RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ATL - WTF?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 05/03/21 12:12 pm    ::: ATL - WTF? Reply Reply with quote

What is going on in ATL? Heard there have been major changes to staffing - resignations in response or related to letting go of COO/GM; Owner lives in CA, team President lives in MASS, and Montgomery doesn't run day-to day nor is she qualified - its more ego driven to say she is an "owner". Hear they are very controlling owners and people with no experience are now running things. Have not heard on tickets or seating locations, and don't know about what I do once I am in Gate Way Arena - do I have to be COVID tested? We have also not heard directly from new owners - don't you think they would have reached out to ticket holders and introduced themselves and their plans of staying in the market? So, are they moving the team to CA? Is Renee the new GM? Should it it be Coach Collen? Can this team compete with so much disfunction in the front office led by people who live in other states? MEDIA: Cover this story! Tell us what is going on!

Randy

PostPosted: 05/03/21 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the staff directory looks like the same cast of characters+ Abair and Montgomery, except there is now only one person whose job it is to sell tickets. Sales rep was always a revolving door though.

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 05/03/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
From the staff directory looks like the same cast of characters+ Abair and Montgomery, except there is now only one person whose job it is to sell tickets. Sales rep was always a revolving door though.
Quote:

Another one leaves - wow Sad

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/03/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This post was incredibly ahead of its time. Shocked Embarassed

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/03/21 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
This post was incredibly ahead of its time. Shocked Embarassed

Absolutely ahead of it’s time , everyone is jumping ship ! Shocked

PostPosted: 05/03/21 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The countdown is on for who is next....

pilight

PostPosted: 05/03/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect we'll be talking about the Boston Dream this time next year Sad

PostPosted: 05/03/21 9:01 pm    ::: Re: ATL - WTF? Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
What is going on in ATL? Heard there have been major changes to staffing - resignations in response or related to letting go of COO/GM; Owner lives in CA, team President lives in MASS, and Montgomery doesn't run day-to day nor is she qualified - its more ego driven to say she is an "owner". Hear they are very controlling owners and people with no experience are now running things.

Only now did I read this part, and uhh, it would be very worrying if the Dream once again fell into the hands of shit owners! The franchise literally cannot afford to go through more turmoil, especially once fans are fully allowed back.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/03/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/03/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Not sure ESPN would be overly happy about that. The League actively pursued a team in Atlanta because it was a desired market (probably makes road trips easier to organise, too). Boston would be another big market, but another one pretty near an area that already has multiple teams.

You do have to wonder how long they can stick around Atlanta before deciding that it just hasn't worked, though. Attendance has never been great, and if it still looks bad in the tiny arena they've moved to - once it opens up properly and tries to sell all the seats - that's going to be a bad sign.

PostPosted: 05/03/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like people are missing Kelly Loeffler Laughing Laughing

Last edited by calbearman76 on 05/04/21 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/04/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Sounds like people are missing Kelly Loeffler Laughing Laughing

If she'd stuck around, we might have seen a franchise with no players instead of no front office. But yeah, the panic alarm is going through its first paranoid cycle. Dream fans on the ground: how are ticket sales going? Do you have a rep you can communicate with?

PostPosted: 05/04/21 9:07 am    ::: Re: ATL - WTF? Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
What is going on in ATL? Heard there have been major changes to staffing - resignations in response or related to letting go of COO/GM; Owner lives in CA, team President lives in MASS, and Montgomery doesn't run day-to day nor is she qualified - its more ego driven to say she is an "owner". Hear they are very controlling owners and people with no experience are now running things. Have not heard on tickets or seating locations, and don't know about what I do once I am in Gate Way Arena - do I have to be COVID tested? We have also not heard directly from new owners - don't you think they would have reached out to ticket holders and introduced themselves and their plans of staying in the market? So, are they moving the team to CA? Is Renee the new GM? Should it it be Coach Collen? Can this team compete with so much disfunction in the front office led by people who live in other states? MEDIA: Cover this story! Tell us what is going on!

I'm just glad it's not Dallas for once!!!

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 05/07/21 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rename then the Dream Pies! Smile

~lw3

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 05/12/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I called and spoke to a rep - because he is the only one left; his Director left, the CFO left, there are no other sales reps - they all left and he said others may follow - the biggest one to leave is obviously Coach and even though this looks like a great opportunity for her, why did she not coach this year? Something is not right there - Renee says she is running day to day with no experience, PLUS, doing Hawks games, TMZ, TWO podcasts and her other shit. The President lives in Boston. The owner lives in California. Really? This is what we get? Why did Bock/Loeffler sell to these dopes?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/12/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
Why did Brock/Loeffler sell to these dopes?

The league forced them out because one of them said some things that many of the players disagree with

PostPosted: 05/12/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:

The league forced them out because one of them said some things that many of the players disagree with

So that makes sense to sell to the worst possible candidate I guesss smh

PostPosted: 05/12/21 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:

were there actually multiple choices?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/12/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:

were there actually multiple choices?

Exactly. We don't know that there were and we also don't really have proof that these owners are no good other than one guy who seems overly upset about there only being one ticket rep (during a season were teams are barely able to sell tickets).

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/13/21 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite what HerHoopStats said, WNBA franchises have no value, and finding an owner is a herculean task.

At least Atlanta has a team, though we'll see how the organization does from here on out.

PostPosted: 05/15/21 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ANYONE GO TO THE GAME LAST NIGHT?

Was I the only one who thought it was overkill how bad the game ops were? And, have you ever heard of an "owner" being plugged more in one 2 hour siting than Renee? Her foundation, her podcasts, showing her on the video -

Did anyone go to the NYL game? Were there promotions/video and music about Joseph Tsi? When is it ever about the Dream? ALL last year was Kelly, now we have Renee 24/7. How about the team itself? Wow!

Also no sound, no stats, and a PA announcer that was terrible. Then of course, there was the game itself - holy moley!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/15/21 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:

Was I the only one who thought it was overkill how bad the game ops were? And, have you ever heard of an "owner" being plugged more in one 2 hour siting than Renee? Her foundation, her podcasts, showing her on the video -

Did anyone go to the NYL game? Were there promotions/video and music about Joseph Tsi? When is it ever about the Dream? ALL last year was Kelly, now we have Renee 24/7. How about the team itself? Wow!

Also no sound, no stats, and a PA announcer that was terrible. Then of course, there was the game itself - holy moley!

Get. Over. It.

What is your vendetta against Renee?

tfan

PostPosted: 05/15/21 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Any idea how many times a WNBA team has had ownership that didn't live in the same metro area as the team? They may have been thinking about a Boston team when they purchased it but felt there wasn't enough time for a move.

Atlanta not only has been poor in attendance throughout their history, I don't believe they have ever been able to get a jersey sponsor. Although I dton't know about other sponsorships related to the arena advertising they may have.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/15/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:

I don't know if you were the only one who thought it was overkill, but you're clearly the only one who felt strongly enough about it to post the exact same thing in two different threads.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Randy

PostPosted: 05/15/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Any idea how many times a WNBA team has had ownership that didn't live in the same metro area as the team? They may have been thinking about a Boston team when they purchased it but felt there wasn't enough time for a move.

Atlanta not only has been poor in attendance throughout their history, I don't believe they have ever been able to get a jersey sponsor. Although I dton't know about other sponsorships related to the arena advertising they may have.

You and pilight may be right. It does seem like an odd fit, and they don't seem to be trying very hard to sell tickets and reboot the franchise. Really seems like this season is a place holder they were stuck with before heading somewhere else......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: