RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/21 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there an issue with Thornton? Her time has been limited and she seems pretty critical to the energy of the team.

Overall, the spreading of the minutes is pretty impressive. But not seeing the intent of starting collier and Jefferson, after repeated poor showings, that needs to stop.

Gray and Sabally look a bit rusty. Gray was rushing it and in the first half while Sabally looked uncomfortable. Sabally showed up for the end of the game, but I’m really hoping Gray gets her mojo back as last season and the first game of this season she did a lot of everything.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Is there an issue with Thornton? Her time has been limited and she seems pretty critical to the energy of the team.

I think her biggest issue is the return of AGray and Sabally. Not a huge surprise that she may need to kick it into cheerleader mode. But depth is a good thing in the long run.

Skyfan22 wrote:
Overall, the spreading of the minutes is pretty impressive. But not seeing the intent of starting collier and Jefferson, after repeated poor showings, that needs to stop.

It would appear that Jefferson and Collier received pledges to start but not pledges for big minutes. But we’ll see if that continues. For now it’s a not who starts but who finishes situation.

Skyfan22 wrote:
Gray was rushing it and in the first half

Most likely still in 3x3 mode. They play as hard as they can for 10 minutes. Plus there’s the 12 sec shot clock.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

She missed a game and was doubtful for a couple of others due to a minor knee injury. But the extra competition was always likely to lower her minutes as well. VJ really hasn't worked out what the hell her rotation should be with all these pieces yet, but to be fair she hasn't had them all together for long.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

She missed a game and was doubtful for a couple of others due to a minor knee injury. But the extra competition was always likely to lower her minutes as well. VJ really hasn't worked out what the hell her rotation should be with all these pieces yet, but to be fair she hasn't had them all together for long.

This _______________

Fyi there were no pledges made to no player on the team that they would be a starter.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excited for the first Wings win streak. Currently 2 games. Keep it going. Maybe they’ll have time to practice a bit now since they have 2 days before the next game.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/09/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Excited for the first Wings win streak. Currently 2 games. Keep it going. Maybe they’ll have time to practice a bit now since they have 2 days before the next game.

Hopefully .....

I want Awak to get more accustomed to the system so she can make some type of impact bc our #1 needs 1 more year of college.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Hopefully .....

I want Awak to get more accustomed to the system so she can make some type of impact bc our #1 needs 1 more year of college.

And furthermore, if the Wings are gonna allow Collier the opportunity to allow teams to go on runs, then why is Awak not afforded the same opportunity. Let them both get some minutes. My hope is that they both get a ton of attention during the Olympic break and come out different players.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/21 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And speaking of things I want to happen. Ima need the Sparks to lose out to give the Wings the number one pick.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/09/21 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Hopefully .....

And furthermore, if the Wings are gonna allow Collier the opportunity to allow teams to go on runs, then why is Awak not afforded the same opportunity. Let them both get some minutes. My hope is that they both get a ton of attention during the Olympic break and come out different players.

I believe that is quite possible. I think only Gray and Coach have Olympic duties this year. So, they remaining coaching staff should have the group primed for 2nd half success.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
And speaking of things I want to happen. Ima need the Sparks to lose out to give the Wings the number one pick.

This ________X

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Hopefully .....

I believe that is quite possible. I think only Gray and Coach have Olympic duties this year. So, they remaining coaching staff should have the group primed for 2nd half success.

Awaks game seems for suited for a SF versus PF her length is out of this world in person.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Hopefully .....

Awaks game seems for suited for a SF versus PF her length is out of this world in person.

Yeah, she's needs to get much stronger to play the PF role

PostPosted: 06/09/21 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
So.

For every Wings block this season, we are donating $20 to the Arlington Police Foundation on behalf of the Jim Ross Law Group.

Thoughts?

The Wings matched their season high with four blocks yesterday

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Cough! Chicago. Cough!

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Cough! Chicago. Cough!

No, Rock Hard. You’ve been around back when I bled powder blue, that ish just don’t dry up. Still hoping for a Sky championship this season. Aside from Dolson that whole team should have a good month to get it together over the break. Would love Two of my all time faves to bring a ship home to Chicago.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Cough! Chicago. Cough!

And aside from Sloot and Parker, if Deshields finds her groove from 2019, please don’t be seriously injured, and Azura gets back to where she was prior to being injured last year, then the Sky still have a chance fir all the glory.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/10/21 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might have been mentioned, but Marina Mabrey looks much improved from college. I wouldn't have guessed she was even going to stick in the WNBA, let alone average 18.8 points a game (in 9 2021 games). In college I only remember three pointers and limited ball handling. But her ball handling seems much improved, as well as her passing. And the biggest surprise is her driving to the basket in the half court.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/10/21 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This might have been mentioned, but Marina Mabrey looks much improved from college. I wouldn't have guessed she was even going to stick in the WNBA, let alone average 18.8 points a game (in 9 2021 games). In college I only remember three pointers and limited ball handling. But her ball handling seems much improved, as well as her passing. And the biggest surprise is her driving to the basket in the half court.

She said that she worked on all those things after the 2020 season. I remembered being cautious when the Wings traded for her - but she's doing her thing - can't take that away from her.

I m still mad about the Stevens trade though. But, I guess her constant injuries didn't help her case

PostPosted: 06/10/21 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings Have Arrived Sooner Than Expected

Quote:
With a young core led by Arike Ogunbowale, Dallas could be playoff-bound ahead of schedule. Surprisingly, this has disappointed some fans who wish for "ping pong balls" and the return of "their bae Liz".

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/10/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^ You cheeky lil' so and so...

PostPosted: 06/11/21 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Quote:
With a young core led by Arike Ogunbowale, Dallas could be playoff-bound ahead of schedule. Surprisingly, this has disappointed some fans who wish for "ping pong balls" and the return of "their bae Liz".

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Liz can stay away though Mad

PostPosted: 06/11/21 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Quote:

Liz can stay away though Mad

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/11/21 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Hopefully .....

I feel like you are rubbing it in my face that I haven't had the opportunity to see her yet....just kidding!

I went ahead and rolled my tickets over to next season because I didn't want to jump through hoops to attend games at the CPC when the Rangers nor the Mavericks require you to do all that BS and they have 10 times the attendance in the house!!!

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/11/21 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, after reading the article, it seems like the Wings seem to be getting along. If all exceeds expectations and they were to become a co tender. How long before their players start getting max contracts and players get squeezed out. Has anyone foreseen this within the Wings and is there a plan? Maybe this trade away stars for first round picks would work if the Wings show an ability to actually develop players or pick those that are gonna do the work themselves (ie., Alisha Gray, Thornton,Mabrey ) or spot good ones at the top of the draft (a much less likely ability given their overall track record)

toad455

PostPosted: 06/11/21 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings are moving to Dickies Arena next season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23

Jump to: