RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Boston’s Smith lives and breathes the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 04/01/09 11:52 pm    ::: Boston’s Smith lives and breathes the game Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid10842.aspx
Quote:
Smith, who played for Arsenal In England for the past three seasons and has also been a staple on England’s National Team for well over a decade, packed her bags after being chosen second overall by Boston in the Women’s Professional Soccer International Draft. WPS fans will have their first opportunity to see Smith don the Breakers’ uniform on Sunday when Boston travels to the Bay Area to face FC Gold Pride (6pm ET / 3pm PT on Fox Soccer Channel).

Breakers’ coach Tony DiCicco admitted that the former Pirate caught his eye long before word of a new pro league circulated.

“I have known Kelly since she was 17 when I coached the U.S. Women’s National Team,” DiCicco said of the now 30 year-old. “We played England out in San Jose and the U.S. players were chasing her around the field. Right then and there I knew we had a special player coming up. “

PostPosted: 04/02/09 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arsenal's 108-game unbeaten streak was broken this weekend without her as well.

By Everton Very Happy.

3-0 Very Happy Very Happy.

Much as I love Kelly, I hate the bloody Arse.

P.S. Don't you dare send her back injured this time.

T-dot

PostPosted: 04/02/09 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you're a Spurs fan?

PostPosted: 04/02/09 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

T-dot wrote:
So you're a Spurs fan?

No, I'm a diehard Evertonian (hence my joy at our girls beating them last weekend). The top two teams in the women's game over here, for several years now, have been Arsenal and Everton (although with Arsenal winning practically everything), so in the women's game I'm pretty much obliged to hate the Arse.

In the men's game my main supply of vitriol is inevitably directed at Liverpool, with other varying amounts reserved for the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd et al.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: