View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/09/21 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never mind I found it.

PostPosted: 05/09/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Never mind I found it.

I was about to razz you for being lazy. Razz

The good news is that both Venezia and Fenerbahce won their first two games, so two sweeps are possible. They could both be finished on Tuesday. Assuming about a week for Howard and Stokes to fly back and go through protocol, they'd be available the following Tuesday. The Liberty play Minnesota that day in Brooklyn. So, potentially Natasha and Kiah only miss two games.

PostPosted: 05/09/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For anyone who is on Facebook, the Liberty have posted a wonderful Mother's Day video with Layshia Clarendon, her wife Jessica Clarendon, and their child. Six minutes.

PostPosted: 05/09/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ionescu/Clarendon
Whitcomb/JJones/Durr
Laney
Allen/Onyenwere/Willoughby
Howard/Stokes

$890,137 Six guaranteed salaries
. 123,820 Two injury salaries
. 200,319 Three keeper salaries
$1,214,276 Total for eleven players

$1,339,000 2021 salary cap
$1,214,276 Salary for above players
. .$124,724 Remaining available salary
. . .$61,543 Salary for DiDi Richards
. . $63,181 Remaining available salary

So it seem like there’s enough space (assuming no unseen odds & ends) to cut Willoughby with pay and add another player at $63,181 or under. It’s not like somebody is gonna swoop up Willoughby (unless maybe they’re allowed to swoop her up and suspend her), and you can just invite her back to camp next year. This would give you 11 players.

Either that or just use the $124,724 for a more expensive player and go with ten players.

I think the goal was to find a way to get 12 active players on the roster. Shook is probably a lock, and people were struggling to choose between Didi and Odom... or even Holmes. Under your scenario, we're still living with Durr as an unuseable player. Willoughby gives them someone who gets paid even after she's cut, so that's oddly positive. And yes, it would be a shock if Jocelyn were claimed on waivers. Looking ahead, Willoughby is local so she'll likely want to re-sign with NY once she's healthy. All good reason's to cut her. On the other hand, if Willoughby stays on the roster with Durr, I believe two long-term injury/illness players entitles the team to a Hardship Replacement. If Durr gets healthy or you find a way to replace her, then Willoughby becomes the only unuseable player and you lose the Replacement. I freely admit this stuff is confusing and that I could be wrong. But it looks to me like there are multiple scenarios that always get us back to 11 useable players. So, the team still has a painful cut or two to make.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
For those who were asking, the Liberty are now selling single game tickets -- including for the home opener.

https://liberty.wnba.com/tickets/

Now there appear to be more single game tickets up.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
root_thing wrote:
For those who were asking, the Liberty are now selling single game tickets -- including for the home opener.

https://liberty.wnba.com/tickets/

Now there appear to be more single game tickets up.

It looks like all home games until the Olympic break.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you NY fans planning to go to games in-person?

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the first home game Friday,
when do the Liberty expect to send
us STH's E-Tickets and rules to attend ?
Oh its the Liberty so maybe Friday morning
and then with a link that is broken

Also Im all in for a Bring Back Maddie movement

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Are you NY fans planning to go to games in-person?

A lot of us have worked out with our rep where we're going to sit, and the tickets are paid for. But as Lib Fan noted, we don't actually have tickets yet. The team wanted to issue all e-tickets, but then they found out a lot of fans don't have mobile phones. So, now they're trying to figure it out.

As far as entry goes, based on their confusing and often contradictory information posted on the Barclays website, I think anyone who sits beyond 30 feet from the court can get in via proof of full vaccination (last shot + 14 days). If you're within 30 feet, right now it looks like some kind of testing comes into play. Lucky for us, we got moved back one row and based on their chart it gets us in with vaccination only.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like the perfect opportunity to partner with a tech company and offer dirt-cheap low-end smartphones to people. Although I guess you'd still need an answer for tickets for people who didn't want to take up that option. To be honest, even among the elderly, I'm a little surprised that there's a meaningful number of people without the tech to handle e-tickets at this point.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mini in thread poll

What will be the final status of Durr, Johannes and Willoughby for the 21 season?

and will we know with some kind of certainty by opening day Friday may 14th?

My guesses

Willoughby will be cut, paid because she was injured during the season but not count towards the roster limit. (will be guaranteed a tc contract in 22 at same rate she would have received had she never been cut, but not guaranteed a spot on the final roster in 22).

Johannes will be suspended for the season. (I am not sure this get resolved by Friday but hope it will so we can keep a replacement from day 1).

The league will not offer some form of opt out for Durr or any player this season. The Liberty decide to carry Durr so they can pay her, she will count towards the cap and the final 12. The Liberty will follow her progress and we may or may not see her in practice post Olympics if things go incredibly well for her health-wise.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/10/21 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
With the first home game Friday,
when do the Liberty expect to send
us STH's E-Tickets and rules to attend ?
Oh its the Liberty so maybe Friday morning
and then with a link that is broken

Also Im all in for a Bring Back Maddie movement

Rules are available on the website (tl;dr: either a vaccination card proving your second shot has had a chance to set in or a rapid test at the door); there are also additional protocols inside. Husband said he got ticket info earlier today. We're not getting Maddie back.

(now with spelling variations)
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/10/21 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a different note

I just saw Sabrina Ionescu in a kind of funny Nike commercial

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/10/21 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mini in thread poll

What will be the final status of Durr, Johannes and Willoughby for the 21 season?

and will we know with some kind of certainty by opening day Friday may 14th?

My guesses

Willoughby will be cut, paid because she was injured during the season but not count towards the roster limit. (will be guaranteed a tc contract in 22 at same rate she would have received had she never been cut, but not guaranteed a spot on the final roster in 22).

Johannes will be suspended for the season. (I am not sure this get resolved by Friday but hope it will so we can keep a replacement from day 1).

The league will not offer some form of opt out for Durr or any player this season. The Liberty decide to carry Durr so they can pay her, she will count towards the cap and the final 12. The Liberty will follow her progress and we may or may not see her in practice post Olympics if things go incredibly well for her health-wise.

Cutting Willoughby gets the roster down from 13 to 12, but Onyenwere is not part of the 12:

1) Ionescu, Clarendon
2) Jones, Whitcomb, Johannes, Durr
3) Laney, Odom
4) Howard, Allen
5) Stokes, Shook

They really have to resolve the situation with Johannes before opening day. Note that the salary cap doesn't change if Willoughby is cut. Onyenwere makes more money than Odom or Shook, so you can't swap them out. Nor does Durr cover Onyenwere if they could find a way to suspend Asia. The only two players with non-guaranteed contracts who make enough money are Ionescu and Johannes. Needless to say, Sabrina isn't going anywhere. Based on the 14 day rule, suspending Johannes before opening night should not be a problem. Not sure about the 21 days if she notifies them that she'll be late. I really doubt we'll reach that point.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They fixed the 14/21 days thing: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1390739250866425862?s=20 . So if they want to full-season suspend Johannes, it is absolutely an option.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SO if Willoughby is cut and Johannes is suspended does this work?

Ionescu/Clarendon
Jones/Whitcomb/(Durr)
Laney/(ODOM or Richards)
Allen/Onyenwere/(SHOOK or Holmes)
Howard/Stokes

Willoughby paid but not on final roster

so we would be paying 13 but only have 12 on roster and 11 active until Durr's health improves (could be later this season could be 22)

I have the likely in all caps but with some competition from the other player. At this point would any of the final fours money make a difference as I believe Richards 61,543 makes slightly more than Shook and Odom 60.946 who make slightly more than Holmes 58,710.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
SO if Willoughby is cut and Johannes is suspended does this work?

Ionescu/Clarendon
Jones/Whitcomb/(Durr)
Laney/(ODOM or Richards)
Allen/Onyenwere/(SHOOK or Holmes)
Howard/Stokes

Willoughby paid but not on final roster

so we would be paying 13 but only have 12 on roster and 11 active until Durr's health improves (could be later this season could be 22)

I have the likely in all caps but with some competition from the other player. At this point would any of the final fours money make a difference as I believe Richards 61,543 makes slightly more than Shook and Odom 60.946 who make slightly more than Holmes 58,710.

It works. By replacing Johannes with Onyenwere, you create $2832 in cap space. That gives you wiggle room for Richards' slightly higher contract if she beats out Odom. Holmes is lower than either Shook or Odom, so there's no issue.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shook pretty much has to be around for the first game or two at least, surely. Otherwise it's something insane like Onyenwere or Laney at center.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Shook pretty much has to be around for the first game or two at least, surely. Otherwise it's something insane like Onyenwere or Laney at center.

wouldn't they qualify for a replacement player if Stokes, Durr and Howard aren't there? Maybe add a 'real' post until Stokes or Howard return. Someone like Warley Talbert?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh I'm fully expecting all sorts of hardship mess, but I'd expect them to prefer the big that's been in camp since the beginning (and was there all of last year) over some random off-the-street pickup.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Yes, I consider Shook a lock. I was just going along with J-Spoon's scenario because I know she likes Holmes better. Mathematically, anybody left can still make the team except for Asia Taylor. I don't see any realistic way they can find a $70k slot for her.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

wouldn't they qualify for a replacement player if Stokes, Durr and Howard aren't there? Maybe add a 'real' post until Stokes or Howard return. Someone like Warley Talbert?

You say that like it would be an upgrade.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY has first choice on the waiver wire. Stay patient and don"t waste it.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

You say that like it would be an upgrade.

Laughing
I'm saying that like it would give them an actual big backup who could give them some rebounds for 10 minutes a game. Shook is not a starter either but will obviously be doing so.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/21 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty didn’t draft bigs for a reason. They didn’t retain Zahui for a reason.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 32 of 69

Jump to: