RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/27/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Of more relevance, it'll be my first visit to the Barclay Center since the pandemic began.

I've had two vaccinations, have my vaccination card, and will be trying to sort out an Excelsior Pass tonight. If anyone has any advice regarding how things actually work at the Barclay Center at the moment--not just about Covid-19 matters--it would be welcome. You can post it here or send a private message. Many thanks.

If your vaccination card shows that your second shot was 14 days ago or more, then you’re fine. The Excelsior pass works too. Just be aware that you might be asked to show your proof more than once. There are gates that fence off the plaza and some more gates inside that form a bit of a maze. You will have to show your proof of vaccination to enter the exterior gates. Then, as you wind your way toward the entrance, someone else will ask to see your proof. This person will also take your temperature. Afterward, as you approach the arena doors, there is another person at the far left entrance who also checks for vaccination proof. Just avoid him and use one of the other doors. Depending on the individual, some guards will ask to see your ID as well as your vaccination proof. That's technically the right thing to do because neither your vaccination card nor the Excelsior pass has a picture. One guard also asked to see my tickets. My advice is to just roll with the punches and do what they ask. So far, I’ve found everyone to be polite. I just assume they've gotten unclear instructions from their bosses, so I cut them some slack.

PostPosted: 05/27/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
If your vaccination card shows that your second shot was 14 days ago or more, then you’re fine. The Excelsior pass works too. Just be aware that you might be asked to show your proof more than once. There are gates that fence off the plaza and some more gates inside that form a bit of a maze. You will have to show your proof of vaccination to enter the exterior gates. Then, as you wind your way toward the entrance, someone else will ask to see your proof. This person will also take your temperature. Afterward, as you approach the arena doors, there is another person at the far left entrance who also checks for vaccination proof. Just avoid him and use one of the other doors. Depending on the individual, some guards will ask to see your ID as well as your vaccination proof. That's technically the right thing to do because neither your vaccination card nor the Excelsior pass has a picture. One guard also asked to see my tickets. My advice is to just roll with the punches and do what they ask. So far, I’ve found everyone to be polite. I just assume they've gotten unclear instructions from their bosses, so I cut them some slack.

Thanks so much for this immediate and very helpful advice. One further question. I now have the Excelsior Pass on my phone. Is that adequate? Should I bring my vaccination card as well? (My 2nd shot was in March, so that's not an issue.) I'll certainly have my NY State Driver's License for ID. I'm definitely ready to "roll with the punches and do what they ask." I respect every serious and respectful effort to keep all of us healthy and safe.

PostPosted: 05/27/21 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been very inconsistent getting into Barclays. Like Bob said, it depends on who's doing the checking. At the first point of entry, most of the guards just give a quick glance at your phone. Re: my vax proof on my phone, I've only been asked to show ID once. No need to bring your vax card if you have Excelsior Pass activated. Overall, it's a pretty easy process, and with much less spectators allowed inside, going through the bag check/metal detectors is a breeze.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/27/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have had no problems at Barclays for all the games
I would suggest you show your CDC card and ID
The people are pleasent and helpful

If you remember the old Crazy Eddie commericals ...
the food prices at Barclays are "inscane" and not all
places open so not a great selection ...there are many places around
Barclays center to eat before or after the game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/27/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I use my vax card and my ID and it's been fine. Haven't tried the Excelsior Pass yet, to be honest.

Echoing Lib Fan: do not, under any circumstances, buy food or drink there. Soda prices might become more reasonable if they're allowed to use the fountains again, but right now it's $6 for a bottle of water and $7 for a 20 oz. soda. Do not do this. There are multiple directions you can go for food. Happycappie and I have been exploring Fifth Avenue, which has a plethora of local restaurants, but I recall there also being some options on Atlantic Avenue as well.

I also appreciate them using the X-ray machines for bag check. It seems faster than the old way, and I wouldn't necessarily mind them staying around.

PostPosted: 05/27/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like jmvcity said, the Excelsior Pass is enough. However, since I'm a "belt and suspenders" guy, I also have a picture of my CDC card on my phone just in case. Wink

PostPosted: 05/27/21 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and for these helpful suggestions.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I promise not to post endlessly here about Layshia Clarendon, but this time I can't resist. I didn't see any of today's game, so all I can report are stats.

In Clarendon's first game with Minnesota, the Lynx beat Connecticut in overtime, 79 to 74. Layshia played 27 minutes off the bench, the most for any of Minnesota's subs and more than starter Crystal Dangerfield. Clarendon finished with 5-12 shooting, 1-2 on three pointers, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, two personal fouls, one steal, two turnovers, and 12 points (five in overtime). For the game, Layshia was +11. Sure looks like Clarendon helped the Lynx win!

I will continue to wish that she were our backup point guard. Meanwhile, GO LAYSHIA!!!

PostPosted: 05/30/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I promise not to post endlessly here about Layshia Clarendon, but this time I can't resist. I didn't see any of today's game, so all I can report are stats.

I will continue to wish that she were our backup point guard. Meanwhile, GO LAYSHIA!!!

I think it’s fine to post about Layshia, who we waived.
And from before, Nurse, as Kia was traded prior to the season and could have been apart of our team this season, so her performance with the Mercury is relevant IMO.

I’m happy for Layshia, I wish they were still on the Liberty, for me the choice was Willoughby who I would gamble on re-signing next offseason. I hope Clarendon plays well for the Lynx.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/30/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand the need or want to develop Jasmine Jones, but truly at this point in time, it would have been beneficial to have kept Clarendon as the backup PG and use Jones only in emergencies or blowouts.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/30/21 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:

And from before, Nurse, as Kia was traded prior to the season and could have been apart of our team this season, so her performance with the Mercury is relevant IMO.

Thanks, bluedevil. This is for you!

I was wondering how many players on the 11 other WNBA teams once played for the New York Liberty. I've made a list and I've got 12. I'm only including players on active rosters who actually played for the Liberty. (And not someone like Stephanie Talbot, where New York had her rights but she never appeared on the court for the team.)

What's intriguing about this list, at least for me, is that of the 12 players below eight of them are on three franchises:

Washington: Tina Charles, Leilani Mitchell, Shavonte Zellous
Phoenix: Bria Hartley, Kia Nurse, Megan Walker
Seattle: Epiphanny Prince, Mercedes Russell
Indiana: Lindsay Allen
Las Vegas: Joyner Holmes
Los Angeles: Amanda Zahui B.
Minnesota: Layshia Clarendon

If I've left anyone out, then corrections are surely welcome.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

I was wondering how many players on the 11 other WNBA teams once played for the New York Liberty. I've made a list and I've got 12. I'm only including players on active rosters who actually played for the Liberty. (And not someone like Stephanie Talbot, where New York had her rights but she never appeared on the court for the team.)

That’s a cool list!
I wish Deanna Nolan would have been apart of this franchise. Jaz should work on her pull-up midrange jumpers! Razz

I still feel like Tina could have been a good fit with Sab.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/30/21 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, my last post for a good while about Layshia Clarendon for anyone who's missed this.

If you go to the thread on today's (5/30) Sun/Lynx game in Minnesota, Shades has wonderfully posted two short videos. In the first, Clarendon hits a three-pointer right at the end of the fourth quarter to win the game for the Lynx and set off a great celebration... but the shot was a fraction of a second too late. Then (not shown) they hit a three-pointer in overtime to help Minnesota win. Finally, after their first game for their new team, Clarendon was surprised to be chosen for the postgame interview and that's shown on the second short video.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

What's intriguing about this list, at least for me, is that of the 12 players below eight of them are on three franchises:

X-Liberty 2021

Mitchell/Clarendon/Allen
Hartley/Prince
Nurse/Zeallous
Zahui B/Walker/Holmes
Charles/Russell

Current Liberty 2021

Ionescu/Jones
Whitcomb/Richards
Laney/(Odom)/(Willoughby)
Onyenwere/Allen
Howard/Shook/Stokes

If everyone was healthy X-Liberty vs Current Liberty would be a good game

With Howard hurt I would have to give the X the edge (Current with healthy/integrated Howard would probably win though, Laney would be killing it on the wing, not sure who would guard Sabrina. Current would definitely have youth and athleticism on its side).

Current Liberty should be signing a hardship player soon

(And X-Liberty is probably over the cap with current contracts, probably would have to go with 11).

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/31/21 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, J-Spoon. I love this!!! Smile

PostPosted: 05/31/21 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget Kia Vaughn

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/31/21 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
Don't forget Kia Vaughn

Ugh. Terrible error on my part! Thanks for the correction.

This means that FOUR of the 12 players on the Phoenix roster have played for the Liberty: Kia Vaughn, Bria Hartley, Megan Walker, and Kia Nurse. Smile

PostPosted: 05/31/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

X-Liberty 2021

Mitchell/Clarendon/Allen
Hartley/Prince
Nurse/Zeallous
Zahui B/Walker/Holmes
Charles/Russell

Current Liberty 2021

Ionescu/Jones
Whitcomb/Richards
Laney/(Odom)/(Willoughby)
Onyenwere/Allen
Howard/Shook/Stokes

If everyone was healthy X-Liberty vs Current Liberty would be a good game

With Howard hurt I would have to give the X the edge (Current with healthy/integrated Howard would probably win though, Laney would be killing it on the wing, not sure who would guard Sabrina. Current would definitely have youth and athleticism on its side).

Current Liberty should be signing a hardship player soon

(And X-Liberty is probably over the cap with current contracts, probably would have to go with 11).

It would be an interesting game, but if we want to go to fantasy land, how about each player at her prime?

PostPosted: 06/01/21 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I'm really curious as to what we'll see from the Liberty on Thursday night. Not so much because of Las Vegas, who obviously will be a tough challenge for the Liberty. But rather because the team last played on Saturday afternoon, which means there will have been FOUR off days between games. That will give Walt Hopkins and his staff time they haven't had to work with our nine active players plus hopefully Odom as well. I'm wondering if we'll see any changes in how Hopkins uses his players and/or in the approaches the team emphasizes offensively and/or defensively.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We will need to hit our 3s as in most of them.

There is no way we will be able to contain Cambage and Wilson.

I expect that we will have signed some sort of hardship post by then, I expect it to be R. Gray and I expect her to foul out in about 10 minutes.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/02/21 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu joins Durant's business network:

https://www.sportico.com/personalities/athletes/2021/ionescu-durants-network-nike-shoe-deal-1234631109/?fbclid=IwAR1c62Xm5Bkdp_6x-h7SW5ksJjU7R6j4LkfMc83-afMiqyMlxtYHC7j2o7A

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walt Hopkins has been named WNBA Coach of the Month. Michaele Onyenwere has been named WNBA Rookie of the Month.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

michaela onyenwere wrote:
Big news! I have partnered with @PWRFWDshop and now have my own shop with custom gear!
http://pwrfwd.co/michaela-onyenwere
Click the link!

https://twitter.com/monyenwere_/status/1400235224106156034

PostPosted: 06/02/21 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
https://twitter.com/monyenwere_/status/1400235224106156034

Getting a good look at her twitter handle now, I feel like branding-wise, she/someone should do something creative with her name & the word "money". "Onyenwere? More like Money-enwere!"

...Ok, that particular idea was cringe, but ya get what I'm sayin'?! Razz Like, she has been money on the court for the Liberty thus far...

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well ... you gave it a shot.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 43 of 69

Jump to: