RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Celebrity Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/20 9:06 pm    ::: Coronavirus Celebrity Watch Reply Reply with quote

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-coronavirus-1203531498/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/11/20 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/12/20 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hanks and I are close in age and we both have Type 2 diabetes (diabetes is given as a condition putting people with COVID-19 more at risk). So I was encouraged to read he and his wife had mild symptoms. But they are both in isolation in the hospital right now, anonymously listed in the records as in stable condition. But their wealth and/or fame may have been a factor in getting hospitalized. He was living in a rented apartment. Apparently coincidentally, the first COVID-19 victim in that state in Australia also lived in that building (Oracle Building in Broadbeach).

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/12/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-isolated-in-australian-hospital-amid-coronavirus/

Last edited by tfan on 03/13/20 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/12/20 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Hanks and I are close in age and we both have Type 2 diabetes (diabetes is given as a condition putting people with COVID-19 more at risk). So I was encouraged to read he and his wife had mild symptoms. But they are both in isolation in the hospital right now, anonymously listed in the records as in stable condition. But their wealth and/or fame may have been a factor in getting hospitalized. He was filming so may have been living in a rented house/apartment, but could have also been at a hotel.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/12/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-isolated-in-australian-hospital-amid-coronavirus/

We've been lucky to not have many cases of it down here yet, so our health system has plenty of capacity at the moment. (Even here though, the testing aspect of it has been a shambles)
But if you're going to get it here, now is the smart time to do so Wink

PostPosted: 03/12/20 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
tfan wrote:
Hanks and I are close in age and we both have Type 2 diabetes (diabetes is given as a condition putting people with COVID-19 more at risk). So I was encouraged to read he and his wife had mild symptoms. But they are both in isolation in the hospital right now, anonymously listed in the records as in stable condition. But their wealth and/or fame may have been a factor in getting hospitalized. He was filming so may have been living in a rented house/apartment, but could have also been at a hotel.

We've been lucky to not have many cases of it down here yet, so our health system has plenty of capacity at the moment. (Even here though, the testing aspect of it has been a shambles)

I don’t know. Not a scientist or doctor... but looking at the map I’m thinking something does seem seasonal about this bug.

PostPosted: 03/12/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
tfan wrote:

I don’t know. Not a scientist or doctor... but looking at the map I’m thinking something does seem seasonal about this bug.

There may well be, and plenty have been speculating on that from the start, but IMO it's way too soon to observe any pattern in that regard given that it's still in the spreading stage and not yet close to any kind of equilibrium.
Australia might be an important data point for that since it is still the tail end of summer here, it is yet to really take hold, and due to our relative delay in it exploding here we've had more time than most countries to prepare testing & treatment facilities, so hopefully the data that comes out of here will be meaningful.
So yeah I'm not sure how much of our lowish infection rate is due to our isolation, and how much is just the time of year that this thing started.
The next couple of weeks will probably reveal a bit, since we've only recently hit the 100 people infected milestone that a few of the tracking charts are using as a base point.

PostPosted: 03/12/20 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Close enough to a celebrity....
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Prime Minister's Office said late Thursday, saying she will remain in isolation.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5495001

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/13/20 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well. Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell.

PostPosted: 03/13/20 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Australia's Minister for Home Affairs, Peter Dutton (the one with the potato head), at the White House on I think March 7th. Today he tested positive for Covid.
I'm going to say thank you just in case he got it over there. He's one of our most disliked politicians. Go get tested, Ivanka.

PostPosted: 03/13/20 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahem. The President of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro.

I’ll swap this out for a smaller pic later. For now, I think the size is completely appropriate.

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 03/13/20 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/13/20 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seeing Donny in a thread about celebrities ... it takes me back to the good times ...

Size of photo is indeed indicative of size of deal that this is until proven that it is not.
45 strikes me as the type of guy who would think it's cool to have "super" as part of his description, even if it's superspreader.

PostPosted: 03/13/20 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bolsonaro reportedly has tested negative for the virus. then again, bolsonaro has the same relationship with the truth as tripe does.

PostPosted: 03/13/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well. Now Brazil is claiming their Prez doesn’t have it and that the test came back negative and it sounds like the positive test result for the previously reported on press aid might also be reversed on reconsideration.

Can’t imagine why they wouldn’t want to be credited with transmitting coronavirus to the most powerful human on the planet who happens to also be one of the most vindictive but ... your guess is as good as mine as to what might actually be the truth here.

Pic is going back to that place on the internet where really big pictures can live their quad-x lives in comfort. Just like the rest of us. Wink

PostPosted: 03/16/20 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idris Elba Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Quote:
Idris Elba is the latest celebrity to test positive for the coronavirus. He made the announcement Monday.

“This morning I tested positive for Covid 19,” he wrote. “I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.”

The U.K. star joins a list of actors who have tested positive the last week, including Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson and former Bond girl Olga Kurylenko.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/idris-elba-coronavirus-1203535677/

PostPosted: 03/16/20 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Well. Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell.

Christian Wood. The Pistons played the Jazz a few days before Gobert's status was known.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/16/20 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3rd Hour of Today Employee Has Coronavirus, Al Roker and Craig Melvin Off as a Precaution

Quote:
Overnight, NBC was informed that a member of the 3rd Hour of Today has been diagnosed with the respiratory virus, according to a press release. As the company investigates who came into contact with the coworker, employees on that team were asked to work from home, and personalities Al Roker and Craig Melvin did not appear on Monday morning’s broadcast.

“Before we go further, a personal note for this show: Last night we learned that a colleague of ours on the third hour of Today has tested positive for COVID-19, the novel coronavirus,” said Savannah Guthrie during Monday’s show. “So out of an abundance of caution, Craig and Al have taken the morning off so we can trace their contacts, see what’s going on with them. We promise to keep you posted, both are fine right now, they feel good.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/3rd-hour-today-employee-coronavirus-131259553.html

PostPosted: 03/16/20 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Donation

PostPosted: 03/17/20 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Winter Has Come. Game Of Thrones Tough Guy Tormund Has Coronavirus - See Actor Kristofer Hivju's Post

Quote:
Not even giant's milk is guarantee against COVID-19.Game Of Thrones actor Kristofer Hivju, who played fan favourite Tormund Giantsbane (leader of the Free Folks), has tested positive for Coronavirus. The 41-year-old actor shared a note on Instagram revealing that he is self-isolating at home in Norway and that he has no symptoms other than a mild cold.
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/17/20 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/17/20 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

I read an article about these NBA players and the first thing that came to my mind is how they managed to take tests -- or were permitted to take tests -- when they were not symptomatic.

All the guidance from Drs. Birx and Fauci is to the effect that only the symptomatic should be seeking tests, so that the newly ramping up system isn't overwhelmed by asymptomatic people. And, as Justintyme's experience shows, even being symptomatic is not a sufficient qualification for testing in Minnesota at this time.

Is there some special rule for NBA multimillionaires?
toad455

PostPosted: 03/17/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

I read an article about these NBA players and the first thing that came to my mind is how they managed to take tests -- or were permitted to take tests -- when they were not symptomatic.

All the guidance from Drs. Birx and Fauci is to the effect that only the symptomatic should be seeking tests, so that the newly ramping up system isn't overwhelmed by asymptomatic people. And, as Justintyme's experience shows, even being symptomatic is not a sufficient qualification for testing in Minnesota at this time.

Is there some special rule for NBA multimillionaires?

From what I've gathered is the teams are paying for the tests.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/17/20 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 Nets players have it including Kevin Durant he never even got on the floor this season, he must've got it in the post game handshake line

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/17/20 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
3 Nets players have it including Kevin Durant he never even got on the floor this season, he must've got it in the post game handshake line

In hindsight, someplace where he didn’t need to be.

PostPosted: 03/17/20 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Nets' players and staff are all in isolation/quarantine. I don't believe the Nets had played the Jazz recently, but they had played the Lakers in their final game, and the Lakers are now in voluntary isolation pending their test results.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/18/20 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gospel singer Sandi Patty test positive.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/entertainment-news/gospel-singer-sandi-patty-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: