

taropatch

PostPosted: 01/19/21 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas Tech's Chrislyn Carr transferring to Baylor. Sits out this year I guess and prepares for next season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/21 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#14/25 (2021) Talia von Oelhoffen has graduated early and is joining OrSU's team to be able to play immediately, taking advantage of the NCAA rule of a free year to get an early start.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/25/21 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke will have three grad transfers out of their program

G Mikayla Boykin
W Jayda Adams
W Sara Anastasieska (Transferred to Duke from CAL And is finishing her masters degree)

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Qadashah Hoppie for St. John's is out for the rest of the season with shoulder surgery.

I wish her a full and swift recovery. And now I'm going to go drown my sorrows in some suspicious-tasting Diet Coke.

(now with spelling variations)
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/02/21 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Dodson headed to Notre Dame as a grad transfer for 21-22.

https://twitter.com/mydod_15?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1356641198136524802%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

https://twitter.com/mydod_15?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1356641198136524802%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Crying or Very sad but I wish her well. doesn't surprise me since we seem to run with full schollies so it's hard to bring back 5th year players. I think it would smarter for us to keep at least one slot open because things 'happen'. But as for Dodson, I more expected her to end up closer to home in the South. Some good team in the SeC that could certainly use her. Imagine her on Arky's team this year.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/02/21 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

William & Mary's Eva Hodgson has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer for next season. Someone needs to grab her quick...she's a good 'un, as we would say in east TN.

PostPosted: 02/02/21 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

That's the 3rd Stanford player in recent years who has headed to South Bend, Lili Thompson, Marta Sniezek and now Maya Dodson.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/02/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Crying or Very sad but I wish her well. doesn't surprise me since we seem to run with full schollies so it's hard to bring back 5th year players. I think it would smarter for us to keep at least one slot open because things 'happen'. But as for Dodson, I more expected her to end up closer to home in the South. Some good team in the SeC that could certainly use her. Imagine her on Arky's team this year.

Maya is an Engineering and Ethics major, and graduating early in March. Maybe she was really attracted to a grad program at Notre Dame. She doesn't seem likely to pursue a fart-around program somewhere just to play basketball.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Maya is an Engineering and Ethics major, and graduating early in March. Maybe she was really attracted to a grad program at Notre Dame. She doesn't seem likely to pursue a fart-around program somewhere just to play basketball.

yes, I assumed she was going for a specific grad program but Georgia Tech for instance has a much more highly rated engineering program than Notre Dame and I'm thinking she would contribute more there basketball-wise since ND's best player ITM is a young post. Anyway I hope she does well and is happy with her choice.

- Amanda Gorman
mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/07/21 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Recent news from B1G programs:

Today Indiana announced Jaelynn Penn has opted out of the rest of the season.

Announced a couple of days earlier, Karissa McLaughlin is done for the year at Purdue.

Both of these players originally considered redshirt years for after having surgeries (Penn - foot, McLaughlin - ankle) but pushed to play this season.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/08/21 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Claire Neff, transfer from Clemson, dressed out for JMU's second game with Elon this weekend. I had thought she would redshirt this year, but apparently she elected to play. She only got a minute's worth of playing time, but I liked the look in her eye when she took the floor, fierce and intense.

PostPosted: 02/22/21 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan’s Izabel Varejao appeared on the bench of yesterday’s game. I didn’t notice her (masked, back row) until I saw a photo gallery post-game. She’d been stuck in her home country, Brazil, since she went home at the end of last season. I haven’t heard what finally changed for her. The last time KBA was asked she said that the embassy cancelled Izzy’s appointments each time before she went in to get her visa - I think something like 7-8 times by the end of 2020.

Looking forward to the story when written!

leeshajo

PostPosted: 02/22/21 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two of South Dakota States starters, Myah Selland and Tori Nelson went down with knee injuries in Friday's game. Both sat out Saturday and no official word yet, but the beat writer for SDSU tweeted he isn't hearing good things. Both may be done for the season. Keep fingers crossed. The coaches radio show is tonight at 7. So expect more info then.

PostPosted: 02/27/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eleanore Marciszewski of JMU just announced that she is entering the transfer portal. She is a junior this year, but if it's true about the Covid "year of grace" she may have two years of eligibility left.

PostPosted: 02/27/21 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, this has nothing to do with reality but kinda wondering/wandering out in left field: Fresno State has two sophomore sisters, the Cavinders, who have a lot of talent. I was shocked to see that their coach is bringing them off the bench this year. Were I them, I would be looking for alternatives.

ok, slight adjustment, I notice it was probably just for senior night. Still by doing that, the team lost. Still seems stupid.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/09/21 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU's Rayne Tucker is out for what remains of the season with a knee injury suffered in the first of the two Drexel games. Not sure but I think it may be an ACL. Sucks.

PostPosted: 03/09/21 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Xaria Wiggins, 6’1 JR W is transferring out of Mississippi State.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/10/21 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two more Devils leaving Durham:

So/Jr. Jaida Patrick (NY) averaged 11.8 ppl, 4.0 apt
So/Jr. Jada Claude (GA)

Previously Sat/GR Sara Anastasieska, Mikayla Boykin, and Jada Claude has announced decision to transfer.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/10/21 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

So/Jr. Jada Claude (GA)

Previously Sat/GR Sara Anastasieska, Mikayla Boykin, and Jada Claude has announced decision to transfer.

ppl? apt? Girl what has Blue Key done to you? Wink

Personally I'm not surprised - Kara got the coaching gig from name only. Never cared for her and it's not because she was a Lady Vol (to this day I love the Meeks and Anosike from their college days). Also didn't surprise me when they canceled the season, it totally fit in with Kara's narcissistic self.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/10/21 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

So/Jr. Jada Claude (GA)

ppl? apt? Girl what has Blue Key done to you? Wink

Personally I'm not surprised - Kara got the coaching gig from name only. Never cared for her and it's not because she was a Lady Vol (to this day I love the Meeks and Anosike from their college days). Also didn't surprise me when they canceled the season, it totally fit in with Kara's narcissistic self.

Certainly Duke women’s basketball has been the NCAAs answer to WandaVision since Kara took over. Whatever realities come into play, I’ll personally hold off judgement for now. But it definitely piques interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: