RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/15 11:00 pm    ::: 2016 WNBA Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote

Draftsite.com has its 2016 first round mock draft up without the proper draft order as of yet.
http://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2016/

I'll post a screencap of the initial mock draft to see how it changes.

Here's their draft ranking of 40 players.
http://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite/mock-drafts/wnba/2016/player-rankings/

I believe UConn's Tuck won't make herself available in this draft.
They have Kahleah Copper ranked 38th. I like her a lot more than that.

1. SEA
2. SAN
3. CON
4. ATL
--------
5. DAL (from LAS in Williams trade)
6. LAS (from DAL in Phillips trade)
7. WAS
8. PHX
9. IND
10. CHI
11. ATL (from MIN in Fowles trade)
12. NYL

13. ATL (from SAN in Logic trade)
14. MIN (from SEA in Wright trade)
15. CON
16. ATL
17. LAS
18. DAL
19. WAS
20. PHX
21. IND
22. MIN (from CHI in de Souza trade)
23. CON (from MIN in Jones trade)
24. NYL

25. SAN
26. SEA
27. CON
28. ATL
29. LAS
30. DAL
31. WAS
32. PHX
33. IND
34. CHI
35. MIN
36. NYL

Prominent underclassmen who could declare early
Lexie Brown DUK *Sitting out this season per transfer rules, so unlikely
Nina Davis BAY
Alexis Jones BAY
Kelsey Plum WAS
Aerial Powers MSU
Morgan Tuck CON *Already stated publicly that she's pursuing a Masters degree

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/01/16 5:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/15 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
While there is still some mystery surrounding which team will get the No. 1 pick, there is no such drama surrounding the player expected to be taken.

Stewart is expected to join Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Tina Charles as former UConn stars to be taken No. 1.

Quote:
While the Sun would jump for joy if they were to land Stewart, getting players like UConn point guard Moriah Jefferson or South Carolina wing Tiffany Mitchell would give the team another young star to build around.

“I don’t know what we need and that is why I am excited for this draft,” Ogwumike said. “It could be anybody, but I think we need somebody who has a high-intensity motor.”

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150914/wnba-draft-lottery-will-determine-future-of-uconns-breanna-stewart

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/15 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prospects Nation Top 10 players as of 4/08/15
1. Stewart
2. Alleyne
3. Jefferson
4. Mitchell
5. Williams (USF)
6. Bulgak
7. Tuck (eligibility remaining)
8. Graves
9. Williams (TAMU)
10. Holmes

http://prospectsnation.com/story/2016-wnba-elite-10-draft-board-march-20

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Full disclosure I don't really know that much about the college game I'm a semi interested follower.

It is way too early to predict, so here is my first prediction

with the 12th pick in the 2016 draft the NYL select Xylina McDaniels from UNC

jlight

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can we still get Banham or is she gone before 14th pick.

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:

That will probably be dependent on how she comes back from her injury and how the rest of the season plays out, injuries, improvements, lack of improvement, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if she were an early 2nd round pick though, I could see her being there when the Lynx pick.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/15 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
jlight wrote:

That will probably be dependent on how she comes back from her injury and how the rest of the season plays out, injuries, improvements, lack of improvement, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if she were an early 2nd round pick though, I could see her being there when the Lynx pick.

Sorry - Dream will take her at 13 - right before the Lynx pick.

Laughing

Seriously, I thought she was talked about as a higher pick, say around 6-12, before she decided not to come out for the 2015 draft. Has her stock fallen, or is this just a stronger draft?

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/15/15 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty this year has shown that you need to look at the college players very carefully. Look deeper than the top 10 players. Are college coaches using their players in a way that shows their strengths?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/15 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
jlight wrote:

Sorry - Dream will take her at 13 - right before the Lynx pick.

Laughing

Seriously, I thought she was talked about as a higher pick, say around 6-12, before she decided not to come out for the 2015 draft. Has her stock fallen, or is this just a stronger draft?

An ACL injury can do that. Just have to wait and see how she does in her senior year. She might have to become more of the offense for the Gophers since Zahui is no longer there.

Last edited by Shades on 09/15/15 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 09/15/15 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my problem with this draft is it seems very deep with post players. The sad fact is that teams from #5 - #8 don't need post help, they need guard/wing help. So we might see players like Bulgak, Alleyne, Jones, McGee-Stafford & Hamblin drop to the late-first round or even second round. or they're drafted and traded.

My very early mock draft
1. Seattle - B. Stewart
2. San Antonio - C. Williams (Texas A&M)
3. Connecticut - M. Jefferson
4. Atlanta - T. Mitchell
5. Los Angeles - J. Alleyne
6. Tulsa - C. Williams (USF)
7. Washington - N. Johnson (Baylor)
8. Phoenix - A. Bulgak
9. Indiana - R. Hamblin
10. Chicago - I. McGee-Stafford
11. Atlanta - B. Holmes
12. New York - J. Jones

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/15/15 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
my problem with this draft is it seems very deep with post players. The sad fact is that teams from #5 - #8 don't need post help, they need guard/wing help. So we might see players like Bulgak, Alleyne, Jones, McGee-Stafford & Hamblin drop to the late-first round or even second round. or they're drafted and traded.

My very early mock draft
1. Seattle - B. Stewart
2. San Antonio - C. Williams (Texas A&M)
3. Connecticut - M. Jefferson
4. Atlanta - T. Mitchell
5. Los Angeles - J. Alleyne
6. Tulsa - C. Williams (USF)
7. Washington - N. Johnson (Baylor)
8. Phoenix - A. Bulgak
9. Indiana - R. Hamblin
10. Chicago - I. McGee-Stafford
11. Atlanta - B. Holmes
12. New York - J. Jones
I would be pretty angry if we picked C.Williams at #2. Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If that draft order plays out, Atlanta should try to trade up to the No. 2 spot, since SA doesn't need Jefferson. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure that we really need Mitchell - Hayes and Shoni provide scoring/shooting from the guard position. I'd probably go for the best player available - even a post, since we Lyttle is not getting any younger, Dantas probably won't be around much next year and Henry is not looking like she's up to a starting role. If the Sun do end up with Jefferson, then maybe they would consider a trade for Chelsea Gray.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Full disclosure I don't really know that much about the college game I'm a semi interested follower.

IMO McDaniel is a poison pen type player. me, me, me...who has trouble making shots but no trouble in shooting them whenever she touches the ball. This year she will be happy since every other good player has left the team so she can be the centerpiece.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If that draft order plays out, Atlanta should try to trade up to the No. 2 spot, since SA doesn't need Jefferson. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure that we really need Mitchell - Hayes and Shoni provide scoring/shooting from the guard position. I'd probably go for the best player available - even a post, since we Lyttle is not getting any younger, Dantas probably won't be around much next year and Henry is not looking like she's up to a starting role. If the Sun do end up with Jefferson, then maybe they would consider a trade for Chelsea Gray.

Tiffany Mitchell is easily the best player available at #4 in the scenario above. Besides, we could corner the market in shooting guards named Tiffany!

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

We'd have to see how McDaniel recovers from surgery, which was for some nebulous "lower leg" injury. Also, the picture below makes me wonder if she is really 6-2 since Little is supposed to be 6-2. Xylina is wearing high heals, Camille is wearing platforms. It's just a matter of whether Camille's shoes really add that much more height. Otherwise, I like the fact that McDaniel is a post with genuine 3-point range. If she's healthy and really 6-2, I'd be happy with McDaniel at #12.

Edit: I guess I should have checked the numbers first. Xylina shot 41.2% from three as a sophomore, but only 18.2% as a freshman and 18.5% in 12 games as a junior. So, who knows if that one year was a fluke.

I also wouldn't mind trying to acquire Little if the Sun find themselves with too many posts (Bone, Chiney, E.Williams, Pederson, Lacy, maybe Griffin). She would fit the Liberty style, and Camile could reunite with her pals Tanisha and Swin.

PostPosted: 09/15/15 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Lyttle and #4 for #2?

Too much? Too Lyttle?

Atlanta goes young and rebuilds, can draft Mo Jeff and grab posts to go with Gray, Dantas, Burdick and Henry with the #10 and #13 picks.

SA adds Lyttle who plays with N'dour in Spain and can replace some of Young-Malcolm minutes and SA can still get someone pretty good at #4.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/15 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Randy wrote:

Lyttle and #4 for #2?

Too much? Too Lyttle?

Both! Not worth it for the small difference between #2 & #4

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/15/15 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Randy wrote:

Lyttle and #4 for #2?

Too much? Too Lyttle?

Both! Not worth it for the small difference between #2 & #4

IDK, if you finally want to solve your PG problem long term, and you think Jefferson is that solution it might be worth it. Also Jefferson won't fall to #4 so unless you want to experiment with a late first round PG (and it hasn't worked out yet) you have the same exact problem Atlanta had this year.

Also Lyttle is really good but she is in the tail end of her career. How many more years do you have her, and you moved on from De Souza so it might be time to completely rebuild the front-court.

Maybe Atlanta could get someone thrown in, Colson, Alexander, Montgomery?

And on the flip-side Lyttle would be a nice fit and veteran leader in SA, and SA needs more than just a high draft pick this season (unless it is #1) to solve their roster problems. Get Lyttle and draft Mitchell or Williams at #4 to fill out the wing, for a PG you don't really need.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta finished 8-5 over the last stretch of the season. They're not that far from being a good team again, so I doubt they would trade Lyttle to totally rebuild. You might be able to get a Niya Johnson or Rachel Theriot down at 11 or 13. Both are very skilled playmakers, and Theriot is also a good shooter. Obviously, there are question marks surrounding both or they wouldn't be available so late. Johnson only averages 7.3 ppg and she doesn't appear to be anthing more than an average athlete. Theriot is a self-described shy person who is skinny and also not the greatest athlete. However, she's 6-0 so you could always move her to SG if she fails at PG. I think they're good value picks with upside, and a better alternative than tearing your team apart just to get Jefferson. And then you'd still have that #4 pick.

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If ATL has designs on East playoffs next year, they need to hold onto Lyttle.
They're promising but Dantas, Henry, and Gray aren't a playoff rotation for a while.

I believe ATL should commit to Schimmel as their PG and stop with this musical PG ish. Where would Sloot be at if CHI played musical PG's during her struggles?

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="root_thing"]Atlanta finished 8-5 over the last stretch of the season. They're not that far from being a good team again, so I doubt they would trade Lyttle to totally rebuild. You might be able to get a Niya Johnson or Rachel Theriot down at 11 or 13. Both are very skilled playmakers, and Theriot is also a good shooter. Obviously, there are question marks surrounding both or they wouldn't be available so late. Johnson only averages 7.3 ppg and she doesn't appear to be anthing more than an average athlete. Theriot is a self-described shy person who is skinny and also not the greatest athlete. However, she's 6-0 so you could always move her to SG if she fails at PG. I think they're good value picks with upside, and a better alternative than tearing your team apart just to get Jefferson. And then you'd still have that #4 pick.[/quote]

I'm not as sanguine about that. Dream were 3-14 against teams that won 20 games or more (NY, IN, Chi, MN, PHO) and 12-5 against everyone else. 7 of our wins came against DC, Tulsa and LA. Parker didn't play in either LA game. Tulsa was in its 10 game skid and we just have DC's number. DC is not really that good anyway. Atlanta is a long way from being a contender.

As for trading Lyttle - could happen but first I'm not sure of her FA status, second - she's older than Malcom-Young so I'm not sure how attractive she would be to a rebuilding team like SA. I was thinking more like the No. 4 and No. 11 picks for example. Plus - if you have a good PG you need someone who she can pass the ball to in the post. Without Lyttle we wouldn't have that player anymore. Dantas might be a trade possibility since she probably won't be around much next season. Lyttle is so much better than our other posts I think they would hang onto her until her game falls off and then trade her like Erika.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I believe ATL should commit to Schimmel as their PG and stop with this musical PG ish. Where would Sloot be at if CHI played musical PG's during her struggles?

Did Sloot ever come in to camp 30 pounds overweight?

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good point pilight. I seem to recall that Sloot went to a Point Guard training program, put on muscle and worked on her game a lot in the off season.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Did Sloot ever come in to camp 30 pounds overweight?

Coming to camp 30 pounds overweight shows a lack of desire, and discipline to play in the WNBA.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/15/15 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Shoni will play overseas this year, though I've not seen anything about her signing with a team yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 1 of 63

Jump to: