RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/23/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever and Anthem partner for social justice. Sounds interesting. Anthem has also partnered with the New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta.

Quote:
he Indiana Fever and Anthem, Inc. announced Tuesday they've entered a multi-year partnership that will focus on social injustice, promoting health and well-being in communities in need, and empowering athletes to become advocates for change.

https://www.wthr.com/article/sports/wnba/indiana-fever/indiana-fever-anthem-social-justice-partnership/531-2b7ff6b1-c882-4dfb-8f21-2a117505e239

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
bbsamjj

PostPosted: 02/28/21 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So depth chart for Fever probably looks like:

D-Rob/(Allamand)/Allen/Doyle
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Burke/Vivians
Lavender/Breland
McCowan/Cox

With the #4 pick, and looking purely at need, I'm going for a SF. ESPN mock draft has them picking Renia Davis of Tennessee, which sounds right. Other tops SFs are Onyenwere at UCLA and Kayla Jones at NC State.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/28/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:

D-Rob/(Allamand)/Allen/Doyle
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Burke/Vivians
Lavender/Breland
McCowan/Cox

I hope that isn't right. If we are starting the perfectly fine vets we signed rather than building for the future, nothing will improve on this team.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/28/21 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I hope that isn't right. If we are starting the perfectly fine vets we signed rather than building for the future, nothing will improve on this team.

I agree, might as well put Cox out there and let her go through the motions and have the veterans pick up the slack.

Then again, Lavender is the highest paid player on the team. Did they really give her all that security to be a back-up?

PostPosted: 02/28/21 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox will look a lot better if she is playing against the other team's second team.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/28/21 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:

D-Rob/(Allemand)/Allen/Doyle
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Burke/Vivians
Lavender/Breland
McCowan/Cox

With the #4 pick, and looking purely at need, I'm going for a SF. ESPN mock draft has them picking Rennia Davis of Tennessee, which sounds right. Other tops SFs are Onyenwere at UCLA and Kayla Jones at NC State.

Other lottery-pick alternatives are Arella Guirantes or Chelsea Dungee, since they're both more natural 3PT shooters than any of the SFs. Hell, draft Dana Evans just for the shooting & playmaking aspects of it all. I see the Fever's perimeter group, and so few of those players – KMitchell and maybe Vivians, and that's it? – are good shooters; Lots of drivers, but not enough shooters to kick out to. I wonder if they've noticed that they haven't replaced Allemand's shooting at all in the PG position for this year? (other than Chanelle Molina on a tcc) I thought Stanley wanted shooting from all 5 positions? As we've all acknowledged, this team's decision-making continues to be incredibly frustrating. (Starting 5'9 TMitchell who also can't shoot at the 3 spot so often last season was just stupid, for example.)

IM in OC

PostPosted: 02/28/21 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Vivians team from Spain, QUESOS EL PASTOR, has cancelled their remaining 3 games for the season. They were 3-24 and only had 6 available players for todays game(injuries). Vivians played nearly 39 minutes today and scored 19 points.

From what I can decipher, from some tweets, they will not play in the league next year either. Not sure if they are folding or being dropped to a lower division.

Note--reading further---#LFEndesa:
@cdzamarat
to #LF2 after his defeat at home.

LF2 is the 2nd level league.

Last edited by IM in OC on 02/28/21 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
miller40

PostPosted: 02/28/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I agree, might as well put Cox out there and let her go through the motions and have the veterans pick up the slack.

Then again, Lavender is the highest paid player on the team. Did they really give her all that security to be a back-up?

Perhaps. When she signed, they all made a big deal about how she wanted to coach the younger post players and how she put together a development package on them. If they signed her big money from the POV of player-post-coach, it might work out well.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/01/21 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
root_thing wrote:
I think I like Goodman better than Kathleen Doyle, who went #14 in a better draft. So, who knows? It only takes one GM or coach who really likes a player for her to go higher than expected.

Yep, all it takes is one Catchings... Twisted Evil

I seem to remember at midseason last year, you and I both thought Chanelle Molina was worth a middle-- maybe even a high -- 2nd Round pick. Then, she went into a shooting slump over the last month of the season and didn't get drafted. Well, Indiana recently signed Molina to a training camp contract -- probably to challenge high 2nd Round pick, Kathleen Doyle. So, that's vindication of sorts for us courtesy of Catchings. She's not always wrong. Wink

Yep, Molina was solid for a hot minute, but just ran out of gas a little bit towards the end of her final season. And unfortunately she had little help around her for basically her entire WSU career (pretty much just one other player). In Molina's final season, she put up multiple standout performances:
    vs. Baylor: 25 pts on 8-14 (4-8 3PT), 3 ast to 2 to's
    vs. South Carolina: 17 pts on 6-11 (4-5 3PT), 2 ast to 2 to's
    vs. Stanford: 27 pts on 11-16 FG (5-8 3PT), 0 ast to 4 to's
    vs. Arizona: 19 pts on 8-15 FG (3-6 3PT), 6 ast to 2 to's

...amongst a few bad games of course, but WSU played a wildly tough overall schedule in Molina's last season. She proved she could bring it against anyone back then (in her two games vs. Cal, she went 21-28 FG combined, for instance).

It was unfortunate that her best season overall was her junior year: 15.9 PPG on 46% FG (39% 3PT) and 39-45 FT, 5.5 RPG, 5.1 APG, 2.2 ATO, 1.8 SPG. Her senior stats aren't too far off from this – just slightly worse, unfortunately across the board (other than rebounding – for whatever that's worth as a guard in the W). If she had found a way to build upon her junior-year stats in her final season – or hell, if she had just put up those same senior-year stats on a much more relevant team – I think she would've gotten drafted as a 2RP, or at least a 3RP, and not gone undrafted for sure. And still, here we are.

Kathleen Doyle (and Lindsay Allen) aside, Molina better hope none of those six draft picks Indiana has become non-deferral PGs. If the Fever draft someone like Dana Evans in the lottery, it's pretty much curtains for her. Sad

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/07/21 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember 6'10 Hungarian player Bernadett Hatar? The Fever are (again) attempting to bring her over to the States this year. Per the .com's transactions page, she has signed a training camp contract.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/18/21 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This must be an extension because Mitchell was already signed for this season as far as I know.
https://fever.wnba.com/news/kelsey-mitchell-multi-year-contract-fever/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/07/21 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/vanderbilt-basketball/article/21146975/vanderbilt-fires-womens-hoops-coach-stephanie-white

Stephanie White out at Vandy.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/07/21 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/vanderbilt-basketball/article/21146975/vanderbilt-fires-womens-hoops-coach-stephanie-white

Perfect replacement for Stanley.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/07/21 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

some coaches are just better at the pro level. But boy, did she ever fail at Vandy!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/07/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

some coaches are just better at the pro level. But boy, did she ever fail at Vandy!

I am as big a fan of Steph as you will find, but the only successful coaching stint in her career (head or assistant) was when she was coaching Tamika Catchings. That will go a long way toward making anyone look good.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/07/21 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, good for her that she parlayed one good year with the Fever into a 5 year paycheck with Vanderbilt. It'll be interesting to see what she does next. I feel like she'd have to go the assistant route either in college or the W to work back to a HC position with either.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/07/21 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I mean, good for her that she parlayed one good year with the Fever into a 5 year paycheck with Vanderbilt. It'll be interesting to see what she does next. I feel like she'd have to go the assistant route either in college or the W to work back to a HC position with either.

I would love to see her on the ESPN team. She used to do some of the Fever games (before she was coaching there), and she is fantastic in that role.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/07/21 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Unless Tamika Catchings comes out of retirement, I can't imagine her being successful with the Fever

PostPosted: 04/07/21 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/IndianaFever/status/1379875715122872321

Vicki Hall as an assistant coach.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So. Uh. When do the Fever start thinking about a new GM? Embarassed

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy trying to be this season's Liberty with 7 drafted players on their squad?
Doubt Chagas comes over but who knows Laughing
I also realize they won't all make this team lol

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
So. Uh. When do the Fever start thinking about a new GM? Embarassed

In January 2021 they should have been. Ummmm but realistically 1 more year. Otherwise, see ya later Catchings!

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/15/21 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana Fever | 2021 WNBA Draft Press Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQR-x54V3LY

PostPosted: 04/16/21 2:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UBOUlzlmGp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/16/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Listened to the press conf.

Maybe its just me but, this kid is coming off conceited as a mofo. Yeah, you got picked in the lottery when wanna be mocks had you in the 2nd - 3rd round. But, I don't hear a 'humble' soul (her word) at all.

Let's see what you do

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: