RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/31/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why did the Sky trade away their second round pick in the 2022 draft for a second round pick in the 2021 draft if they had no intention on keeping that pick?🤔

PostPosted: 06/01/21 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/01/21 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Sky signed Lexie Brown»Hardship

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/01/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mavcarter must be busy. He has not posted anything here for a while.

PostPosted: 06/01/21 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm interested in seeing what Lexie can do, after all that talking. I thought she was decent on the Lynx.

PostPosted: 06/01/21 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just need for us to win.

Sorry Mack didn't get much of a chance, especially after she had a chance to speak to the press before the game a couple of weeks ago...

PostPosted: 06/01/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
I'm interested in seeing what Lexie can do, after all that talking. I thought she was decent on the Lynx.

I think shes a step up from Heal .

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So... how about that Heal/Evans trade?

(now with spelling variations)
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wasn't really expecting that, but there have been so many things this season that no one could guess would happen. Kinda feel bad, because Heal brought a lot of energy but it needed to be harnessed. Did she get a fair shake? What do I know?

Who the heck is Dana Evans?

Who thinks that Wade is vulnerable to losing his job because of the Sky's lack of success?

I don't understand the philosophy of not positioning our folks for rebounds - our shots are so shaky and we miss the chance to get it back way too often. But then again, sometimes we are right there and still can't get the ball.

The players are making bad shots, missing easy bunnies and making way too many turnovers. How much of that is the coach's fault?

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Laughing Convenient timing of this transaction to distract from the... uhh... discourse? that’s been going on the past couple pages.

Wade looks truly foolish for not only drafting Heal to begin with, but not convincing her to stay home at least another year. She wasn’t ready. Shit, Evans may not be either. And now if Dallas finishes higher in the standings than Chicago, it gets even worse for the Sky with Dallas being given the right to swap 1RPs in 2022.

Kinda feel like straight-up owning it & waiving Heal would’ve been a lot less messy in the long-run. He could’ve gotten Evans anyway if she were waived? Neutral

Last edited by Stormeo on 06/02/21 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dana Evans is who the Sky should have drafted at 8 anyway so it makes sense.

Too early to write the Sky off once Parker is on board the Sky have plenty of talent to start winning games.

Maybe Heal (who has already been waived by Dallas) gets picked up by Seattle or PX

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Wade is in panic mode. Had it not been for the injuries, maybe some of these losses are wins and Heal stays... I did at least like the Brown signing
Milks26

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Laughing Wade looks truly foolish for not only drafting Heal to begin with, but not convincing her to stay home at least another year. She wasn’t ready. Shit, Evans may not be either. And now if Dallas finishes higher in the standings than Chicago, it gets even worse for the Sky with Dallas being given the right to swap 1RPs in 2022.

Exactly Heal was not ready. But, Evans would've been a better pick at #8 from the jump. Instead you had the young lady questioning her abilities.

I'm also starting to wonder is Wade is alright upstairs? Lexie and Watts were also waived.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefuly this won't sour Heal on the W. Wouldn't want another Kristen Veal situation.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
He could’ve gotten Evans anyway if she were waived? Neutral

Maybe, maybe not. She would have had to go through waivers, and I think 6 teams (not including Dallas) have had dibs before Chicago. Certainly possible she wouldn't have lasted that long.

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did they waive Watts to clear cap space for Brown? Feels like we're back in training camp with all these moves today
Shades

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
I did at least like the Brown signing

She’s gone now. They went to all that trouble and got her all excited so she could play one game…. that they lost anyway.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
flojojr2007 wrote:
I did at least like the Brown signing

She’s gone now. They went to all that trouble and got her all excited so she could play one game…. that they lost anyway.

Quote:
Multiple league sources tell @TheNextHoops that Lexie Brown isn't going anywhere. Back to play for @chicagosky by 6/13, just a temporary casualty, then returning on a rest-of-season deal. #WNBA 

https://twitter.com/howardmegdal/status/1400183397478248452?s=21

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Wade's job should be under any scrutiny at this time. They are struggling but they are also without 3 vital pieces and losing close games. And the age old argument of who would even be a better replacement?

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/02/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the short time she was out there, Lexie seemed to be doing well. Some of us after the game were wondering why she didn't get in much. Looking at the stats, she actually played 20 minutes. Didn't shoot well, was -7 for the game but she got some assists.

Rough...

PostPosted: 06/02/21 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so

(Only putting Brown at the 3 spot for the shape I am sure Deshields and Copper will get all the actual SF minutes)

Sloot/Evans
Copper/Quigley
Deshields/Brown
Parker/Stevens/Hebard
Ndour-Fall/Dolson

I still think the Sky have a good team too early to write them off

Evans/Brown>Watts/Heal

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/02/21 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not writing them off or ready for Wade's head...I was just wondering what folks thought. Everyone is talking badly about Indiana, but their situation is very different.

Every year, I think this is going to be our year, and then there is a key injury that messes us up. It's frustrating that every one of our home games has been a loss, so I'm bummed because with a return to in-person play, I've been geeked and looking for a win each time! And we were so close last night...

I really hope that with the return of our regulars, things will turn around. At the same time, it's hard not to be pessimistic. Sad I mean, I don't think we've been in this deep of a hole since I started following the Sky in earnest in 2013.

Keeping hope alive!

PostPosted: 06/02/21 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
He could’ve gotten Evans anyway if she were waived? Neutral

Maybe, maybe not. She would have had to go through waivers, and I think 6 teams (not including Dallas) have had dibs before Chicago. Certainly possible she wouldn't have lasted that long.

Indeed, it would've been five teams. New York needs a backup post more than a guard. Indiana preferred Gondrezick over Evans, so they made their bed. Atlanta has too many guards, as we established. Connecticut wouldn't have needed her either. Washington imo was the only team that would've maybe picked her up, but then, it seems Thibault didn't like any of the rookies this year, if him trading away all his picks months before the Draft was any indication. So I think ya gotta like your chances in snagging her if you were Chicago in that scenario? But alas.

Besides, Chicago if they're really still trying to contend probably need a more experienced PG rather than Evans. It's a bizarro #WadeTrade all the way around – y'know, unless you believed he was a shit GM before this (which, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe so).

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/02/21 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wade did What!😤🤯😤 Woosah. Woosah. This whole transaction is THE DUMBEST trade of the season! Wade did What!?😤🤯😤 Woosah. Woosah.
Did Wade do ANY scouting on Heal before drafting her.🙄 Does he realize how dumb this makes him look! He is upset because a referee used a word that he didn't like. The fans might call him something a whole lot worse if he does not turn things around quick!
Wade did What?!😤🙄😤🤯Woosah! Woosah!
When they blow up the team next season he should be a part of the collateral damage.
Did he waive Stephanie Watts too? Woosah! Woosah!

Last edited by Rock Hard on 06/02/21 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/02/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so

(Only putting Brown at the 3 spot for the shape I am sure Deshields and Copper will get all the actual SF minutes)

Sloot/Evans
Copper/Quigley
Deshields/Brown
Parker/Stevens/Hebard
Ndour-Fall/Dolson

I still think the Sky have a good team too early to write them off

Evans/Brown>Watts/Heal

Wait, wasn't Brown waived as well? Or is she still there temporarily as a hardship player? The whole series of transactions today was confusing as hell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: