RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/02/21 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Wait, wasn't Brown waived as well? Or is she still there temporarily as a hardship player? The whole series of transactions today was confusing as hell.

Read up to lynxmania’s last post in this thread. Sounds like they want to keep Brown, but they won’t have the money to sign her to a prorated rest of season contract until 6/13.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/02/21 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I am reading it correctly she is waived because she was a hardship signing

But will return in a couple of days as a full season signing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/02/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If I am reading it correctly she is waived because she was a hardship signing

But will return in a couple of days as a full season signing

They don't have the cap space to re-sign her yet, but by rule have to get back to 11 players within 72 hours of dropping below 11. So they'll have to sign someone else temporarily, even if the player they ultimately want to add is Brown.

Opinions vary on exactly when they'd have enough to add Brown, depending on who's doing the maths.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Random news: Stephanie Watts has been signed to the Sydney Flames for the 2021/22 WNBL season (where she will play alongside Shyla Heal)

So ... that went from Sky reunion to ex-Sky reunion pretty fast 😬

PostPosted: 06/02/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Random news: Stephanie Watts has been signed to the Sydney Flames for the 2021/22 WNBL season (where she will play alongside Shyla Heal)

Does Australia have their own version of 90 Day Fiance? Seems like we could have a fit here........

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/02/21 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watts was a real negative. I agree that
Evans/Brown >> Heal/Watts

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/02/21 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Does Australia have their own version of 90 Day Fiance? Seems like we could have a fit here........

Something else I didn't mention previously is that Shyla's father, Shane (former Aussie national team player who also had a brief stint in the NBA with the T-Wolves), is the head coach.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Something else I didn't mention previously is that Shyla's father, Shane (former Aussie national team player who also had a brief stint in the NBA with the T-Wolves), is the head coach.

Speaking of whom...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/australian-rookie-shyla-heal-clubless-after-being-traded-by-chicago-to-dallas-before-being-waived-insert-social-headline-here/news-story/bed49b3d8d22ebb1a54cb779488822f8#.620jc

Quote:
Aussie legend’s daughter brutally cut after 31 minutes in America

I'm kind of in love with this savagely-written headline. A+ to the editor who composed it.

Quote:
Heal’s father took to Twitter on Thursday to showcase his support for his daughter.

Heal senior revealed Shyla received the trade news while preparing to travel for a game.

Being cut at the airport before boarding for the road trip is character building,” said Heal, who also had stints in the NBA with Minnesota and San Antonio.

Finding out that you've been traded & cut at the airport right before a slate of away games is surely... an experience. Confused

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/02/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the worst GM and Head Coach for the month of May the award goes to Coach Wade of the Chicago Sky! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Mavcarter must be busy. He has not posted anything here for a while.

I am missing them too. I need to know whether these moves have made the Sky a title contender again.

--

Stormeo wrote:
I'm kind of in love with this savagely-written headline. A+ to the editor who composed it.

It's our click-baitiest 'news' site, which never used to care at all about basketball let alone women's basketball, but have been enjoying the clicks provided by Cambage & Heal this season.

Last edited by Luuuc on 06/03/21 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:
Heal’s father took to Twitter on Thursday to showcase his support for his daughter.

Heal senior revealed Shyla received the trade news while preparing to travel for a game.

Being cut at the airport before boarding for the road trip is character building,” said Heal, who also had stints in the NBA with Minnesota and San Antonio.

Finding out that you've been traded & cut at the airport right before a slate of away games is surely... an experience. Confused

While you'd rather they'd done it a little sooner, better then than in the middle of a road trip. Flying back to Chicago, on your own, to collect your stuff before moving out would be even worse.

PostPosted: 06/03/21 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe this belongs in the Dallas Wings thread?

https://twitter.com/shylaheal1/status/1400318675153006595

PostPosted: 06/03/21 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
For the worst GM and Head Coach for the month of May the award goes to Coach Wade of the Chicago Sky! Twisted Evil

Omg Laughing Laughing Laughing I mean... you're not wrong...

Richyyy wrote:
While you'd rather they'd done it a little sooner, better then than in the middle of a road trip. Flying back to Chicago, on your own, to collect your stuff before moving out would be even worse.

Oof, and you're absolutely right. Embarassed At least she got a decent chunk of money and some real experience she can take back with her.

Luuuc wrote:
https://twitter.com/shylaheal1/status/1400318675153006595

Aww, I love her attitude! It's not too late, Storm, pick her up/sign her while she's still in the country! She can't do worse than the ~nothing~ Kiana Williams has done. Twisted Evil

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/03/21 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cold-blooded...

I know it's a business, but dang!

Sounds like she's got great support and a maturity not seen in many 19-year-olds. I wish her well.

A seatmate observed a similar situation on the sidelines a few years ago with Linnae Harper being cut during a game. Whatever happened, it was very short-lived. I liked her and hope she is able to land somewhere to stay.

PostPosted: 06/03/21 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The kid either should never have been drafted at 8th overall or should've been stashed away for a later date.

You can't be in win now mode and think a 19 yr old is going to help you get to the end.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/2021/6/2/22465368/sky-trade-rookie-shyla-heal-and-draft-assets-to-dallas-wings-for-dana-evans

“We like Dana,” Wade said. “We think she has to learn how to be a pure point guard. But the thing is we needed Brown. This was a way for us to get her.”

Is this dude serious? U like her? She was available at 8 from the jump.

Last edited by Milks26 on 06/03/21 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/03/21 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/2021/6/2/22465368/sky-trade-rookie-shyla-heal-and-draft-assets-to-dallas-wings-for-dana-evans

Quote:
In the meantime, the Sky are down to 10 active player, which goes against the league’s CBA. Wade has 72 hours to sign another player and said he’s looking for a post player.

Why? Won’t Dolson be ready by then? Seems like the greatest need is still backup PG. He’s relying on his newest acquisition that he didn’t want to draft in the first place.

Quote:
Parker’s ankle injury was initially assessed as a moderate sprain but since then has been upgraded. She’s going through rehab multiple times a day and was able to bring the swelling down, but after working out, the swelling returned.

Wade sent Parker to Los Angeles so she could rehab with trainers.

No doubt Parker sent herself there because that’s where she knows the people she can trust.

What a mess.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/03/21 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, so I'm late to the party ...

Chicago trades Shyla Heal to Dallas for Dana Evans, and then Dallas cuts Heal.

So shouldn't Dallas be the one getting all the criticism? At least Chicago got something, right?

PostPosted: 06/03/21 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

So shouldn't Dallas be the one getting all the criticism? At least Chicago got something, right?

No , We took heal off their hands because Evans was going to get Cut and Wade wanted Evans badly i guess. We never wanted Heal it was an eye for an eye trade to get some cap space removed for Chicago. The picks are more important in this trade than the actual players. Hopefully Chicago finishes in the lottery lol .

PostPosted: 06/03/21 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Heal was smart to come over instead being stuck in stash-limbo. So she gets cut - now after she improves her game (if she can) she can sign with the team that gives her the best opportunity to make a team. And if she can't improve enough to attact future WNBA interst - so what - she probably would never have made it anyway.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/03/21 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think Heal was smart to come over instead being stuck in stash-limbo. So she gets cut - now after she improves her game (if she can) she can sign with the team that gives her the best opportunity to make a team. And if she can't improve enough to attact future WNBA interst - so what - she probably would never have made it anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. Sucks to be waived, of course, but ultimately could work out better in the long run.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/03/21 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think Heal was smart to come over instead being stuck in stash-limbo.

Whatever happened to Kristy Wallace? Or how about that Chinese player ATL drafted?

Randy

PostPosted: 06/03/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Whatever happened to Kristy Wallace? Or how about that Chinese player ATL drafted?

Wallace came over and cut by the Sun, the Chinese player never came over. I suppose maybe next year is still possible.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/03/21 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Dallas have been playing with extra people all season, due to their late arrivals and absentees (and the acres of cap space that gave them room to just keep more players). This is the equivalent of getting value for someone who would've been your last cut in training camp, it's just happening three weeks late.

PostPosted: 06/03/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Wade originally wanted Evans, someone else insisted on Heal, and this is the culmination of an internal power struggle. But I like seeing complex explanations for things.

(now with spelling variations)
Shades

PostPosted: 06/03/21 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Wallace came over and cut by the Sun, the Chinese player never came over. I suppose maybe next year is still possible.

The reason I asked you about Kristy Wallace in particular was because she was drafted by the Atlanta Dream in 2018. She tore her ACL in her senior year, so she was a deferral pick for them. Then when she recovered and got back on the court she tore her ACL again playing overseas, so her 2019 WNBA season was wiped out. At that time, the Dream said they were still going to stand by her, but it looks like she’s been forgotten. That’s the way it goes when you keep getting these fresh new prospects coming in every year. Your second and third round deferrals tend to be forgotten. Maybe Luuuc has some news on her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: