RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

George Floyd
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/20 1:11 pm    ::: George Floyd Reply Reply with quote

Another police abuse case.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fZkKlFN6Vys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 05/26/20 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/minneapolis-police-fired-george-floyd_n_5ecd6b6fc5b61682e552c2df

Quote:
Four Minneapolis police officers were fired Tuesday following the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died on Monday after an officer kneeled on his neck while he was handcuffed on the ground, shouting that he couldn’t breathe.

PostPosted: 05/26/20 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Longer more graphic video.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1-THpUcg6wE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Howee

PostPosted: 05/26/20 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep doing this.

It's things like this one in Minneapolis that I point out to the people who tell me they still hold a grudge against Mechelle Obama cuz she said her husband's election was the first time she felt proud of her country.

PostPosted: 05/27/20 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/27/20 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="660" height="371" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tr1y-6vtMbo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr1y-6vtMbo

PostPosted: 05/28/20 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H_hxmNh1iTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/28/20 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so many white people, so many assholes.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/29/20 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QgLuq6maMQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/29/20 3:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

George Floyd had a WNBA connection

Cyril N. White wrote:
Used to take #GeorgeFloyd to play scout squad vs @WNBA Houston Comets! @AllDecade14 Big Fella was a scholarship athlete and played with my program 2-3 years after college. RIP Big Floyd 🌹 They did you wrong man 😤 #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd

https://twitter.com/tgbtgsports/status/1265644939146342400

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

minny state police just arrested cnn reporter omar jimenez while he was on the air! on video! he was just standing there. and he said - several times - "just tell us where you want us to go, and we will."

and now, while live on tv, they're arresting the whole cnn crew - producer, cameraman and a fourth crew member.

unfuckingbelievable.

"they were standing where they were told to stand. we don't know why they were arrested," said anchor alisyn camerota.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, ok. i get it. a news reporter can be handcuffed and taken into custody without explanation, during live tv coverage, but the guy who clearly choked a man to death, a man who was prone on the ground, handcuffed behind his back, can't be taken into custody until they figure out the charges.

wait. i don't get it. not at all.

well, i do, but . . .

oh, and by the way, the reporter who was taken into custody, omar jimenez, is brown-skinned. his colleague, josh campbell, reporting just a few yards away, is white, and he hasn't been touched.

Last edited by sambista on 05/29/20 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
oh, ok. i get it. a news reporter can be handcuffed and taken into custody without explanation, during live tv coverage, but the guy who clearly choked a man to death, a man who was prone on the ground, handcuffed behind his back, can't be taken into custody until they figure out the charges.

well, i do, but . . .

This is Exactly Why there is so much RAGE...this (display with the press) is nothing compared to what they do in black and brown communities.The press has a constitutional right to be there,just like we have the protections to not be subject to summary execution.

sambista

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:
sambista wrote:

well, i do, but . . .

This is Exactly Why there is so much RAGE...this (display with the press) is nothing compared to what they do in black and brown communities.The press has a constitutional right to be there,just like we have the protections to not be subject to summary execution.

if you had seen the incident live, as i did, you'd have heard jimenez say several times (paraphrasing), "where do you want us to be? just tell us where you want us, and we'll go there." no one would answer him.

confiscated cnn videocam is still rolling. it's in one of the police vehicles.

dumb asses. i hope someone, several people, get kicked to the curb for this. today. and they can take those officers into custody today, while they're at it.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Mysticwiz wrote:
sambista wrote:

well, i do, but . . .

if you had seen the incident live, as i did, you'd have heard jimenez say several times (paraphrasing), "where do you want us to be? just tell us where you want us, and we'll go there." no one would answer him.

dumb asses. i hope someone, several people, get kicked to the curb for this. today. and they can take those officers into custody today, while they're at it.

i saw it live,we NEVER get a WHY..its obey or else...

sambista

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:
sambista wrote:
Mysticwiz wrote:
sambista wrote:

well, i do, but . . .

i saw it live,we NEVER get a WHY..its obey or else...

now they're saying the cnn crew was taken into custody because they didn't comply.

we're in a trump world. we SAW what we SAW, and we HEARD what we HEARD (which was nothing from the police, nothing to comply with). but go ahead and lie about it, despite evidence to the contrary, and the facts may change.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

governor apparently saw to it the cnn crew was released. he said it was wrong, shouldn't have happened, but he called it "inadvertent." i don't think so.

and the cnn videocam was running the whole time, right up to (and continuing) when the crew was finally free and outside the police station. amazing.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I read a bunch of people from around the country on some show say that there is nothing in the police manual about putting knees on necks. But someone in the Minnesota or Minneapolis beauracracy or political establishment appeared to imply that it was and needed to be reviewed. Is there a definitive answer on that? I haven’t watched the video so don’t know what they could have been doing that required a knee on the neck for minutes. Once handcuffs are on he goes in the squad car??

It seems that there had been a “stand down” order to the police. A police station that had a fence erected around it was broken into and burned. I think they said that the police decided to abandon the building once it was broken into, but they may have done so earlier.

sambista

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I read a bunch of people from around the country on some show say that there is nothing in the police manual about putting knees on necks. But someone in the Minnesota or Minneapolis beauracracy or political establishment appeared to imply that it was and needed to be reviewed. Is there a definitive answer on that? I haven’t watched the video so don’t know what they could have been doing that required a knee on the neck for minutes. Once handcuffs are on he goes in the squad car??

It seems that there had been a “stand down” order to the police. A police station that had a fence erected around it was broken into and burned. I think they said that the police decided to abandon the building once it was broken into, but they may have done so earlier.

not that i want to waste my time on this, but you can probably find what you need here. no condition even comes close to applying or to justify what happened.

http://www.minneapolismn.gov/police/policy/mpdpolicy_5-300_5-300

the bottom line is that there was no reason, whatsoever, to have a knee on this man's neck because he was neither a threat to anyone nor capable of endangering the officers' lives. he was face down on the ground. prone. handcuffed behind his back. what could he have possibly done? surrounded by four officers with guns?

now i'm mad at myself for wasting my time.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-video-appears-show-george-floyd-ground-three-officers-n1217476

Quote:
The footage was filmed from the opposite side of the street from where a white officer pressed his knee onto Floyd's neck in the Memorial Day incident. The new video appears to have been recorded just prior to the initial video.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-video-appears-show-george-floyd-ground-three-officers-n1217476

Quote:
The footage was filmed from the opposite side of the street from where a white officer pressed his knee onto Floyd's neck in the Memorial Day incident. The new video appears to have been recorded just prior to the initial video.

oh. my. god.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The owner of a fairly large nightclub in Minneapolis has come forward saying George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked together as security guards at her club. She said that Chauvin worked for her for (I think) 16 years. Floyd for (I believe) two years. Even one night together is plenty enough time for a beef to have developed. It doesn’t look anything like that though from the videos. But that prior connection is a really odd element. This lady also described Chauvin as quick tempered and seemed scared a lot of the time and quick to just mace everyone. She said that there were no less than eight security guards working on any given night at her place. That’s a good sized club.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: