RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lady Vols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/28/05 2:01 am    ::: Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

I can't wait to see them play this season, should be fun. I have a few favorites on this team, I love Nicky Anosike, Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood, Shanna Zolman and I've started to like Tye'sha Fluker. I'm looking forward to seeing Sydney Spencer step it up this year and to finally see Candace Parker play, they're gonna be tough again this yr.

PostPosted: 07/28/05 7:28 pm    ::: Re: Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
I can't wait to see them play this season, should be fun. I have a few favorites on this team, I love Nicky Anosike, Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood, Shanna Zolman and I've started to like Tye'sha Fluker. I'm looking forward to seeing Sydney Spencer step it up this year and to finally see Candace Parker play, they're gonna be tough again this yr.

I'm on a campaign, Spencer is Sid with the I Wink she's one of my favorite LVs, named my cat after her. All systems are go on Parker as well, can't wait to see her in action.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 07/29/05 8:54 am    ::: Re: Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

I'm anxious to see Spencer play again, too- although not just for her game- any Lady Vol that attractive should have her own web page (heh, heh).

Stand in front of a mirror. Put your right hand in front of you, palm facing towards you, fingers together and thumb sticking up at a slight angle. Now put your left hand in front of you, palm facing away from you, fingers together and the thumb sticking down at a slight angle. Touch the thumbs and you will see the "Zee" that Sidney Spencer uses to cheer on her friend and teammate, Shanna Zolman.

You might find this odd, but I was thinking about Candace Parker yesterday. I had the pleasure of seeing her play h.s. ball several times. As dominating as she was, I don't recall her playing with any raw aggression like she is going to need in SEC/NCAA play. I wonder if there's not going to be a "freshman" quality about her play for a good chunk of the season. Oh, I know Fluker will be the enforcer and Parker a finesse player, but everybody on that team has to rebound and play D. I just wonder if Parker won't hafta get knocked around some before she plays to her potential.

~Bill

PostPosted: 07/29/05 10:35 am    ::: Re: Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

[quote="bballjunkee212"]I'm anxious to see Spencer play again, too- although not just for her game- any Lady Vol that attractive should have her own web page (heh, heh).

Stand in front of a mirror. Put your right hand in front of you, palm facing towards you, fingers together and thumb sticking up at a slight angle. Now put your left hand in front of you, palm facing away from you, fingers together and the thumb sticking down at a slight angle. Touch the thumbs and you will see the "Zee" that Sidney Spencer uses to cheer on her friend and teammate, Shanna Zolman.

You might find this odd, but I was thinking about Candace Parker yesterday. I had the pleasure of seeing her play h.s. ball several times. As dominating as she was, I don't recall her playing with any raw aggression like she is going to need in SEC/NCAA play. I wonder if there's not going to be a "freshman" quality about her play for a good chunk of the season. Oh, I know Fluker will be the enforcer and Parker a finesse player, but everybody on that team has to rebound and play D. I just wonder if Parker won't hafta get knocked around some before she plays to her potential.

~Bill[/quote]

I saw her in her senior HS Championship game and she had 8 blocks, she is a finesse player, but I think she will be able to bang with the players in the SEC and NCAA's.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/30/05 12:45 am    ::: Re: Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Str8_Butta33 wrote:

I'm on a campaign, Spencer is Sid with the I Wink she's one of my favorite LVs, named my cat after her. All systems are go on Parker as well, can't wait to see her in action.

My bad, I didn't even realize that I did that. Embarassed

I believe that I started watching the LV's when Holdsclaw was a freshman, haven't strayed away either. Wink

PostPosted: 07/30/05 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
My bad, I didn't even realize that I did that.

I was just messing with you, I've probably seen it spelled with the y as many times as I have with the I.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: