RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

George Floyd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/05/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
The owner of a fairly large nightclub in Minneapolis has come forward saying George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked together as security guards at her club. She said that Chauvin worked for her for (I think) 16 years. Floyd for (I believe) two years. Even one night together is plenty enough time for a beef to have developed. It doesn’t look anything like that though from the videos. But that prior connection is a really odd element. This lady also described Chauvin as quick tempered and seemed scared a lot of the time and quick to just mace everyone. She said that there were no less than eight security guards working on any given night at her place. That’s a good sized club.

George Floyd's brother is now saying he thinks this was premeditated based on George and Chauvin having worked together at this nightclub.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Habeas Corpus suspended in NYC

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2020/06/04/a-crisis-within-a-crisis-manhattan-judge-rules-some-delay-from-arrest-to-arraignment-is-reasonable/?slreturn=20200505144450

Quote:
New York County Supreme Court Justice James Burke on Thursday denied a writ filed by New York’s Legal Aid Society, refusing to release people detained for longer than 24 hours between arrest and arraignment — a group that has numbered above 100 for most of the week.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If anyone can bring this to life appropriately here, thank you.
This....
https://apis.mail.aol.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-iD-NzV20DxiPMxlclcucEP5QPFl7tTbuuhSSqJstASPhns_Avl74hhK7uISz1zhp-OZtZrw2rULBXQ-scIJXZQ/messages/@.id==AG49KfpSGeKUXtqhcAPA8FpnpuM/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appId=aolwebmail&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

....in response to THIS.

Hellacious.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If only Trump had been quoted verbatim, in context, his entire life, everything would be different.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
If only Trump had been quoted verbatim, in context, his entire life, everything would be different.

You’re still trolling me, man. Following around my comments on this message board with sarcasm that demeans my perspective with one or two sentences of your own. If I dare to mention Trump, you’re right there. If I call him a monster that threatens to destroy our democracy you have a problem with how I think we got here. You don’t want to converse with me. You want to follow me around on a lonely ass message board on the internet indirectly trolling me and seeing how much you can get away with. That’s what Twitter is for, bro. Not this message board.

This is what you’re doing with your life man! You’ve been doing this to me FOREVER. The only reason you’re still here is because I‘ve felt SORRY for whatever kind of life you have that this is what you choose to do with your time. You’ve been trolling on Rebkells forever. Luuuc banned you two times before I did last year. And dude, I don’t know how many times you were banned before that. This isn’t about sharing opinions to which you’re entitled. This, for you, is about prodding and jabbing people for expressing their opinions.

But I’m not done with you yet. I’m going to deconstruct you, who you are and what your effect is on this message board. Because I don’t feel sorry for you anymore.

PostPosted: 06/06/20 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QzT-E5nQ9n4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/QzT-E5nQ9n4

PostPosted: 06/06/20 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/06/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle announced a 30 day ban on tear gas. Reportedly this is because they ran out and don't expect any more within that time frame.

PostPosted: 06/06/20 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toilet paper, ventilators, and tear gas shortages. What a year 2020 has been.

PostPosted: 06/07/20 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Toilet paper, ventilators, and tear gas shortages. What a year 2020 has been.

I would say it's a good time to invest in tear gas manufacturers, but none of them are publicly traded

PostPosted: 06/07/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tmMosjRS6tw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 06/07/20 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear America

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/lisa-leslie-dear-america-racism

Quote:
I’m from Compton, California. The inner city. I’m old enough to remember the brutal beating of Rodney King by the LAPD. That was a horrible, horrible time. It was my sophomore year at USC and I barely made it home before the riots began. Seeing that kind of brutality with my own eyes was disgusting, yet we continue to see officers beat down innocent protestors today. How can that be?

PostPosted: 06/07/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/07/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/07/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two Buffalo Police ERT members say resignation was not in solidarity with suspended officers

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/exclusive-two-buffalo-police-ert-members-say-resignation-was-not-in-solidarity-with-suspended-officers

Quote:
“We quit because our union said [they] aren’t legally backing us anymore. So why would we stand on a line for the City with no legal backing if something [were to] happen? Has nothing to do with us supporting,” said another.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, to find that police unions lie to the public

PostPosted: 06/08/20 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle shooter is the brother of a Seattle cop

https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2020/06/his-brother-works-here-at-this-precinct-police-say-capitol-hill-protest-shooting-suspect-was-fearing-for-his-life/

Quote:
According to court records, Fernandez pleaded guilty in 2011 to a fourth degree assault charge stemming from a fight with a former schoolmate.

PostPosted: 06/09/20 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somebody being presidential by speaking at the George Floyd memorial in Houston. Everybody knows Trump would be incapable of this.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NQyUNHpTYdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/20 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saw this live. Starts out slow but really builds up.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vnU-diweedE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sambista

PostPosted: 06/11/20 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

someone just sent this to me, even though it was produced for proctor & gamble one year ago this month. fitting for the global conversation we're having. and not pointing fingers at anyone on rebkell's - honestly - but if you haven't been the object of these "looks," you can't possibly understand how deep the wounds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aC7lbdD1hq0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i've been through all of them, except the car window roll-up. i've been shadowed in stores, and was stopped after leaving a nordstrom and ordered to empty my purse by a store detective. (it was the '60s, i was young, and i was so terrified that i complied without even considering what my rights might be.) i've had doors and elevator doors closed on me. when my stepsister and i drove cross-country from berkeley, we stopped at a motel in bakersfield to rest and have a swim in the pool to cool off. as soon as we got in the pool, a white woman started screaming at her two young kids to get out of the pool. screaming. when i lived in portland, oregon, i was called the n-word more than a dozen times, sometimes while i was standing in my own backyard. oh, and when i was on a family vacation in union pier, michigan, my cousin and i were walking along a road, and a car went speeding by with some guys shouting and laughing. once they passed, we realized one of them was wielding a sword outside the car window, close enough to have reached us. we ran home crying, and what did my mother do? she scolded us for not walking on the road facing traffic.

and i'm just one person. millions of people have millions of similar stories.

"get over it"? that shit, my friends, never goes away.

PostPosted: 06/11/20 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pDKqOkefku0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 06/11/20 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

Thank you for sharing that, sambista. Anecdotal stories like those are sadly unfamiliar to most Americans.

A few years back, I befriended a black gal while we both took the same CNA class. We became personal friends, and occasionally did lunch or dinner together, sometimes with our spouses. She lives a few miles from me, in Reading, PA....a city with many people of color.

As we became more familiar, I was shocked to hear how, even in this day and age, she still felt the need to always be wary of things like staying away from establishments (restaurants, mostly) that had a reputation for making blacks uncomfortable. And that's not even 'scary' by comparison.

That was really my first glimpse into the everyday life of an average person of color. Hardly enviable.

PostPosted: 06/11/20 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
sambista wrote:

Thank you for sharing that, sambista. Anecdotal stories like those are sadly unfamiliar to most Americans.

A few years back, I befriended a black gal while we both took the same CNA class. We became personal friends, and occasionally did lunch or dinner together, sometimes with our spouses. She lives a few miles from me, in Reading, PA....a city with many people of color.

As we became more familiar, I was shocked to hear how, even in this day and age, she still felt the need to always be wary of things like staying away from establishments (restaurants, mostly) that had a reputation for making blacks uncomfortable. And that's not even 'scary' by comparison.

That was really my first glimpse into the everyday life of an average person of color. Hardly enviable.

the friend who shared that video with me - she and i've been texting back and forth about it, and we were both recalling incidents of discrimination/harassment that we've never, ever shared with people. not with other black folk (they've heard it before, had it happen to themselves), not with white folk (wouldn't understand, too exasperating), not even with other family members (shame???).

some episodes, howee, are just so . . . ordinary in the lives of white folk that they would never recognize them as flashpoints for people of color. POC can be accused of dwelling on their color, framing their lives around their color, but the fact is that so much about america never lets you forget your color.

when i was in jersey city last year, after friend helped me move my things out of storage, i treated him to lunch. the place was huge, like a warehouse, with picnic tables and benches. there was a separate area in the corner, a bar. it was pretty well set off with walls but clearly still part of the bigger eatery. we were sitting there eating, and from the bar came all this raucous noise - laughing, shouting, singing, loud music from another era, good times. someone was having a party there. and my friend said, "listen to that. must be nice to be privileged." we both knew that if those had been black folk, playing black music that loud and folks making that kinda noise - so loud you could hear it in the dining area - someone would be complaining to high heaven. those are the kind of episodes that . . . the shit can just fly right over your head. what some people (can) do as a matter of course isn't tolerated when people of color do it. or people of color wouldn't even try after second-guessing.

it's like trump's minions saying they don't think there's systematic racism in america. even people who, by their best efforts, are not racist often can't see it because they have no experience or point of reference. i'd like to think that, by virtue of these sustained protests, that they involve such a diverse cross-section, that they are global, maybe now some people will consider the truths within, even if they can't be imagined firsthand.

PostPosted: 06/11/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pDKqOkefku0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is why i love me some anderson cooper.

PostPosted: 06/12/20 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Derek Chauvin: Officer charged with killing George Floyd still eligible for pension worth more than $1 million

Quote:
Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin could receive more than $1 million in pension benefits during his retirement years even if he is convicted of killing George Floyd.

Quote:
"Neither our Board nor our staff have the discretion to increase, decrease, deny or revoke benefits," a spokeswoman said. "Any changes to current law would need to be done through the legislative process."

Quote:
But even these laws wouldn't touch the many officers accused of police brutality who are never convicted or even charged with a crime. Many were also passed in the past decade and usually wouldn't apply to officers hired before the laws were enacted, researchers noted.

"Pension forfeiture for misconduct is pretty rare," said D. Bruce Johnsen, a law professor at George Mason University and one of the authors of the research.

"With this terrible tragedy it might be a good time to push in this direction," he added, saying that the specific situations that would allow for forfeiture would have to be carefully defined.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/derek-chauvin-officer-charged-with-killing-george-floyd-still-eligible-for-pension-worth-more-than-dollar1-million/ar-BB15nVm2?ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 06/12/20 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked

$1M+ is a LOT even for a good cop who's not a murderer. That's a good gig!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: