RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Kavanaugh Hearings: This is a good spoof
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/10/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
<iframe width="646" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N34hehRgw9g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was incredible. Thanks for sharing this.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I'll repeat- it's like arguing with a dementia sufferer.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.

My self-interests are voting against people who take my hard-earned money and distribute it to losers like you.

The Koch Bros/Ruppert Murdoch/Fossil Fuel/Evangelical Rightwing Cabal has them so brainwashed, most consistently vote against their own self-interests.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
<iframe width="646" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N34hehRgw9g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was incredible. Thanks for sharing this.

You're welcome.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

My self-interests are voting against people who take my hard-earned money and distribute it to losers like you.

Please remind me, who is name calling??

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/10/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Please remind me, who is name calling??

They dish it out, I can dish it right back. Not what I want, but I'm tired of being on the receiving end of this nonsense.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/10/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
As enlightening and constructive and generally awesome as this thread is, its participants will still be deactivated if the name-calling continues.

And yet you all allow a highly offensive avatar to continue to exist...

PostPosted: 10/10/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I could ridicule you for days about this post alone, but since there's been a call to tone down the rhetoric, I won't.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/10/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I could ridicule you for days about this post alone, but since there's been a call to tone down the rhetoric, I won't.

и хороший день для вас тоже

PostPosted: 10/10/18 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why was cthskzfn banned, and why was no email to that effect sent?

Howee

PostPosted: 10/10/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

He was?? <sigh!> The inconsistencies. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps we might see a list of The Dirty Words cthskzfn uttered, so as to not repeat them.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

He was?? <sigh!> The inconsistencies. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps we might see a list of The Dirty Words cthskzfn uttered, so as to not repeat them.

I think it is like Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties, it is not the instigator that faces the punishment, it's the retaliation that is caught.

So when someone posts inflammatory rhetoric meant to get a rise out of people, it ends with the victims of the trolling being punished for reacting. While the reacting is not good, it is the understandable consequence of allowing buttons to be intentionally pushed over and over again.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I haven't noticed one, and no one has reported one to me, so yes, I guess I do.

If anyone has an issue with something here then my PM box door is always open.

PostPosted: 10/10/18 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned

Is it really not obvious?
If I feel that things are getting too nasty in a thread, and ask in that thread for the personal attacks to stop, and someone posts a personal attack on another poster in that same thread within the hour! ... goodnesss ... that is literally asking for it. It's not even giving me a choice.

huskiemaniac wrote:
and why was no email to that effect sent?

Why would one be sent? I don't believe that has ever been part of the procedure and don't see why it would be necessary.

PostPosted: 10/12/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned

If I feel that things are getting too nasty in a thread, and ask in that thread for the personal attacks to stop, and someone posts a personal attack on another poster in that same thread within the hour! ... goodnesss ... that is literally asking for it. It's not even giving me a choice.

Your first mistake is to assume the warning was seen.

Secondly, of course you have a choice- you're the moderator. Your hand isn't being forced.

To ban someone who has been on this board longer than you, for such a sketchy "offense", seems more like a personal thing.

In terms of poor taste- I find your signature sophomoric.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Warning, NSFW language

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xh_9QhRzJEs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 10/12/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Nope, not a mistake. If my warning wasn't seen then that's not on me. I'm not going to request individual confirmation from every member of the board any time a warning is posted. It's just not practical.

huskiemaniac wrote:
Secondly, of course you have a choice- you're the moderator. Your hand isn't being forced.

If I did make a mistake, it was probably to be lenient enough to post the warning instead of just reaching straight for the ban button.
This area is too toxic IMO. Especially when it comes to anything remotely to do with politics.

huskiemaniac wrote:
To ban someone who has been on this board longer than you, for such a sketchy "offense", seems more like a personal thing.

LOL @ the "longer than you" thing. I need enlightening of the relevance of those extra few months.
Personal thing? Like because he bullied me in high school or something? I don't get what that accusation even means. The only way I "know" 95+% of people here is based on the words they post. The only way I can moderate is based on what they post.

Not attacking other people shouldn't be too much to ask here.
There's like 7 billion other people you're allowed to go after, so do that.
If you can't handle a topic here without saying something nasty about another poster then maybe just excuse yourself from it, because is it really that important in your life that you get that personal shot in?
If you think someone is posting utter garbage then just ignore it. Give it the respect it deserves and scroll on past. Why even waste your day getting angry enough to get personal about it in response?

And if you feel that someone else is really being offensive on this board, to you, to someone else, or in general, then send me a PM.

PostPosted: 10/13/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
why was cthskzfn banned

Yes, sophomoric and also racist.

So cthskzfn was banned for calling someone a dementia sufferer? He has been called names in this thread too. I searched for a warning in this thread and it appears to be a general warning to all. As huskymaniac mentioned, if you thought cthskzfn was on the verge, then a PM would have been nice. It may not be in the policy, but it would have been reasonable.

Bring cthskzfn back (maybe after 30 days?)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/13/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
So cthskzfn was banned for calling someone a dementia sufferer? He has been called names in this thread too.

Yes he was. Which is not cool. Thus my general warning post to all.

taropatch wrote:
I searched for a warning in this thread and it appears to be a general warning to all.

Yes it was. And people seemed to get the message. Except one. So ...

taropatch wrote:
As huskymaniac mentioned, if you thought cthskzfn was on the verge, then a PM would have been nice.

Yes, I could try to PM the entire board, so that the next person banned couldn't come back with "but I got no warning", or I could just post a message that everyone can see.
I've got double-digit PMs sitting in my Outbox right now. As in, have been sent, but never opened by the recipient. PMs are not a guaranteed way to reach someone.

taropatch wrote:
Bring cthskzfn back (maybe after 30 days?)

Just to be clear, we're not going to permaban someone for a one-off thing like that.

PostPosted: 10/22/18 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Republicans initially got a positive bounce from the Kavanaugh hearings. But Five Thirty Eight predicts that their mid-term chances not only went back to where they were pre-Kavanaugh, they have now declined to the lowest level (14.9% chances or retaining House) yet.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/22/18 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That margin seems to have increased quite swiftly over the past fortnight

PostPosted: 10/22/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Republicans initially got a positive bounce from the Kavanaugh hearings. But Five Thirty Eight predicts that their mid-term chances not only went back to where they were pre-Kavanaugh, they have now declined to the lowest level (14.9% chances or retaining House) yet.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

The Senate chances haven't recovered, though that seems to be basically because of North Dakota and Tennessee, two states that always and still seem like Democratic longshots.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/22/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd guess the Dems have little chance of taking back the senate. I doubt they'll even have a net gain of seats. It could very well end up Reps +2 this cycle.

The Dems will pick up some house seats, probably 20-25. Minimum +11, max about +40.

PostPosted: 10/22/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn remains banned.

His 2nd email to the moderator, sent 11 days ago, asking if the ban was permanent, has received no reply.

Two days later, on the 13th, (see above), the moderator suggested the ban might be temporary.

In the 9 days since, cthskzfn has received no notification of any kind. He, myself, and others, think a more straightforward line of communication is preferable.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/22/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I'd guess the Dems have little chance of taking back the senate. I doubt they'll even have a net gain of seats. It could very well end up Reps +2 this cycle.

The Dems will pick up some house seats, probably 20-25. Minimum +11, max about +40.

Andddd....the majority of people didn't believe Donald was gonna win, too. Shocked Razz

(....remind me, did 538 pick him 2 years ago?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: