RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/28/09 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Didn't one of them have a picture taken with Biden? Scary shit. Big glitch somewhere.

Tonight there showing them with Obama at the dinner. The woman is shaking hsi hand.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 11/28/09 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have read and heard (family member ex secret service) that security is more challenging with President Obama.

Much as he didn't want to give up the BB he doesn't naturally take to the restrictions necessary for his protection e.g. you must stand in exactly this square because those angles are all protected. Not that I blame him - the lack of relative freedom and space would make me nuts.

There is a reason they have Camp David as a retreat - an unbelievable amount of work goes into scouting and securing a site for any presidential visit and all the more challenging when mixing in different areas of the general public that aren't routinely secured. May be spreading existing people pretty thin.

And here I am not 100% but I think there is additional expense incurred by local police and security so all cost MAY not be visible in the Secret Service budget.

Back to the primary topic: We've certainly had lapses before and people shot but a state dinner? NO excuse!

And despite what I think about some of the policies supported by the white house I cannot think of anything worse for our country than if something were to happen to the President - on a number of levels.

I agree with akronborn - in the end may have been a good thing...I hope we never know.

PostPosted: 11/28/09 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ain't that the truth. Since he was elected president, death threats against Obama have risen exponentially...the Secret Service is stretched thin b/c of the threats. Obama can't play ball in the South Lawn without the Secret Service pissing their pants something might happen (and with good reason).

I hope they're able to get to the bottom of this and determine IF someone needs to be fired/relieved from their position and the party crashers should be charged w/ something too. This is HUGE not to mention they're as shady as can be. The Salahi's are named in 16 separate civil lawsuits, unrelated to this incidents, but that's a LOT of lawsuits!!! Not to mention they seem to be fame whores!!!

Quote:
[quote="TigerVol"]I have read and heard (family member ex secret service) that security is more challenging with President Obama.

PostPosted: 11/28/09 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="KeiraNY"]Ain't that the truth. Since he was elected president, death threats against Obama have risen exponentially...the Secret Service is stretched thin b/c of the threats. Obama can't play ball in the South Lawn without the Secret Service pissing their pants something might happen (and with good reason).

I hope they're able to get to the bottom of this and determine IF someone needs to be fired/relieved from their position and the party crashers should be charged w/ something too. This is HUGE not to mention they're as shady as can be. The Salahi's are named in 16 separate civil lawsuits, unrelated to this incidents, but that's a LOT of lawsuits!!! Not to mention they seem to be fame whores!!!

Quote:
TigerVol wrote:
I have read and heard (family member ex secret service) that security is more challenging with President Obama.

He was at that ball game today. Oregon State and Georgetown??? Sitting out there with the people. wonder what that took?

pilight

PostPosted: 11/28/09 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Since he was elected president, death threats against Obama have risen exponentially

Source?

PostPosted: 11/28/09 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here you go! Hope these are enough (and reputable enough) for you:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/5967942/Barack-Obama-faces-30-death-threats-a-day-stretching-US-Secret-Service.html

http://pubrecord.org/multimedia/4273/during-sermon-arizona-pastor-tells/comment-page-1/

Here are a bunch of Google results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=threats+against+obama&aq=0&oq=Threats+ag&aqi=g10

Quote:
pilight wrote:

Source?

PostPosted: 11/28/09 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's not exponential! Wink

PostPosted: 11/28/09 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

400% is not exponential??? My bad, I should've said 'square rooted' Laughing Laughing

Quote:
pilight wrote:
That's not exponential! Wink

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I remain outraged by this and even MORE so by people's attitudes. I was at a party over the holiday and very smart folks were saying that they can't go after this couple because it would be a PR nightmare.

OMG. I'm apoplectic. I think they should get ten years in SuperMax and that's pre-trial. That fucking bitch shook hands with Obama. She snuck into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in a red gown and shook hands with my president. She could have smeared something on his skin and killed him. I'd like to see her in an orange jumpsuit until her hair goes from blonde to gray. That these people are still walking the streets is INSANE. And at the heart of THAT, I say, is the fact that they appear to be of a certain economic class called The Rich.

I remember very well what it was like to have a president murdered in office. It fucked this country up for decades. That someone would DARE to sneak into the White House like this should get them imprisoned for decades. And I mean that. I'm so pissed off I can barely type something civilized.

These people think this is a JOKE.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I'm sorry. I remain outraged by this and even MORE so by people's attitudes. I was at a party over the holiday and very smart folks were saying that they can't go after this couple because it would be a PR nightmare.

OMG. I'm apoplectic. I think they should get ten years in SuperMax and that's pre-trial. That fucking bitch shook hands with Obama. She snuck into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in a red gown and shook hands with my president. She could have smeared something on his skin and killed him. I'd like to see her in an orange jumpsuit until her hair goes from blonde to gray. That these people are still walking the streets is INSANE. And at the heart of THAT, I say, is the fact that they appear to be of a certain economic class called The Rich.

I remember very well what it was like to have a president murdered in office. It fucked this country up for decades. That someone would DARE to sneak into the White House like this should get them imprisoned for decades. And I mean that. I'm so pissed off I can barely type something civilized.

I think this country is still somewhat fucked up over Kennedy's assassination. The O tried to exploit that during his campaign but I think he and his handlers have realized by now that he doesn't have what it takes to keep that facade up. That said, I 100% agree that these people need to be arrested and tried. They do need to serve jail time, but I don't think they need to rot away there.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
She could have smeared something on his skin and killed him. . .

umm, people who were invited could have done that too.
Some guy on TV said, "well she could have grabbed a knofe from the table and stabbed the President"...yeah and so could anyone else there with access to a knife in the room, do we ban knifes in his presence?

Look, I think these folks should be prosectuted and even do some time but the hysterics about what they coulda done is over the top. We got lucky that this couple were only publicity whores, let's make an example of them, learn from it and not let it happen again

PostPosted: 12/01/09 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
She could have smeared something on his skin and killed him. . .

umm, people who were invited could have done that too.
Some guy on TV said, "well she could have grabbed a knofe from the table and stabbed the President"...yeah and so could anyone else there with access to a knife in the room, do we ban knifes in his presence?

Look, I think these folks should be prosectuted and even do some time but the hysterics about what they coulda done is over the top. We got lucky that this couple were only publicity whores, let's make an example of them, learn from it and not let it happen again

I agree. They went through the same security, metal detectors, that everyone else went through. If they - or even one of the invited guests - had been able to bring a weapon in, I would be much more upset.

In regards to the basketball game Obama went to, everyone probably had to go through security. When I went to see Hillary Clinton at Radio City I had to go through two metal detectors and have security look in my bag and pat me down. It took a long time to get everyone through.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, well, they now say that they have documentation that they were invited, which sounds like e-mail from the way it was described.

I'm guessing that they're now going to say that they were scammed by somebody trying to embarrass them, and had no idea that the invite wasn't legit.

(Oh, and my understanding is that invitations to state dinners come on engraved cards, not in email. A lot of people who get them like to frame them.)

sbjules

PostPosted: 12/01/09 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Well, well, they now say that they have documentation that they were invited, which sounds like e-mail from the way it was described.

I'm guessing that they're now going to say that they were scammed by somebody trying to embarrass them, and had no idea that the invite wasn't legit.

(Oh, and my understanding is that invitations to state dinners come on engraved cards, not in email. A lot of people who get them like to frame them.)

Here's what the person at the other end of the e-mails says:

On Monday night, the White House released a statement in which Jones said she did nothing to help the couple get into the dinner.

"I did not state at any time, or imply that I had tickets for ANY portion of the evening's events," according to the statement from Jones, whose title is special assistant to the Secretary of Defense and White House liaison. "I specifically stated that they did not have tickets and in fact that I did not have the authority to authorize attendance, admittance or access to any part of the evening's activities. Even though I informed them of this, they still decided to come."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-gate-crashers1-2009dec01,0,3367772.story

sbjules

PostPosted: 12/01/09 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

I think this country is still somewhat fucked up over Kennedy's assassination. The O tried to exploit that during his campaign but I think he and his handlers have realized by now that he doesn't have what it takes to keep that facade up. That said, I 100% agree that these people need to be arrested and tried. They do need to serve jail time, but I don't think they need to rot away there.

Only in your sick imagination did any exploitation happen.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/01/09 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
I think this country is still somewhat fucked up over Kennedy's assassination.

Only the senior citizens. Anyone old enough to have voted for him is collecting Social Security.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Only in your sick imagination did any exploitation happen.

Laughing Here's just one article. I'm not going to spend any more time than this responding to your foolishness.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2008/0801w.widmer.html

Quote:
The Kennedy-Obama parallel has been played up by the press, and Obamas campaign has not discouraged those comparisonsindeed, it has brought in Ted Sorensen, JFKs talented speechwriter, to make speeches and render the judgment of history.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
I think this country is still somewhat fucked up over Kennedy's assassination.

Only the senior citizens. Anyone old enough to have voted for him is collecting Social Security.

Uh.....And even if I agreed with you, are seniors' country and world views not worth taking into account?

PostPosted: 12/01/09 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, so in this thread I've learned that not only is the president's security worth being mocked, it is a direct response to the country's overreaction to the assassination of JFK and oh, that Obama exploited the murder of JFK during the campaign trail.

Makes for a good fiction mini series on NBC.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Wow, so in this thread I've learned that not only is the president's security worth being mocked, it is a direct response to the country's overreaction to the assassination of JFK and oh, that Obama exploited the murder of JFK during the campaign trail.

Makes for a good fiction mini series on NBC.

Wow. You've got some imagination if you think that's any kind of thread that I was making (I assume that you're aiming at me). Also, I never said that he was exploiting the murder. He exploited the image, the personae of Kennedy.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just because the Kennedys supported him and campaigned for him that's exploiting? That seems a harsh word to describe what took place.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Just because the Kennedys supported him and campaigned for him that's exploiting? That seems a harsh word to describe what took place.

No, caune. That's not what I'm saying. The spirit of Camelot (young prez, pretty wife, cute, young children, new hope, new dream, blahblahblah), THAT's what was being exploited.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

No, caune. That's not what I'm saying. The spirit of Camelot (young prez, pretty wife, cute, young children, new hope, new dream, blahblahblah), THAT's what was being exploited.

And that's not something that he proclaimed himself. It was something the media threw on him for all their similarities: first catholic - first african american, young, first first family to have young children in the WH since JFK, great communicator and orator.

Obama mentioned Lincoln more than any other person who influenced him and who he looked to. If anything it was Lincoln's image he attempted to exploit, even that recreated train ride and the drama behind it. Please, again great fiction you're portraying.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

And that's not something that he proclaimed himself. It was something the media threw on him for all their similarities: first catholic - first african american, young, first first family to have young children in the WH since JFK, great communicator and orator.

Obama mentioned Lincoln more than any other person who influenced him and who he looked to. If anything it was Lincoln's image he attempted to exploit, even that recreated train ride and the drama behind it. Please, again great fiction you're portraying.

Yeah, right back at ya.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

Yeah, right back at ya.

Laughing hilarious

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: