RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Santa Clara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 08/16/05 2:30 pm    ::: Santa Clara Reply Reply with quote

Anybody heard/seen anything else on the supposed termination warning (the 10 days is way over) that Bento-Jackson received?

There are some very interesting accusations being thrown around on the "Other Women's Basketball" portion of the UCSB women's basketball board.

http://p089.ezboard.com/fthefanforums87865frm4.showMessage?topicID=189.topic

You just have to wonder if we'll ever know what has truly gone on there Sad

KatValeska

PostPosted: 08/17/05 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta say that I haven't really followed this after the original accusations, etc., became news. But one of the posters on the Gauchos' forum indicated she was, in fact, terminated. Is this correct?

Admit I'm being kinda lazy as I could poke around the Net and find out myself, but my time constraints are pretty heavy atm.

As for accusations being thrown around, it appears that the only accusations in that thread dated in August are of the "you're an idiot",/no you're the idiot/he's the idiot/she's the idiot" variety between posters. Confused

Anyway, if you have any other official news on this matter, I'd like to read it.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 08/17/05 8:03 am    ::: Don't know Reply Reply with quote

I only checked the Santa Clara site, but that comment was actually what prompted me posting here. The official Santa Clara site still has her listed as the coach (or did yesterday).

The interesting things to me were the gossip type things of one of the posters claiming to be a family member of bento -jackson (or just bento) and the comment about the coach being fired after winning the appeal.

I just looked around a bit and couldn't find anything, so as far as I can tell she hasn't officially been fired yet.

gopher5

PostPosted: 09/20/05 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/colleges/12692675.htm

Two months after it tried to fire Michelle Bento-Jackson, Santa Clara announced Monday that she will continue as women's basketball coach.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 09/20/05 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/colleges/12692675.htm

Two months after it tried to fire Michelle Bento-Jackson, Santa Clara announced Monday that she will continue as women's basketball coach.

OMG. Heck, I'm not in a position to cast judgements upon what did or did not transpire, but it sure seems like this will leave lot of folks feeling kinda awkward for some time to come.

Thanks for the update.

sbjules

PostPosted: 09/20/05 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Heck, I'm not in a position to cast judgements upon what did or did not transpire, but it sure seems like this will leave lot of folks feeling kinda awkward for some time to come.

Nice understatement, Professor Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: