Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/21 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Kind of hard cheese since she was their best post in the previous game. But politics are full of hard cheese.

Thornton & Alarie looked better Imo. She's physical yes but she had little impact imo last night. Hope this means Sabally is here now !!

yeah, it's hard to have any impact when you play zero minutes. But I was talking about the Phoenix game. In general I'm no big fan of Anigwe, she certainly has limitations, but she was in fact the best Dallas post in that game. You'll notice in her 23 minutes the team was +6. And Thornton is a big fav for me, as is Sabally. Neither are centers.

She got dunked on that's all i can remember tbh. Anigwe is serviceable i do agree , but i dont see us losing much with waiving her. The guard cut is the one im most interested in . Im pretty sure everyone knew she was going to be cut whenever Gray & Sabally cameback.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
https://twitter.com/kaylados/status/1399478692016013322?s=21

How long until Dungee is asking out and becomes another Wing flying away

The Wings should be announcing some waivers soon and reactivating Gray & Sabally. Hopefully things become clearer for Coach VJ and actually allows her to see who she has on the roster.

Anigwe waived

https://twitter.com/itsBTerrell/status/1400119539103375361

1 more to go right ?.....I think it may be Evans Sad Sad Sad

Yea, I believe it will be Evans also. I don't see them waiving their 2021 5th overall pick already - unless its a trade.

Anigwe shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone (it was temp move from the jump). Yes, she played 23 mins in the Mercury game but, historically she always plays Griner tough. Which is why I believe she got so much playing time.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

League sources confirm the Chicago Sky have traded Shyla Heal, their own 2022 third-round pick, and the right to swap 2022 first-round picks to the Dallas Wings for Dana Evans. Dallas then immediately waived Heal.

Could've drafted her from the jump!

https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1400177395383033857

Last edited by Milks26 on 06/02/21 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
League sources confirm the Chicago Sky have traded Shyla Heal, their own 2022 third-round pick, and the right to swap 2022 first-round picks to the Dallas Wings for Dana Evans. Dallas then immediately waived Heal.

Shocked Forget about the Heal being waived part – this is what stands out to me. Dallas would love to finish higher up in the standings than Chicago – which just might happen this year. Could be an underrated trade for Dallas imo.

Last edited by Stormeo on 06/02/21 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So who has to pay for Heal's ticket back home? I guess it must be the Wings.....

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a reason for trading Heal before she was waived? Meaning are their any implications for her being waived by Dallas instead of by Chicago?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So who has to pay for Heal's ticket back home? I guess it must be the Wings.....

That could be part of the reason Heal was a part of the trade instead of just cut. Now Dallas can pay for the $2000 ticket home. Plus there’s probably some salary cap implications. Dallas gets some more draft assets for their trouble instead of just cutting Evans.

Am I going to be the first one to point out that Wade could have just drafted Evans at #8 instead of Heal? I wonder how Heal crossed his radar? Her stats weren’t particularly impressive. I guess Rebkell GM’s rule over real GM’s once again.

Only thing is Evans looked pretty bad in her garbage minutes last night. How did she go from Louisville’s best player to an on-the-bubble player in a matter of months?

I was hoping Reeve would give her a shot. Of course sacred Banham would have to be cut to do that. Banham won’t be on the team next year so adding a developmental player makes some sense.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Is there a reason for trading Heal before she was waived? Meaning are their any implications for her being waived by Dallas instead of by Chicago?

Yes, the pro-rated portion of her salary - the money she's already been paid, which is about 15.5k - counts on Dallas's cap rather than Chicago's. Even though Chicago were the ones who actually paid the literal cash.

By the way, the actual report of the deal was here - https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1400177395383033857?s=20 .

PostPosted: 06/02/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

By the way, the actual report of the deal was here - https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1400177395383033857?s=20 .

Apologies Richyyy. I always give credit where credit is due but I was so busy reading and posting reactions.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Apologies Richyyy. I always give credit where credit is due but I was so busy reading and posting reactions.

No problem, I can understand that happening occasionally, especially when it's only a tweet rather than an article.

I'm just a little sensitive to it around here, for reasons that have nothing to do with you...

PostPosted: 06/02/21 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

Gosh, can someone please explain what this means?

So Heal went to Dallas and Evans went to Chicago? Then Dallas immediately cut Heal (because they were going to cut Evans anyway)? And, if Chicago finishes higher than Dallas, Dallas gets to pick higher in the first round of the draft?

So Chicago must have been dissatisfied with Heal and thought Evans was a better longterm investment?

This must have been a pretty disappointing few weeks for Heal. What more could Chicago have expected from a 19-yo with zero time to develop in this league?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/21 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Gosh, can someone please explain what this means?

So Heal went to Dallas and Evans went to Chicago? Then Dallas immediately cut Heal (because they were going to cut Evans anyway)? And, if Chicago finishes higher than Dallas, Dallas gets to pick higher in the first round of the draft?

So Chicago must have been dissatisfied with Heal and thought Evans was a better longterm investment?

This must have been a pretty disappointing few weeks for Heal. What more could Chicago have expected from a 19-yo with zero time to develop in this league?

The only thing to understand is #PP's babyyyyyyy Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 06/05/21 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is it the baby Wings draw a road trip of Seattle, Seattle, Phoenix, Phoenix, and LV? Damn brutal!

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/07/21 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S49wtozOfDw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 06/07/21 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So.

For every Wings block this season, we are donating $20 to the Arlington Police Foundation on behalf of the Jim Ross Law Group.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: 06/07/21 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was all set to play my usual devil's advocate role and say we shouldn't automatically demonize everything cop related, but fuck the police

PostPosted: 06/07/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I was all set to play my usual devil's advocate role and say we shouldn't automatically demonize everything cop related, but fuck the police

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 06/07/21 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
So.

For every Wings block this season, we are donating $20 to the Arlington Police Foundation on behalf of the Jim Ross Law Group.

Thoughts?

Tweet has been deleted lol

PostPosted: 06/07/21 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They walked that one back like Usain Bolt moonwalking, I see. Either that, or they saw that the against:for ratio was approximately 300:2 and they're just not gonna *tell* anyone they're doing it. Or they got told "do it and watch us never block a shot again," possibly in multiple languages.

PostPosted: 06/07/21 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

t would be one thing if it was an organization for cops injured on the job or something, but it's not even that. The Arlington Police Foundation buys supplies for the PD that aren't covered in their budget. Because Texas is well known for underfunding cops...

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Utterly baffling misstep, even for the Wings. Hard to believe this could've gone through more than two people at the organisation without someone saying "um, are you sure this is a good idea?" Every single tweet response I saw, many coming up moments after it was announced, basically said "uh, no. Really, really no." Unreal.

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who makes this decisions is the question?

Its one think to partner with them - but to donate money? Wow!

Hopefully this deal goes dead in the water because of all the negative response thus far.

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They've apparently been partners since November

https://wings.wnba.com/news/wings-announce-partnership-with-jim-ross-law-group/

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
They've apparently been partners since November

https://wings.wnba.com/news/wings-announce-partnership-with-jim-ross-law-group/

Okay, yeah, I remember reading about this partnership when it was first announced.

This happened last year and it appears all other Dallas Pro Sports Teams are behind him or at least his claiming them on his youtube channel. So why is everyone suddenly in a tissie for something that's been out there since last year? Timing of everyone's concern is very interesting.

Last edited by Milks26 on 06/08/21 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/07/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jim Ross is a former Marine, Texas police officer and Drug Enforcement Agency task force officer.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xKKhfGUTpWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He’s got a video like this for all the Dallas pro sports teams.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 18 of 23

Jump to: