RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigmont

PostPosted: 04/16/21 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm curious-

Why would you trade Burke for Aaliyah Wilson? You have like 8 small guards now.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/21 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
I'm curious-

Why would you trade Burke for Aaliyah Wilson? You have like 8 small guards now.

She’s listed at 5’11.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/16/21 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Listened to the press conf.

Maybe its just me but, this kid is coming off conceited as a mofo. Yeah, you got picked in the lottery when wanna be mocks had you in the 2nd - 3rd round. But, I don't hear a 'humble' soul (her word) at all.

Let's see what you do

Oh come on you can't judge her based on that one reaction video. That had to have been a hug shock and she deserves 27 seconds of unfettered celebratory joy at home with her mom. I would hate to think what I would do if my reaction to such big news was filmed. (Honestly I'd just look really awkward and probably wouldn't do anything because I'd be self-conscious lmao.)

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Maybe its just me but, this kid is coming off conceited as a mofo. Yeah, you got picked in the lottery when wanna be mocks had you in the 2nd - 3rd round. But, I don't hear a 'humble' soul (her word) at all.

Let's see what you do

Oh come on you can't judge her based on that one reaction video. That had to have been a hug shock and she deserves 27 seconds of unfettered celebratory joy at home with her mom. I would hate to think what I would do if my reaction to such big news was filmed. (Honestly I'd just look really awkward and probably wouldn't do anything because I'd be self-conscious lmao.)

Exactly, you'd be shocked, can barely hear the questions being asked of you. That's not what happened. But, I watch all Indy games - ready to see her work

PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Let's see what you do

Exactly, you'd be shocked, can barely hear the questions being asked of you. That's not what happened. But, I watch all Indy games - ready to see her work

That's how I'd react, but I'm saying you can't judge someone for have a more extroverted reaction.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbbEB8lSgE

I feel for the girl , she's been through a lot ! Congrats Kyser or however you spell it Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/16/21 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel line the Indiana draft is the most inexplicable of 2021.

Hey, it could turn out fine, or at least no worse than some other teams, but right now it really does look strange ...

PostPosted: 04/16/21 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Hey, it could turn out fine, or at least no worse than some other teams, but right now it really does look strange ...

There's no reason to think it is anything but a disaster. At least it's a bad draft class, so maybe we didn't miss out on too much, but Catching gets a big fat F on this bunch of nonsense.

Being a great player doesn't have anything to do with being an even serviceable GM, and maybe Indiana is learning they should have taken someone better prepared for this kind of job? And the problem is as long as Indiana has a fan base, Catch will be virtually untouchable, not matter how bad she is at the job.

And so far she is really bad at it.

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/16/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ClayK wrote:

There's no reason to think it is anything but a disaster. At least it's a bad draft class, so maybe we didn't miss out on too much, but Catching gets a big fat F on this bunch of nonsense.

Being a great player doesn't have anything to do with being an even serviceable GM, and maybe Indiana is learning they should have taken someone better prepared for this kind of job? And the problem is as long as Indiana has a fan base, Catch will be virtually untouchable, not matter how bad she is at the job.

And so far she is really bad at it.
I totally concur. The biggest problem with womens basketball on most levels is that they have relied entirely too much on in house hiring at all levels and positions. While the mens side has done some of that as well, it is not at the level that we see in womens basketball.

More often than not, average players who are real fans of the game make better coaches than some really talented ones. Some examples on the mens isde were Larry Bird and Bill Russel. Most of the coaching jobs were filled with people you never heard of as players. The same can be said for management positions. But with the women this is not so. Most of the positions are filled entirely with ex players. Partially because they did not have the a none player womens fan pool to draw from. You find a lot of non athlete men fans but very few women.

if they really insisted on using womens basketball as a medium for hiring women they could have done so by searching for qualified women outside of their former players and coaches clicks. I am sure they could have found plenty of smart gals who were just fans and actually had the abilties and more important the common sense necessary to do the job. Often the best people come from and bring perspectives from outside the inbreeding boxes that become established over time in each sport.

PostPosted: 04/26/21 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxi9rETT84k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/21 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

April 26, 2021
Indiana Fever: Chanelle Molina – Waived

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/09/21 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know it is a preseason game, but I am certainly intrigued by the 16 points from Chelsea Perry today.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/09/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I know it is a preseason game, but I am certainly intrigued by the 16 points from Chelsea Perry today.

She has a really nice game inside out or outside in with decent size and good athleticism. I think she dropped lower than I expected because this year she missed a bunch of games with some kind of injury and she played for a minor, but I think she's a gem in the rough. Don't know if there is room on the roster for her, but it's great she showed out in her opportunity.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/09/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
I know it is a preseason game, but I am certainly intrigued by the 16 points from Chelsey Perry today.

She has a really nice game inside out or outside in with decent size and good athleticism. I think she dropped lower than I expected because this year she missed a bunch of games with some kind of injury and she played for a minor, but I think she's a gem in the rough. Don't know if there is room on the roster for her, but it's great she showed out in her opportunity.

There should still be room. McCowan, Cox, Lavender, and probably Breland are safe, theoretically leaving one open post spot. However, none of those players could really play the 3 if they had to. With Perry's outside shooting ability and somewhat undersized stature (6'2), she could be their 5th post with the "flex-ability" to be an emergency SF imo.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/10/21 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

In an Around the Rim podcast, LaChina Robinson selected her as the first non Power 5 player to be drafted.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/21 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

In an Around the Rim podcast, LaChina Robinson selected her as the first non Power 5 player to be drafted.

She was wrong. Not including international players, Perry was the third non-P5 player drafted. Only one was drafted ahead of the third round (Micaela Kelly).

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/10/21 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just bought a pod of two single game tickets for the May 21st game against Atlanta. Cool Cool Cool

Shades

PostPosted: 05/13/21 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana Fever suspended the contract of Bernadett Határ»Temporary
Indiana Fever suspended the contract of Julie Allemand»Full season

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/13/21 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow so Perry survives
and Wilson like Watts flips the bird at the highest draftee to be waived poll

opening day

D-Rob/Gondrezick/Allen
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Vivians/Perry/Wilson
Lavender/Breland
McCowan/Cox

Shades

PostPosted: 05/13/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
wow so Perry survives

You only care about opening day and not final roster? They put Hatar on temp suspension for a reason. She’s in Indianapolis.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/17/21 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana waives Chelsey Perry and activates Bernadett Hatar.

Now, McCowan has someone to look up at. Smile

PostPosted: 05/17/21 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Indiana waives Chelsey Perry and activates Bernadett Hatar.

Now, McCowan has someone to look up at. Smile

That should be fun on the practice court!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/17/21 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was intrigued by Perry - disappointed to see this even though it was expected.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/17/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
wow so Perry survives

You only care about opening day and not final roster? They put Hatar on temp suspension for a reason. She’s in Indianapolis.

Well yeah I wrote the comment opening day.

Now that she is cut my comment is

Wow that didn't last long.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/22/21 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/IndianaFever/status/1395786742075101191

Maybe if she signs herself to a player contract, they might win a game?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: