RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jackie Gemelos makes verbal to USC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:34 am    ::: Jackie Gemelos makes verbal to USC. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.connpost.com/sports/ci_3002444

"SECOND CHOICE — Jacki Gemelos has made another oral commitment. This time her choice is USC.Gemelos, a 6-foot guard from Stockton Calif., made the commitment during an official visit over the weekend. She originally made an verbal commitment to UConn last August before reneging late last month."

Keegan

PostPosted: 09/05/05 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm I was hoping she'd verbal to Cal but as long as she stays in the Pac-10, that's fine by me. I wonder if Latara Darrett will follow.

Go Pac-10! I believe in this recruiting class, most of the highly ranked West Coast players have stayed on the West Coast.
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 09/05/05 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do hope for Jackie Gemelos' sake that USC doesn't play UConn in the next four years. Between Geno's not-so-veiled threats and the hostility in the newspaper, she'd better watch her back.

Something I wonder about: How is it legal for kids under the age of 18 to commit to colleges and universities? My goodness, Gemelos was just 15 when she verballed to UConn, too young to drive, drink or vote.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/05/05 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
I do hope for Jackie Gemelos' sake that USC doesn't play UConn in the next four years. Between Geno's not-so-veiled threats and the hostility in the newspaper, she'd better watch her back.

Something I wonder about: How is it legal for kids under the age of 18 to commit to colleges and universities? My goodness, Gemelos was just 15 when she verballed to UConn, too young to drive, drink or vote.

I know what a classy and mature guy that Geno is Rolling Eyes

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/05/05 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Hmm I was hoping she'd verbal to Cal but as long as she stays in the Pac-10, that's fine by me. I wonder if Latara Darrett will follow.

Go Pac-10! I believe in this recruiting class, most of the highly ranked West Coast players have stayed on the West Coast.

If the rumor about Morghan Medlock giving a verbal to USC is true, then there are no more scholarships available for Latara Darrett at USC.

Keegan

PostPosted: 09/05/05 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I hope she still ends up in the Pac-10 - Cal would be nice. Hopefully not the coaching wasteland known as UCLA (unless they get rid of Olivier).
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/05/05 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:

Nope ... nothing legal about verbals at all. Parents have to sign LOIs and verbals have no binding whatsoever.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

what a surprise, another Jacki thread turns to Geno bashing....

stever

PostPosted: 09/06/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The info on Gemelos this weekend came from the ConnPost...the same folks that gave us the Geno/Merc "story"...perhaps confirmation from a California paper is forthcoming?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was elsewhere too; but I wouldn't necessarily believe Jacki until I see it in writing. Once bitten.... Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/06/05 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

So you are saying that you approved of his comments made towards Jackie Gemelos?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

So you are saying that you approved of his comments made towards Jackie Gemelos?

I'm saying that Jacki said he made comments. And of course CVS said he made comments. I don't doubt it, I'm just tired of it. The man is a basketball coach, not secretary of state. If he said, he was wrong, but does it really make a difference? He says a lot of things I think are dumb, but the man can coach. That's what I care most about, and his kids graduate.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/06/05 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

I'm saying that Jacki said he made comments. And of course CVS said he made comments. I don't doubt it, I'm just tired of it. The man is a basketball coach, not secretary of state. If he said, he was wrong, but does it really make a difference? He says a lot of things I think are dumb, but the man can coach. That's what I care most about, and his kids graduate.

I can understand that. I think he is an incredible basketball coach, but sometimes his comments leave a bad taste in my mouth. You are one of the few Uconn fans whose opinion I respect, so I hope I didn't ruffle your feathers.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

I can understand that. I think he is an incredible basketball coach, but sometimes his comments leave a bad taste in my mouth. You are one of the few Uconn fans whose opinion I respect, so I hope I didn't ruffle your feathers.

Thank you for the kind words; I overreacted. It was a long weekend, with too much labor on labor day! We're cool, believe me!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/06/05 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Jacki Gemelos has made another oral commitment.

In other breaking news, Dani has made a commitment to snag sneakers of WNBA players. She chose this over fighting with Cam over snagging jerseys.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
Jacki Gemelos has made another oral commitment.

In other breaking news, Dani has made a commitment to snag sneakers of WNBA players. She chose this over fighting with Cam over snagging jerseys.

Cam what kind of oral commitments...uh never mind...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/06/05 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just commenting on Jacki's multiple commitments...nothing newsworthy...kind of like Dani taking shoes...it always happens.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Just commenting on Jacki's multiple commitments...nothing newsworthy...kind of like Dani taking shoes...it always happens.

I thought you were making other commitments, sorry! Laughing

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/06/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Are you using Cam and committment in the same sentence?

Wink

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/06/05 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Wink

only oral ones!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/06/05 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Wink

only oral ones!

Shocked Very Happy Arrow

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/06/05 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Wink

Tramp. Laughing

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/06/05 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Wink

Tramp. Laughing

Absolutely Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: