RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/03/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Wade originally wanted Evans, someone else insisted on Heal, and this is the culmination of an internal power struggle. But I like seeing complex explanations for things.

Always possible that someone is taking the flak for something imposed on them by someone higher in the hierarchy. Don't think anyone's left the Chicago front office or ownership in the last month or two though, so someone's been very quickly convinced that Heal isn't worth sticking with, even if that person isn't actually Wade.

PostPosted: 06/03/21 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
I think Heal was smart to come over instead being stuck in stash-limbo.

Whatever happened to Kristy Wallace? Or how about that Chinese player ATL drafted?

Wallace came over and cut by the Sun, the Chinese player never came over. I suppose maybe next year is still possible.

The reason I asked you about Kristy Wallace in particular was because she was drafted by the Atlanta Dream in 2018. She tore her ACL in her senior year, so she was a deferral pick for them. Then when she recovered and got back on the court she tore her ACL again playing overseas, so her 2019 WNBA season was wiped out. At that time, the Dream said they were still going to stand by her, but it looks like she’s been forgotten. That’s the way it goes when you keep getting these fresh new prospects coming in every year. Your second and third round deferrals tend to be forgotten. Maybe Luuuc has some news on her.

As you say, Wallace had the 2 ACL injuries. Had signed with a WNBL team for last season but did not recover quickly enough to play. Just returned to action for the first time in the NBL1 (the second-tier league that runs in the WNBL off-season) a week ago. She plays for the Melbourne Tigers.
https://melbournetigers.nbl1.com.au/
https://melbournetigers.nbl1.com.au/player/e262d9e6-7b55-11eb-815c-de81c44d5767/2869f840-b3b2-11eb-abb4-5a66199ea2d0/kristy-wallace

PostPosted: 06/03/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a good look to waive a first round pick mid-season, but I believe they have been waived in pre-season before. I think Nicole Kubik was by the Sparks, but I see that she played a few games for the Mercury that year.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 06/04/21 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pardon my 2 cents, but I was looking forward to watching Heal play for the Sky. Between this and the other incident with the ref, I'm not a fan of Wade at the moment.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
tfan

PostPosted: 06/04/21 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Pardon my 2 cents, but I was looking forward to watching Heal play for the Sky.

Same. I had no idea who she was prior to the draft, but once drafted I wanted to see how she developed over the season and if she could overcome her small size. But I guess Wade and staff felt she was too insufficient now and wouldn't get there quick enough, if at all. She may have gotten more time if Chicago wasn't doing so badly. If Wade had drafted her in the second or third round where I think she would have been available, it all would have been under the radar. She's 3 years younger than Leilani Mitchell was coming into the league, so she could get another shot.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/07/21 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to the Dungeon Championship this upcoming Wednesday.

PostPosted: 06/07/21 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sad thing is, we always seem to struggle against Indy...even when Pokey was coaching them!

PostPosted: 06/07/21 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What’s up with CP? Is she returning. Timeline seems awfully long on an ankle sprain. Is the ligament completely ruptured? Will she be having surgery? So unfortunate. Waiting 13 years for her to go home to play.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/07/21 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Pardon my 2 cents, but I was looking forward to watching Heal play for the Sky.

Same. I had no idea who she was prior to the draft, but once drafted I wanted to see how she developed over the season and if she could overcome her small size. But I guess Wade and staff felt she was too insufficient now and wouldn't get there quick enough, if at all. She may have gotten more time if Chicago wasn't doing so badly. If Wade had drafted her in the second or third round where I think she would have been available, it all would have been under the radar. She's 3 years younger than Leilani Mitchell was coming into the league, so she could get another shot.

If you saw anything of her from the Aussie league, you could see that quickness would be an issue. It's hard to overcome a lack of quickness. Not impossible, but difficult. I was surprised she was drafted as high as she was unless it was as a deferral. But obviously in a few years, she could get enough maturity that she could find a spot as a backup in the league. Sounds like she has a good support system anyway.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/08/21 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Sky: Sierra Campisano – Sign ROS Contract

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/08/21 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Chicago Sky: Sierra Campisano – Sign ROS Contract

Is this the real Grievance or Temp cap hold ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/08/21 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Sky suspended the contract of Astou Ndour-Fall - Temporary

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/08/21 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
What’s up with CP? Is she returning

Just in: James Wade expects Parker to return to action tomorrow vs. Indiana.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/08/21 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Chicago Sky suspended the contract of Astou Ndour-Fall - Temporary

FIBA ?

PostPosted: 06/08/21 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky waive Sierra Campisano Laughing

Quote:
Is this the real Grievance or Temp cap hold ?

Temp Cap Hold, apparently

PostPosted: 06/08/21 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA has concluded its investigation into officials ‘disrespectful’ comments toward James Wade

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2021/6/8/22524455/wnba-concludes-investigation-into-officials-disrespectful-comments-toward-sky-james-wade

Man! This girl has been a damn yo yo. Mack is back

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1402020800044191746

PostPosted: 06/10/21 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Sky waived Natasha Mack

These guys are sketch as hell to get around the minimum player requirement. Now I suppose they’ll receive another 72 hrs to add their next player (supposedly Lexie Brown for the rest of the season).

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/10/21 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

These guys are sketch as hell to get around the minimum player requirement. Now I suppose they’ll receive another 72 hrs to add their next player (supposedly Lexie Brown for the rest of the season).

All of this player movement with the Sky has definitely been a whooooollle lot, but I'm not sure how else they would handle the injuries, national team commitments, staying under the cap space and getting the players they want (and can afford) given the craziness that has been this season. I read somewhere (maybe it was here) that Natasha got $1k for her time this go 'round and am glad she got to step up when the opportunity permitted! The same thing will happen with other hardship signees when the core returns (e.g., Karlee and Kristine in LA). Hopefully, all of these players will find a solid place in the league.

I'm happy they got the W and they have a lot of things to work on but I truly hope they are turning the corner. My wish last week was that they had a players only meeting, well apparently they did some good team connecting and bonding this weekend. (Side note: Apparently, Washington had a players only meeting to get on the same page, etc. It will be interesting to see how they look tonight).

Also, many have wished and suspected that Chicago wanted Dana from jump: In the post game presser, Coach Wade said he's "..just happy that she's here with us...finally" So perhaps the speculation on that was indeed true.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/10/21 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I miss the good old days when the Sparks could go for weeks with just nine active players. I wonder if Penny Toler's cap bending voodoo would work under the new CBA.

PostPosted: 06/14/21 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

June 14, 2021
Chicago Sky: Lexie Brown – Sign ROS Contract

Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/21 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zrm9oea2loI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/11/21 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Chicago, The Great Pretender! Pretending to be a championship quality team.💀

Fuck this team, man. They had every advantage coming into this last game before the Olympic break and still fuckin’ blew it in the end. This team has talent and experience at every position and still does not know how to win at a consistent level. I've wanted to see my hometown hero Slooty be on, not even the best team per se, but just a fucking good WNBA team. A team who as-is can actually win a title in this League. She has given so many years and so much commitment to this pathetic organization, as well as to one or two of her fellow Sky players who as it turns out didn't feel the same way, but has gotten so little to show for it. It makes it all the more ironic that her inability to hit shots consistently was a significant reason why the Sky lost and why I'm done rooting for them.

I don't really care that there's still 12 games left to go for this team, I’ve seen enough. I don't care who's there & who's not, who's injured & who's healthy, who's fault it is for losing any given game in terms of it being one specific player's or multiple players' or the coaches'. Slooty and all the other players who will be free agents at the end of the season need to sign somewhere else next February, because unless this team does some serious soul-searching between now & the end of the regular season (which, odds are, they won't), they’re not even gonna get to the semis, again. Every year for a hot minute now, something has stopped them – whether it be injury woes, poor chemistry, or just an unlucky shot (that really shouldn't have counted, hmm? But it did, and here we are). Put it all together, and maybe it all means that it's just not meant to be for this group. Who knows. It'll be tricky re-signing their priority players anyway, considering half this team will need new contracts with a couple of those coming off of minimum contracts. Perhaps this is the direction things are headed in anyway.

At this point, I honestly believe the Sky are better off committing to a full-on youth rebuild starting next year and getting as much young talent as they can. (Sorry CP3, who’s signed through 2022.) Clean house. Start fresh. And really, if they were to truly commit to it, they could likely go back to being good quicker than the likes of Indiana & Atlanta (at the rate those shitstains of organizations are moving – not that the Sky have been known for being much better over the years). It's just not happening with this coaching staff, and more importantly, these players.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/11/21 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Chicago has an identity problem. Their youth is in the frontcourt (setting aside Dolson, because... yeah, you can get most of what she does from far cheaper and less heralded players), but they're committed to Vandersloot (which is not the worst thing in the world) and Vandersloot is committed to Quigley, which does seem to have forced them to prioritize an aging backcourt with a glaring defensive deficiency and what is either a shooting slump or a glaring offensive deficiency with Vandersloot.

(now with spelling variations)
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/11/21 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I'm feeling numb right now. I just don't have the energy to write a long analysis of what is wrong with the Sky. I do agree with what was posted above me concerning the Sky. So many Sky fans gave up hope years ago with this team after Fowles and EDD left. But I kept the faith and remained loyal.
I will see what this team does this season. After this season is over I need to prepare myself for the end of the current system of things.

PostPosted: 07/11/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I think Chicago has an identity problem. Their youth is in the frontcourt (setting aside Dolson, because... yeah, you can get most of what she does from far cheaper and less heralded players), but they're committed to Vandersloot (which is not the worst thing in the world) and Vandersloot is committed to Quigley, which does seem to have forced them to prioritize an aging backcourt with a glaring defensive deficiency and what is either a shooting slump or a glaring offensive deficiency with Vandersloot.

Maybe building your team around a married couple isn't the best idea ... It's something that teams in the league are going to have to consider that no other league has to think about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: