RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Professional Women's Hockey League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/08/23 5:27 pm    ::: Professional Women's Hockey League Reply Reply with quote

A discussion of the new Professional Women's Hockey League (PWHL), which was officially founded in late-August 2023. There will be six teams that are all owned by the same person: Mark Walter, who also co-owns the Los Angeles Dodgers of the MLB and Chelsea F.C. of the Premier League.

The PWHL bought out the previous women's ice hockey league, the Premier Hockey Federation. The season starts in January 2024.

The teams will be located in: Boston, Minnesota, Montreal, New York, Ottawa, and Toronto. I don't know if there will be a nickname for the teams yet. But preseason rosters have already been posted.

The league's website: https://www.thepwhl.com/

Discussion:
https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nhl/san-jose-sharks/tara-scott-alan-discuss-upcoming-inaugural-pwhl-season/1679437/

PostPosted: 12/09/23 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the looks of it, they're not going to have nicknames or even individual logos yet.

I'm not a fan of this "New York" franchise playing half their home games in Connecticut.

PostPosted: 12/09/23 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't support this league. The PHF was on its way to becoming a solid, respectable league. This group, more or less, bought out the PHF, their teams and locked out some of the former players from being able to play in the PWHL. No thanks. And to start off their first year not actually playing in cities that the teams are named after? And the teams don't have names or logos?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: