RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Men's Basketball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/07/12 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It always amuses me when people complain about Argentineans being dirty. That's what they do in all sports at every level. Now the US players are no saints either. Each one of those guys has a cheap shot or two in their resumes, that's how you send a message sometimes. At least it wasn't Kevin stepping on Scola's face this time...

PostPosted: 08/07/12 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
It always amuses me when people complain about Argentineans being dirty. That's what they do in all sports at every level. Now the US players are no saints either. Each one of those guys has a cheap shot or two in their resumes, that's how you send a message sometimes. At least it wasn't Kevin stepping on Scola's face this time...

The difference is that Kevin Love stepped on Scola's face in the NBA, not in the Olympics. Idea

No one remembers Cappie being sent home for posting a racist tweet, do they? Question

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/08/12 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like someone has a case of selective memory when it comes to these matters--or will you just blame Cappie for this as well?

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/14/olympics.photo.spain.basketball/

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/08/12 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope these punks from Spain crash and burn. Diving in basketball? Really? Batum's punch was bush league, but Rudy acting like he got shot? THEY should be playing Argentina, not us. Arghh...

PostPosted: 08/08/12 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very interesting how a team goes from "we're going to beat Team USA" to "we're going to do whatever we can to avoid having to play Team USA until the finals (should we make it that far)" in two weeks. I am a fan of Team USA first and every team that faces Spain second.

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/08/12 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It makes me sad that we were robbed of a Chris Paul/Nic Batum nutshot-shootout for gold.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Asked why he did it, Batum said, "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop."

*Tears*

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19755065/nicolas-batum-takes-a-swing-at-juan-carlos-navarro's-groin

Mathies to LA 2013
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/08/12 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Quote:

*Tears*

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19755065/nicolas-batum-takes-a-swing-at-juan-carlos-navarro's-groin

Someone forgot to tell him that he isn't just representing himself, but a whole nation. He just gave his country's selection committee a reason not to invite him back again. Especially, since he was unapologetic in his response.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/08/12 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Someone forgot to tell him that he isn't just representing himself, but a whole nation. He just gave his country's selection committee a reason not to invite him back again. Especially, since he was unapologetic in his response.

Chris Paul just did the same thing two days ago. If CP3 wants to go Rio, our committee won't hold it against him. So why would France's committee--which has far less NBA talent at its disposal--react that harshly to Batum? He may receive a suspension of some sort and will serve it out, but he'll be in Rio if France qualifies.

Mathies to LA 2013
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/08/12 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Chris Paul just did the same thing two days ago. If CP3 wants to go Rio, our committee won't hold it against him. So why would France's committee--which has far less NBA talent at its disposal--react that harshly to Batum? He may receive a suspension of some sort and will serve it out, but he'll be in Rio if France qualifies.

I didn't see the Team USA game on Monday? Did Chris do it on purpose? You're probably right about all of the above. I just find Batum to be strange.

Something is wrong with his ass. He got overpaid this summer by Minnesota and refused to go back to Portland. However, Portland matched and he's still talking shit about Portland. He also said when asked if he was overpaid that people in America think he's overpaid but not in his country. I was like then take your ass back to your fucking country. You guys stink and Argentina is the shit. I would have tanked too if I had to play Argentina vs France.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/08/12 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

I didn't see the Team USA game on Monday? Did Chris do it on purpose? You're probably right about all of the above. I just find Batum to be strange.

Something is wrong with his ass. He got overpaid this summer by Minnesota and refused to go back to Portland. However, Portland matched and he's still talking shit about Portland. He also said when asked if he was overpaid that people in America think he's overpaid but not in his country. I was like then take your ass back to your fucking country. You guys stink and Argentina is the shit. I would have tanked too if I had to play Argentina vs France.

I didn't see the game on Monday, but those who did claimed that Chris Paul did the same thing. Given his history in the ACC and NBA, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. If people claimed he did it, he most likely did it. He's a great player, but he's also a dick.

That said, I'm no fan of Batum and don't condone what he did. I do, however, think it's funny that a bunch of supposedly heterosexual grown men are going around punching each other in the junk. They look absolutely ridiculous out there.

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/08/12 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alex is one dumb player...Brazil could win if they made their freaking FT's.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would of liked to see him try that BS on Ibaka or Marc Gasol..

If you want to get back at a flopper go at Rudy Miss Floppy. I didnt like that hit on Navarro(maybe because im biased cuz he is my fave player of Spain) He should of been thrown out

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/08/12 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rudy hurt himself diving and wasn't on the floor at the time.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Russia stomps a mud hole in Spain Twisted Evil

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/08/12 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Rudy hurt himself diving and wasn't on the floor at the time.

Looks to me like Batum got the players mixed up. Because he said:
"Batum said, "I wanted to give him a good reason to flop."

Like he thought Navarro already flopped in this game wich wasnt the case. Both obvious flops were from Rudy. And if you watch carefully when Navarro is shooting his FT's you can see Batum talking to the ref that he was flopping before.

I just hate that a whiny flopping crybaby like Rudy gets away with it and maybe the player with the most class on that team gets punched/punished for it Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/08/12 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And not that I would ever suggest that FIBA refs might buy into the NBA hype machine - or that the US would really need it - but it sure did feel like the US got every single damn call in the quarter against Australia tonight. Solid performance from the Aussies keeping it reasonably competitive for a long while though. Hell of a lot better than Canada did in the equivalent women's game.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
And not that I would ever suggest that FIBA refs might buy into the NBA hype machine - or that the US would really need it - but it sure did feel like the US got every single damn call in the quarter against Australia tonight. Solid performance from the Aussies keeping it reasonably competitive for a long while though. Hell of a lot better than Canada did in the equivalent women's game.

I didn't have much problem with the refs. That looked like about the hardest hitting game of basketball I've ever seen. The Boomers were playing Australian Rules basketball, delivering some real body blows to start the game. More than anything, I thought they punched themselves out by the fourth quarter, no longer able to keep up in transition. Plus Kobe rediscovering his deep shot, of course.

PostPosted: 08/08/12 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
And not that I would ever suggest that FIBA refs might buy into the NBA hype machine - or that the US would really need it - but it sure did feel like the US got every single damn call in the quarter against Australia tonight.

Yeah, the reffing wasn't too popular down here either let me tell you!
(Not that it matters much - the result was never remotely in doubt)

PostPosted: 08/08/12 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Quote:

*Tears*

after seeing this, i'm so glad portland matched the timberwolves offer. i do not want this clown on my team. this is a disgrace.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/09/12 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Quote:

*Tears*

On the bright side, if Batum gets kicked off the French national team, he can always join the Argentinian team.. Laughing

norwester

PostPosted: 08/09/12 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I just hate that a whiny flopping crybaby like Rudy gets away with it and maybe the player with the most class on that team gets punched/punished for it Confused

Right? A non-chartiable, immature part of me understands the desire to lay a real hit on a guy who's flopping all game, but pick your target correctly, dude. Shocked (PS This statement is not meant to condone deliberate violence in basketball).

PostPosted: 08/09/12 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this the thing now in international men's basketball? Guess the men will have to start wearing cups.

Last edited by TonyL222 on 08/09/12 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dinkytown

PostPosted: 08/09/12 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

after seeing this, i'm so glad portland matched the timberwolves offer. i do not want this clown on my team. this is a disgrace.

That's exactly my thought also!

jaye

PostPosted: 08/09/12 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:
Is this the thing now in international men's vasketball? Guess the men will have to start wearing cups.

this.... Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: