RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopmom

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am a long time Atlanta dream fan. There has never been a bucket of money rolling around to support this franchise. I’m also pretty sure there were not a lot of competing bids for ownership but we had to have new ownership. As a fan, I am willing to do whatever it takes to support the ownership and the team, as I want to have a team in Atlanta! I have purchased season tickets even though It was difficult to get through to their one sales person. We need all the support and positivity we can get!

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/11/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream posted this on Twitter & Facebook:
https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1392132396271628294?s=20

Due to WNBA protocols and current spacing requirements, the Dream plan to host only full season ticket holders for the first three home games (all in May). We hope to reevaluate this policy as the season progresses and open up seats for single-game purchasers.

I was hoping to go to some games. Hopefully I will be able to. Hopefully we will get good TV news soon too!

pilight

PostPosted: 05/11/21 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream Add Frett, La-Force to Coaching Staff

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-add-frett-la-force-to-coaching-staff/

PostPosted: 05/12/21 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched a vlog that Courtney Williams’s girlfriend posted and in it Courtney said she was sent home early from practice (yesterday) because a player on the team tested positive for COVID. Does anyone know what that might mean in terms of their game on Friday? I thought the Dream was awfully quiet over the past 2 days and that may be why.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/13/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

opening day roster

Carter/McDonald
C. Williams/Sims
Hayes/Strickland/Bradford
Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/E. Williams/Brown

Can Atl afford 12 because they waived SWK?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/13/21 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its Stricklen btw

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/13/21 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Its Stricklen btw

so are they playing anyway?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/13/21 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Its Stricklen btw

so are they playing anyway?

I think Michelle was just correcting the spelling of her last name. People mistakenly call her "Strickland", but it is indeed "Stricklen". Very Happy

No, the player who got covid is Cheyenne Parker. 😓

J-Spoon wrote:
Can Atl afford 12 because they waived SWK?

Yep. If SWK sneaks through waivers though, they might just cut Bradford & re-sign SWK to vet min, which would still fit under the cap. Bradford seemingly didn't get much hype in camp, so I'm not convinced she'll be sticking around either way...

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/14/21 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Yep. If SWK sneaks through waivers though, they might just cut Bradford & re-sign SWK to vet min, which would still fit under the cap.

There isn't room to do that, as illustrated here: https://herhoopstats.com/salary-cap-sheet/wnba/team/atlanta-dream-11eaecc7-356c-1364-b611-2362f5011b0b/

PostPosted: 05/14/21 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Yep. If SWK sneaks through waivers though, they might just cut Bradford & re-sign SWK to vet min, which would still fit under the cap.

There isn't room to do that, as illustrated here: https://herhoopstats.com/salary-cap-sheet/wnba/team/atlanta-dream-11eaecc7-356c-1364-b611-2362f5011b0b/

Damn. I don't remember it being that close. Laughing Well, maybe they could keep Bradford around right up until contracts get guaranteed (which is...? Does Richyyy or anyone else know the date?), and then cut her in favor of SWK if she's still unsigned at that point.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/21 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
About 30% of the coaches who have been head coaches in the W have winning records (26 out of 83).

The median coach in winning percentage is Fred Williams at .461. Among the former players, five are above that and seven are below.

Brondello is 30 games over .500. Only seven coaches in league history are that far over (Brondello, Chancellor, M Cooper, Laimbeer, Reeve, Thibault, Whisenant).

If a team has inferior talent I would guess they go through coaches faster than a team with superior talent. Resulting in more coaches with losing records. I believe having a few dominant teams every year also will send the average below 50% but not smart enough to work that out.

They should randomly pair the coaches and teams every year and see if the coaches all end up at 50%.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/14/21 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/bloggedbyrain/status/1393018372485419012?s=21

Can’t get rid of stupid

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
https://twitter.com/bloggedbyrain/status/1393018372485419012?s=21

Can’t get rid of stupid

Its the Glazed Gaze in those eyes for me Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/14/21 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

They should randomly pair the coaches and teams every year and see if the coaches all end up at 50%.

yeah, yeah, let's do it! Laughing

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 05/31/21 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump.

https://twitter.com/JameelahJNBA/status/1398758458200035328

Quote:
Following an x-ray after ((Saturday))’s game, Chennedy Carter has been diagnosed with a hyperextended right elbow. Her return timetable is unavailable at this time but no surgery is required.

~lw3

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/31/21 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
bump.

https://twitter.com/JameelahJNBA/status/1398758458200035328

Quote:
Following an x-ray after ((Saturday))’s game, Chennedy Carter has been diagnosed with a hyperextended right elbow. Her return timetable is unavailable at this time but no surgery is required.

~lw3

good news! hyper extended is really painful but it shouldn't take too long to heal.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/31/21 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Atlanta gonna pick up anyone to replace Brown? With Chennedy down for an unknown amount of time and who knows when Parker will be available and able to contribute, they need someone. Yes, it has to be a post. Odyssey and Aari can carry the PG spot, and Courtney if necessary. Would Atlanta take a look at Burdick?

BTW, after a solid 2020, are any of you surprised Dietrick didn't make a roster?

hoopmom

PostPosted: 06/01/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have the same questions about replacing Brown and about Dietrich. I liked the way Atlanta took a chance on Crystal Bradford this year. I also love the way that Atlanta took a chance on Laney last year, unfortunate as it is that she didn’t re-sign. So I would support taking a chance on someone else that perhaps has been a good player in Europe or like shey petty who hadn’t played much but seemed to have a great reputation. Also did Natasha Mack show any potential?

FYI the guards have been great and I wish Carter a speedy return. Billings and E Williams are playing better as well.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/01/21 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dietrick never signed a contract or came to camp. As far as I know, Atlanta still own her RFA rights. I have no idea why she was never a part of things this year.

PostPosted: 06/01/21 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Dietrick never signed a contract or came to camp. As far as I know, Atlanta still own her RFA rights. I have no idea why she was never a part of things this year.

Because the only person who actually wanted her there was Nicki Collen?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/01/21 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No need for Dietrick with the current guard heavy lineup.

Stricklen also hasn't really been playing much. Is she part of their plan? Is her contract guaranteed or can they cut her for a cheaper option like an Emma Cannon.

But what posts are available? I would love for a center to fall in our laps to take some pressure off EWill.

Billings has done a good solid job off the bench and I like her coming off the bench because she brings such a good energy. She reminds me of Sykes in that way.

As for Natasha Mack, I see on the WNBA transactions page that she was signed for hardship by the Sky but I don't see her on the roster.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/01/21 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Because the only person who actually wanted her there was Nicki Collen?

Sure, but plenty of marginal players just signed their qualifying offers and went to camp, all across the league. Atlanta had two, in Dietrick and Jaylyn Agnew, who apparently never signed anything and are just skipping the season for no apparent reason (unless there are injuries I never heard about). It's not particularly meaningful, just odd.

For what it's worth, by my maths today is the day that Atlanta now have enough cap space to sign a vet minimum rather than a 0-2 year minimum. So if they want to fill that 12th spot opened up by waiving Brown with someone with some experience, that could be relevant.

PostPosted: 06/01/21 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They really wanted Joyner Holmes but Vegas scooped her up first! Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/01/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agnew is injured. Dietrick... who knows, maybe she looked at that Princeton education and decided to test the non-basketball job market.

(now with spelling variations)
Randy

PostPosted: 06/01/21 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Agnew is injured. Dietrick... who knows, maybe she looked at that Princeton education and decided to test the non-basketball job market.

I noticed that Dietrick was not listed on any of the Dream Overseas Updates (despite the fact they included players like K Thornton and M. Pivek along with others not returning to ATL). Princeton degree and associated connections would seem to be a plus in finding a job elsewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 15 of 23

Jump to: