RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rayshard Brooks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/20 11:30 am    ::: Rayshard Brooks Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5imM40d5Fs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 06/14/20 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He's drunk. Not sure that merits an arrest. Get him to call someone to come pick him up and write him a ticket.

PostPosted: 06/14/20 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edited down version using multiple cams.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hnRuWcgflaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Three cases of dumb here:
1. Resisting arrest by Brooks, but that shouldn’t get you killed on a DUI case.
2. You have two officers on one guy. Why do you need to pull out your taser for close range like that. Just concentrate on wrestling the guy down. He ended up getting the taser pulled away from him.
3. Shooting Brooks in the back while he was trying to get away. Yes, he pointed the taser while running away at the pursuing officer and shot at a distance he wasn’t going to hit anything. Yes, it’s embarrassing that he got away from two cops with your taser, but you don’t have to kill him for it.

Last edited by Shades on 06/14/20 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/20 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s what happened to the Wendy’s where this all happened. Somebody from Wendy’s called the cops on Brooks for falling asleep while waiting in line at the drive-thru.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/osqCKSUfpOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 06/14/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/angelacab13/status/1272019327126994951

Quote:
A WHITE girl set the Wendy’s fire. And we caught her on tape. Share this before they blame us.

PostPosted: 06/14/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
He's drunk. Not sure that merits an arrest. Get him to call someone to come pick him up and write him a ticket.

In my area the police can arrest you if you are sitting in a car (may have to be behind the wheel or the only person in the car) parked in a parking lot or street curbside, motor off, but your blood alcohol is above the legal limit. In the Wendy’s case he had to have driven, but I have read about cases where someone leaves a bar or party, gets in their car, and decides to let their blood alcohol decline before driving and they have been arrested.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/14/20 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

In my area the police can arrest you if you are sitting in a car (may have to be behind the wheel or the only person in the car) parked in a parking lot or street curbside, motor off, but your blood alcohol is above the legal limit. In the Wendy’s case he had to have driven, but I have read about cases where someone leaves a bar or party, gets in their car, and decides to let their blood alcohol decline before driving and they have been arrested.

They can, but they don't have to.

In any event, they had his license and his phone and his car. They weren't going to have a problem picking him up later. There was no need to shoot him as he ran.

PostPosted: 06/15/20 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump calls shooting death of Rayshard Brooks 'very disturbing'

Quote:
“I thought it was a terrible situation,” Trump said Monday during a roundtable event at the White House. “To me it was very disturbing.”

Quote:
"They put George Floyd in handcuffs and he was subsequently killed,” Stewart said. “So just getting put in handcuffs if you’re African American doesn’t mean, oh, you’re going to get nicely taken to the back of a police car.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-calls-shooting-death-of-rayshard-brooks-very-disturbing/ar-BB15wFnB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 06/15/20 8:18 pm    ::: Re: Rayshard Brooks Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a05e9DF8Cio" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/a05e9DF8Cio

PostPosted: 06/16/20 11:40 am    ::: Re: Rayshard Brooks Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="660" height="371" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PH4r1ql8l5o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4r1ql8l5o

PostPosted: 06/17/20 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow="autoplay; fullscreen" src="https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%3D%3D" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 06/17/20 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

They can, but they don't have to.

I don't think that drunk driving is an offense that would normally be overlooked these days. People die from drunk drivers, it is a serious offense.

Quote:
In any event, they had his license and his phone and his car. They weren't going to have a problem picking him up later. There was no need to shoot him as he ran.

Agree, but that is what cops do when you run. They need to have their body cameras on at all times with penalty of termination if not. Cameras are the answer to all modern crime and bad behavior. There was a case near me where the cop shot a guy climbing over a fence (I think the fact that the guy fell and died there prevented any other story). They were behind a building and the cop decided to make an arrest and the guy ran away and he was shot climbing the fence because he "appeared to be reaching for a gun", but no gun was found and it is implausible that someone would wait till they were going up a fence to reach for a gun.

Last edited by tfan on 06/17/20 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/17/20 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn’t you used to be a cop, pilight?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/17/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Ghod, no.

tfan wrote:
I don't think that drunk driving is an offense that would normally be overlooked these days. People die from drunk drivers, it is a serious offense.

He was off the road. There was no danger to the public unless he got back behind the wheel. He probably wouldn't have gotten jail time for it. It certainly doesn't merit a death sentence.

PostPosted: 06/17/20 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rayshard Brooks was kicked, denied medical care: The stunning allegations against ex-Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe

Quote:
As Rayshard Brooks lay dying in a Wendy's parking lot — shot twice in the back — Atlanta police officers kicked him and stood on his body, according to Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard.

Quote:
Officers must provide "timely" medical attention after a person is injured in a shooting, Howard said. "But after Mr. Brooks was shot, for some period of two minutes and 12 seconds, there was no medical attention applied to Mr. Brooks."

Quote:
Howard called Rolfe's reaction to the shooting an "excited utterance" — a technical term for something a person says in the heat of a moment that carries high legal significance.

"At the time that the shot was fired, the utterance made by Officer Rolfe was 'I got him,'" the DA said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rayshard-brooks-was-kicked-denied-medical-care-the-stunning-allegations-against-ex-atlanta-police-officer-garrett-rolfe/ar-BB15D7iN?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 06/17/20 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Ghod, no.

tfan wrote:

He was off the road. There was no danger to the public unless he got back behind the wheel. He probably wouldn't have gotten jail time for it. It certainly doesn't merit a death sentence.

How long and how often are people going to continue to fall back on this fallacious argument that the initial reason for a police intervention didn’t warrant the citizen in so many of these cases to be ‘sentenced’ to death? Nobody is suggesting that it did. And no one pronounced a death ‘sentence’ on the guy.

PostPosted: 06/17/20 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uR5bgXeEDbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 06/17/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
How long and how often are people going to continue to fall back on this fallacious argument that the initial reason for a police intervention didn’t warrant the citizen in so many of these cases to be ‘sentenced’ to death? Nobody is suggesting that it did. And no one pronounced a death ‘sentence’ on the guy.

As long and as often as people end up dead from these encounters with cops.

PostPosted: 06/18/20 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

tfan wrote:

But he was "sentenced to death" for violently resisting arrest, not for driving drunk.

Last edited by tfan on 06/19/20 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 06/18/20 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

tfan wrote:

But he was sentenced to death for resisting arrest, not for driving drunk.

That doesn't deserve a death sentence either

PostPosted: 06/18/20 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

tfan wrote:

But he was sentenced to death for resisting arrest, not for driving drunk.

That doesn't deserve a death sentence either

A death sentence that involved, apparently, having his dying body kicked and medical assistance withheld.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/18/20 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

As long and as often as people end up dead from these encounters with cops.

Pilight, I'm sure of two things. One is that you could recite every logical fallacy there is off the top of your head and the other is that it would take me hours to even reacquaint myself with the ones I once might have been familiar with.

Come on with the death sentence stuff. Rolling Eyes It's nothing but inflammatory hyperbole.

I'm not familiar with the laws or police training there in GA but are police officers in that jurisdiction charged with the job of taking into custody drivers who fail a breathalyzer test? Is that what the city, state, or county government has determined is their job and what it is DEMANDED of them to do in these circumstances?

I think in most every police jurisdiction in the United States that would be the case. It is the job of the police to apprehend intoxicated drivers everywhere, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Do we want to change that? Is that on the table now? I'm genuinely confused about that part of this. Is there an objection to the idea that the police should even be doing this as a matter of their assigned duties? I certainly don't think the police should be chasing drunk drivers in cars.

Okay, whatever on that for a second. I'm assuming however that we aren't there yet in terms of the law or the actual day to day responsibilities of law enforcement and we were not operating as a society under some new rules about this at the time of this incident that dictates that down in Georgia the police are not to take people who fail breathalyzer tests into custody.

???

If not then the police in this incident were doing the jobs the county or city or state pays them to actually do. They were called because of a driver passed out in the drive-thru line at Wendy's and determined he was legally drunk and proceeded to attempt to take him into custody as is the responsibilities of the positions their employers and the good people of that jurisdiction are paying them to do.

As captured on camera, they were polite with this person. Professional. Not at all the bad or aggressive or antagonizing version of police that we KNOW are out there who shouldn't be in those positions.

And then this person decided to physically fight the police to apparently escape being apprehended by them as are the dictates of our society in these circumstances. He became violent. He wrestled both officers to the ground and punched at least one of them in the face. He then wrestled away and took possession of one of their weapons. A potentially deadly weapon that is designed to incapacitate those it is used upon and he then TRIED to use it on an officer which could have incapacitated that officer and led to a violent suspect then taking that officer's firearm.

So what does all this mean in the moment to the human beings whose job it is to deal with people like this? I'm wondering if anyone here has ever done a truly dangerous job as a career choice. So for these cops, they've signed onto a dangerous career right from the get-go. But most of it is probably not overtly dangerous. But it is when things go sideways that cops know they are more likely to die. When a member of the public becomes violent with them to the degree of punching them in the face and wrestling away their weapons from them they are then in serious danger of being killed or maimed.

These are human beings. We now have women in uniform doing these exact same jobs. They are tough and dangerous jobs that we all greatly benefit from someone else doing. So you're taking a guy into custody as is your assigned responsibility to do in these circumstances and SUDDENLY now you're fighting FOR YOUR LIFE. The guy wrestles himself away from you and your partner, punching you in the face in the process, grabs a weapon from you and now makes his escape. You know the saying, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Except, there's a heck of a lot of people who have never been punched in the mouth.

So this guy takes off after violently escaping your custody, with your taser, you chase after him, he turns and fires the taser wildly at your face, and in that moment you shoot him. I don't know. I really don't have an answer. I truly understand how things go sideways. I did a dangerous job in a dangerous place. Just walking into the Seamless Tube Dept of J&L Steel was dangerous and I was low-rung laborer who did the dirty and dangerous jobs. In three years never once did anything ever come close to going sideways on me. As fucked up as that place was, it was by and large a controlled environment. But I've seen SO many things go sideways in my life in other circumstances that happen in environments that are not controlled. Almost always, alcohol is a factor, as it was in this case.

I don't know how many times these guys have done their job in a day and nothing went sideways on them that put their life in imminent danger. But they were simply doing their jobs as has been assigned to them and they were doing it politely and professionally and suddenly a violent person became violent with them in order to stop them from doing the job that they have been tasked with by society. The circumstances for them personally, the surprise of one moment routinely doing their jobs and the next fighting for their lives? I'm having a very hard time looking at these murder charges in this case as being justified.

As long as people physically fight the police, I'm going to expect and I think society is going to continue to demand that the police overcome those violent criminals. And if you're confused, once you fight the police, violently resisting arrest, you're a criminal. And we know now this guy was a criminal before this incident. He was on probation.

So here we have people saying he was sentenced to death and that he didn't deserve to be sentenced to death because of a DUI. He wasn't sentenced to death at all. That's inflammatory language and saying it is simply about inflaming the conversation around this incident. Hey, gang. Let's say he was sentenced to death for a DUI. Ready, set, go. Weeeeee. Isn't that fun?

Cops were reacting in the moment to a violent and desperate man, as they have been doing throughout their existence. It is the most dangerous part of a dangerous job and this guy had overpowered them, assaulted them, and was getting away with one of their deadly weapons and then he whirled around and fired it at one of them and he got shot.

This case is a loser, like Michael Brown/Ferguson. Politically it's beyond a disaster and will help re-elect the most dangerous president we've ever had. As I said here at some point last year, LONG before the events of this last four weeks, THIS election is going to come down to are you on the side of the police or are you on the side of criminals? And I certainly didn't know when I wrote that here that this last month was going to happen. But here we are in an election year and this is now the choice we are going to give the American people. Look out for their answer in November and don't say I didn't warn you.

PostPosted: 06/18/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/18/20 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SJQStSDYyjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/20 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLFwnl0UGZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: