RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Women's Basketball Schedule & Results
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/23/12 7:38 am    ::: Women's Basketball Schedule & Results Reply Reply with quote

Results

Day 1:
China 66 - Czech Republic 57 Boxscore
Russia 58 - Canada 53 Boxscore
Turkey 72 - Angola 50 Boxscore
United States 81 - Croatia 56 Boxscore
France 73 - Brazil 58 Boxscore
Australia 74 - Great Britain 58 Boxscore

Day 2:
China 83 - Croatia 58 Boxscore
Turkey 61 - Czech Republic 57 Boxscore
France 74 - Australia 70 (OT) Boxscore
Russia 69 - Brazil 59 Boxscore
Canada 73 - Great Britain 65 Boxscore
United States 90 - Angola 38 Boxscore

Day 3:
France 64 - Canada 60 Boxscore
China 76 - Angola 52 Boxscore
Australia 67 - Brazil 61 Boxscore
Russia 67 - Great Britain 61 Boxscore
Czech Republic 89 - Croatia 70 Boxscore
United States 89 - Turkey 58 Boxscore

Day 4:
Croatia 75 - Angola 56 Boxscore
Australia 70 - Russia 66 Boxscore
Canada 79 - Brazil 73 Boxscore
Turkey 82 - China 55 Boxscore
France 80 - Great Britain 77 (OT) Boxscore
United States 88 - Czech Republic 61 Boxscore

Day 5:
France 65 - Russia 54 Boxscore
Czech Republic 82 - Angola 47 Boxscore
Australia 72 - Canada 63 Boxscore
United States 114 - China 66 Boxscore
Turkey 70 - Croatia 65 Boxscore
Brazil 78 - Great Britain 66 Boxscore

Quarter Finals:
United States 91 - Canada 48 Boxscore
Australia 75 - China 60 Boxscore
Russia 66 - Turkey 63 Boxscore
France 71 - Czech Republic 68 Boxscore

Semi Finals:
United States 86 - Australia 73 Boxscore
France 81 - Russia 64 Boxscore

Bronze Medal Match:
Australia 83 - Russia 74 Boxscore

Gold Medal Match:
United States 86 - France 50
Boxscore

Standings (After the qualifying stage)
Code:
Team            W L  F   A    Diff
----------------------------------
Group A:
United States   5 0  462 279  +183
Turkey          4 1  343 316  + 27
China           3 2  346 363  - 17
Czech Republic  2 3  346 332  + 14
Croatia         1 4  324 379  - 55
Angola          0 5  243 395  -152
Group B:
France          5 0  356 319  + 37
Australia       4 1  353 322  + 31
Russia          3 2  314 308  +  6
Canada          2 3  328 332  -  4
Brazil          1 4  329 354  - 25
Great Britain   0 5  327 372  - 45

Final Placings
1. United States
2. France
3. Australia
4. Russia
5. Turkey
6. China
7. Czech Republic
8. Canada
9. Brazil
10. Croatia
11. Great Britain
12. Angola

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/01/16 8:55 pm; edited 33 times in total
ucdt3

PostPosted: 07/23/12 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/19046641/nbc-networks-television-schedule-for-the-2012-london-olympics

Every Olympic Basketball game will air in its entirety on NBC's new temporary channel...

NBC Olympic Basketball Channel (check local listings)

Comcast - Ch. 367
DirecTV - Ch. 752
Time Warner Cable - Ch. 449

Team USA-WB's game will also air LIVE on NBC

Quote:
SATURDAY, JULY 28 (Day 1)

NBC

5 a.m. 6 p.m. (ET/PT)

Swimming Qualifying Heats

Men's Cycling Road Race (LIVE)

Beach Volleyball Qualifying Round (LIVE)

Women's Volleyball U.S. vs. South Korea (LIVE)

Women's Basketball U.S. vs. Croatia (LIVE)

Rowing Qualifying Heats

14-time gold medalist Michael Phelps' first swim of the London Games is in the qualifying heats of the 400m individual medley, the first of his four chances to becomethe first male swimmer to win an individual event at three consecutiveOlympics. Daytona Beach, Florida's Ryan Lochte is the reigning world champion and has dominated the event of late, including a head-to-head victory over Phelps at the Olympic Trials.
LIVE coverage of cycling's men's road race provides viewers with a spectacular introduction to London. The road race travels through the heart of central London, with a mix of majestic landmarks and the natural beauty of the Royal Parks included along the way. Great Britain's Mark Cavendish is amongthe favorites, which should add even more energy to the massive crowd expectedto line the streets of London. The Americans field a strong team as well, ledby Taylor Phinney and Tyler Farrar.
LIVE coverage of the U.S. women's volleyball team's first match vs. South Korea. Led by Hugh McCutcheon, who coached the U.S. men to the Olympic title in 2008, the American women are favored to win their first Olympic gold.
LIVE coverage of the U.S. women's basketball team's first game. Led by former UConn stars Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore, the Americans are favored to win their fifth straight Olympic gold medal in London.
Plus, LIVE coverage of beach volleyball, always one of the most electric sports of the Games, from the heart of ceremonial London, at Horse Guards Parade, and the first day of the rowing competition, from prestigious Eton Dorney.

[Every soccer game will air in its entirety on the soccer version...NBC Olympic Soccer Channel]

Last edited by ucdt3 on 07/23/12 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/23/12 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All teams, all schedules, all rosters linked, all in one place.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2012/07/22/2012-london-olympics-womens-basketball/

toad455

PostPosted: 07/23/12 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Group B will be fun to watch. I wonder what kind of upsets we'll see, though I'm still hoping Australia wins the group.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/23/12 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

449 is supposedly the Olympic Basketball Channel (in HD) for Time Warner Cable according to the NY Post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/ultimate_guide_to_the_london_olympics_F0VkjCABJPuXLOeogG7nYP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=TV

PostPosted: 07/23/12 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

America is in Daylight Time, not Standard Time, so is this schedule calculated using Standard Time formulas or is it just mislabeled?

I always omit typing the S or D when giving the time on the game threads because they can't exist at the same time and they cause more confusion than anything. The time purist nerds will probably disagree with me Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/23/12 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
America is in Daylight Time, not Standard Time, so is this schedule calculated using Standard Time formulas or is it just mislabeled?

I always omit typing the S or D when giving the time on the game threads because they can't exist at the same time and they cause more confusion than anything. The time purist nerds will probably disagree with me Smile

Thanks Shades.
I'm pretty sure I got the times right (if someone could confirm then I'd feel better though. The plan is for this important information to be correct!), but I may well have incorrectly labelled the two US time zones. Let me know what to put there and I'll change it. Should it just be ET & PT?

PostPosted: 07/23/12 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, 5 hours difference between UK and US east coast, 8 hours between UK and US west coast. Times are correct for actual clocks in US Eastern and Pacific time zones. Just a matter of what you call them.

PostPosted: 07/23/12 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks to everyone for all the very useful info; especially the comcast channel for wbb. Smile

PostPosted: 07/23/12 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/19046641/nbc-networks-television-schedule-for-the-2012-london-olympics

Every Olympic Basketball game will air in its entirety on NBC's new temporary channel...

Comcast - Ch. 367
DirecTV - Ch. 752

Team USA-WB's game will also air LIVE on NBC

Quote:
SATURDAY, JULY 28 (Day 1)

NBC

5 a.m. 6 p.m. (ET/PT)

Swimming Qualifying Heats

Men's Cycling Road Race (LIVE)

Beach Volleyball Qualifying Round (LIVE)

Women's Volleyball U.S. vs. South Korea (LIVE)

Women's Basketball U.S. vs. Croatia (LIVE)

Rowing Qualifying Heats

14-time gold medalist Michael Phelps' first swim of the London Games is in the qualifying heats of the 400m individual medley, the first of his four chances to becomethe first male swimmer to win an individual event at three consecutiveOlympics. Daytona Beach, Florida's Ryan Lochte is the reigning world champion and has dominated the event of late, including a head-to-head victory over Phelps at the Olympic Trials.
LIVE coverage of cycling's men's road race provides viewers with a spectacular introduction to London. The road race travels through the heart of central London, with a mix of majestic landmarks and the natural beauty of the Royal Parks included along the way. Great Britain's Mark Cavendish is amongthe favorites, which should add even more energy to the massive crowd expectedto line the streets of London. The Americans field a strong team as well, ledby Taylor Phinney and Tyler Farrar.
LIVE coverage of the U.S. women's volleyball team's first match vs. South Korea. Led by Hugh McCutcheon, who coached the U.S. men to the Olympic title in 2008, the American women are favored to win their first Olympic gold.
LIVE coverage of the U.S. women's basketball team's first game. Led by former UConn stars Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore, the Americans are favored to win their fifth straight Olympic gold medal in London.
Plus, LIVE coverage of beach volleyball, always one of the most electric sports of the Games, from the heart of ceremonial London, at Horse Guards Parade, and the first day of the rowing competition, from prestigious Eton Dorney.

[Every soccer game will air in its entirety on the soccer version...NBC Olympic Soccer Channel]

Is the temporary channel 752 for Directv available to all who have Directv or does one need to have the sport pack.

Thanks

ucdt3

PostPosted: 07/24/12 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:

Comcast - Ch. 367
DirecTV - Ch. 752

Is the temporary channel 752 for Directv available to all who have Directv or does one need to have the sport pack.

Thanks

I'm not sure actually. I don't think so, but I guess you can call or just wait until Saturday. Either way you will be able to watch the USA-WB game on Sat since it will also be live on NBC. The NBCOB Channel just allows you to watch ALL the men's & women's basketball games regardless of what countries are playing.
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/25/12 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Comcast basketball and soccer channels are 895 and 896 (East Bay in Northern California).

PostPosted: 07/26/12 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
My Comcast basketball and soccer channels are 895 and 896 (East Bay in Northern California).

same here in seattle area, clay.

all these next channels are for seattle, but check your local listings:

for HD turn to msnbc (661) and nbcsp channel (626), bravo (652), and 105 (nbc).

if you don't have HD, you can tune into channel 5 (nbc), 34 (nbcsp), 47 (msnbc) and 66 (bravo) for other coverage.

if you have 3D capabilities, tune in to 898 to watch games/matches.

PostPosted: 07/26/12 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

That's what they are for me in Minneapolis, too.

ccollin13

PostPosted: 07/26/12 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm dumb about TV things because I don't have cable and have never had cable (pretty shocking for a 24-year-old to say!)

Am I going to be able to watch the USA women's bball games on the regular, farm-o-vision, public-broadcast NBC station? Or do I need this special NBC channel, or cable, or something? I'm guessing there is no internet feed because of the NBC rights.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/26/12 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ccollin13 wrote:
I'm dumb about TV things because I don't have cable and have never had cable (pretty shocking for a 24-year-old to say!)

Am I going to be able to watch the USA women's bball games on the regular, farm-o-vision, public-broadcast NBC station? Or do I need this special NBC channel, or cable, or something? I'm guessing there is no internet feed because of the NBC rights.

NBCOlympics.com will have live streams if you sign up for it.

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/26/12 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
ccollin13 wrote:

Not sure about basketball, but when I tried to get some info for the gymnastics online stream it asked for my cable login info, I think you need to have a cable company that carries NBC and the NBC channels showing the Olympics to watch online.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 07/26/12 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
ccollin13 wrote:

Not sure about basketball, but when I tried to get some info for the gymnastics online stream it asked for my cable login info, I think you need to have a cable company that carries NBC and the NBC channels showing the Olympics to watch online.

don't know about other services, but if you have comcast and are an xfinity customer, you can get the nbcolympics stream. you just need to sign into your xfinity account and you not only get to watch them live, but you can also watch all the archived events. Smile

PostPosted: 07/26/12 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NBC is putting on an additional channel called "NBC Specialty Channel" which I believe will carry some of the women's basketball games. Supposed to be on Dish network channel 147 but my Dish menu doesn't show a channel 147 as of today so maybe that is bad info.

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/28/12 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have U-Verse and it's channel 1096 for basketball and 1097 for soccer.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 07/28/12 3:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here is the live internet link, it should have all the IP's. I had to log into mine.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/video-watch.html?video=womens-group-a-china-vs-czech-republic

PostPosted: 07/28/12 3:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
here is the live internet link, it should have all the IP's. I had to log into mine.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/video-watch.html?video=womens-group-a-china-vs-czech-republic

Is anyone getting commentary, this link has none.

PostPosted: 07/28/12 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Is anyone getting commentary, this link has none.
Isn't it wonderful! Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/28/12 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
NBC is putting on an additional channel called "NBC Specialty Channel" which I believe will carry some of the women's basketball games. Supposed to be on Dish network channel 147 but my Dish menu doesn't show a channel 147 as of today so maybe that is bad info.

You have to have the Dish 250 package to get the extra channel(s) Sad

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 07/28/12 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Through the first day, I'd rate the Olympic basketball channel as a real success. What a treat to be able to watch six international games in one day, all in HD. I even thought the announcers were at least OK, with the Bob Fitzgerald/Anne Meyers duo being my favorite. The Dave Strater (sp?)/Lisa Leslie combo was good, and even Carolyn Peck didn't grate on me too much. Any of them were a lot better than the ill-informed, pretend-we-know-something-about-WBB duo of Mark Jones/Fran Fraschilla that ESPN foisted upon us.

The NBC Livestream, on the other hand, was close to a disaster for me. After watching constant buffering, even at 240p, the stream hung my computer to the point that it took 20 minutes just to get it to shut down. I'm sure a lot of that is because of my old computer and relatively slow internet speed, but either way, I won't be trying that experiment again. Made me wish for WNBA LiveAccess.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: