RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/02/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pbVTbqClUs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sounds like Johnson is looking forward to working with Alarie. It’s still a mystery what the final roster will look like when they apparently like everybody.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
IM in OC

PostPosted: 05/02/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Sounds like Johnson is looking forward to working with Alarie. It’s still a mystery what the final roster will look like when they apparently like everybody.

Alarie is playing solid off the bench for Avenida.

One more game in Spain, for championship, on Thursday.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/02/21 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jefferson/Evans/Harris
Ogunbowale/Mabrey/Dungee
Gray/Thornton
Collier/Kuier
Harrison/Alarie

Sabally (temp suspend until June unless she wants to take the whole year off)

That’s awfully guard heavy leaving them very thin at post until Sabally gets back and assuming Kuier even comes over.

I noticed Harris and Dungee wearing the light colored practice jerseys which seems to mean lower tier. Could one of them be going? Dungee got signed by Jordan Brand, so that’d be hard to believe. She’s not being talked about or featured much.

If they do cut or deal a guard, I’d be interested in any one of them.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/02/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thornton has plenty of experience playing the 4. Dungee will probably find more minutes at the 3 than the 2 regardless, but even she played some 4 at Arkansas if it really has to happen (though it shouldn't). All signs indicate Kuier's coming right over from Italy with Isabelle Harrison.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to speculate upon here – at least compared to other teams' situations – other than maybe when Sabally joins the team, but she will eventually this year. If she has to be temporarily suspended, it would open up a (temporary) spot for presumably either Evans or Gustafson. Even if Jefferson's ready to go for opening night, they probably should just give it to Evans anyway.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/02/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Shades wrote:

Alarie is playing solid off the bench for Avenida.

One more game in Spain, for championship, on Thursday.

She is being kept on the bench by Emese Hof though. I thought she would havemore of an impact with Avenida

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Milks26

PostPosted: 05/02/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I noticed Harris and Dungee wearing the light colored practice jerseys which seems to mean lower tier.

I doubt it. I've seen all the players in both blue and light grey jerseys

PostPosted: 05/02/21 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I noticed Harris and Dungee wearing the light colored practice jerseys which seems to mean lower tier.

I doubt it. I've seen all the players in both blue and light grey jerseys

Maybe they do mix it up. I’ve also seen white verses light gray. Not sure why they do that.

Mabrey looked to be on the top team in this sequence.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mXI2cRj2Lak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/02/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see Jefferson participating in 5-on-5's like normal. If she's indeed back to being healthy, it'll be interesting to see what her role on this version of the team is gonna be.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/08/21 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players who will not play today

WNBA protocol:
@OMG_itsizzyb
@bella_alarie
@Arike_O

Not reported:
@satou_sabally
@KuierAwak

Injury:
@mmabrey1 - not good

Last edited by Milks26 on 05/08/21 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 05/08/21 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting lineup

@_BonnBonn
@chelsea_dungee
@Graytness_15
@KBT_5Blessed
@charlicollier

PostPosted: 05/11/21 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/tuesdays_papers_finno-ugric_aggro_mining_licence_fuss_and_kuiers_visa_delay/11925428

Quote:
Kuier stuck in Finland

Finland's 19-year-old basketball star Awak Kuier should be starting her WNBA career on Friday, but she is unlikely to do so as she is still stuck in Finland.

Her Dallas Wings travel to Los Angeles Sparks on Friday, but Kuier is likely to be following the game from Finland as her visa has still not been processed.

Her agent tells Ilta-Sanomat that he's not sure she'll be able to play in May at all.

Kuier is the first Finn to be picked in the first round of the WNBA draft, and will be the first to play in the league when she makes her debut.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/11/21 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So doing the cap math, Dallas could afford to temp.-suspend Kuier and replace her spot on the roster until she comes over, on top of doing the same thing with Sabally and her spot. The Wings wouldn't be able to keep Evans though – they would only be $442 short if they kept everyone else – so she would have to get waived and brought back just a little bit later. If they don't want/care about keeping Evans, they could opt to pick up someone cheaper than her on the waiver wire in time for the season opener – someone right at or below a $61k salary.

And judging by the minutes Gustafson got in the Wings' preseason game and the newfound lack of available post players, it seems highly likely that Gustafson at least makes the opening-day roster.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/11/21 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Gustafson's mins were little disturbing (but, word on the street - she's improved). Dungee having 30 and Evans at 11 was interesting too. But, with Awak & Sabally missing keeping Gustafson around for a spell makes sense.

I would still like to see Evans make it somehow.

https://www.is.fi/koripallo/art-2000007969568.html

PostPosted: 05/11/21 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I wonder if Sabally will bother coming back until June.

May 10, 2021
Dallas Wings: Satou Sabally – Suspended – Partial Season

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/12/21 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok shades we know we get it you want her out the full season you want dallas at the bottom to suffice your precious emotions Laughing Laughing we don’t care we always want PP’s right ? 22 & 23 are our years and yes I say that every year !

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ok shades we know we get it you want her out the full season you want dallas at the bottom to suffice your precious emotions Laughing Laughing we don’t care we always want PP’s right ? 22 & 23 are our years and yes I say that every year !

Bad interpretation. I’m just keeping people informed, you know, like I always do. If you need to have a beef with someone, it should be with the several people who want to see Charli Collier fail. I’m not one of them.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/12/21 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

🚨ATTENTION CERTAIN WINGS FANS🚨

pilight wrote:
Wings waive Megan Gustafson

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/12/21 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
🚨ATTENTION CERTAIN WINGS FANS🚨

pilight wrote:
Wings waive Megan Gustafson

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Such a beautiful young lady .......Modeling on the side possibly ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCwsREJhrOI

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She had a good run albeit, it should've ended last year.

Wish her the best going foward

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does that mean Harrison is finally in camp?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Waiving Gustafson makes ya wonder if Kuier's status is a little closer to being cleared up. They'll still be without Sabally, and though Thornton can play the 4, it's probably not best for her to play it exclusively.

PG: Jefferson/Harris
SG: Ogunbowale/Mabrey
SF: Gray/Dungee
PF: Harrison/Thornton
C: Collier/Alarie

Temp.-susp.: Sabally

If they temp.-susp. Kuier, there's two open spots. If they don't, there's just one.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You left Evans off. And there wasn't room to keep her and Gustafson.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You left Evans off. And there wasn't room to keep her and Gustafson.

I know that – here's where I acknowledged it. As for Evans, I left her off on purpose; I'm not convinced Dallas will keep her, particularly since the guards that can run the point – Jefferson, Ogunbowale, Harris – are healthy. (Mabrey may not be, but I still think of her more as an off-guard.) The Wings are missing 1-2 forwards in Sabally and Kuier. If Gustafson isn't going to be one of the extra players they keep, I'm thinking they find 1 or 2 (depending on Kuier's status) post players on the waiver wire.

Or, riddle me this: could they see if Gustafson passes through waivers and then re-sign her for the min? If so, then that's how they'd be able to keep both Evans and Gustafson in time for opening night if they wanted to – assuming of course that Kuier gets temp.-suspended.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/12/21 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, there'd be room to re-sign Gustafson once she cleared waivers, assuming she was willing to come back for the minimum.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 15 of 23

Jump to: