RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Yao has delivered, now it’s China’s turn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 08/11/08 6:37 pm    ::: Yao has delivered, now it’s China’s turn Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
On his way out of the game, Yao Ming thrust his fist through the air, and soon made that long, wobbly walk to the Chinese bench. The end of a brilliant and historic night for basketball, the end of responsibility for Yao. His work is done. Let him rest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/basketball/news?slug=aw-yaoteamusa081008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

MH122

Location: Bus Town/ The Hall/Cap City...Whatever they call it these days

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too much pressure on him to say no...They have brain washed him into believing that he will be looked at turning his back on his country and "selling out" to the American dollar in a way

Best person for Yao to go seek advice from is Steve Nash

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/08 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yao is the only solid player that can contribute for every game. China will be lucky to advance past the quarterfinals, let alone medal.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then when he can't play anymore they will forget him. I hadn't followed men's basketball so I didn't know about all this, the injuries, so hen i saw him play I thought "something doesn't look right with him" I've really never paid attention. Poor guy; someone needs to tell the Chinese that one person can't win the game, you need the whole team to play.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
LT041

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice article.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/11/08 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
Then when he can't play anymore they will forget him. I hadn't followed men's basketball so I didn't know about all this, the injuries, so hen i saw him play I thought "something doesn't look right with him" I've really never paid attention. Poor guy; someone needs to tell the Chinese that one person can't win the game, you need the whole team to play.

You obviously know nothing about Yao's legacy in the eyes of the Chinese.

He's won championships in China as a professional. He's carried the flag in TWO Olympics, including one in which his country was the host nation. He is the first international player to be selected #1 overall by the NBA. He's an icon in his home country and has become one in this country as well.

He will NEVER be forgotten by the Chinese--EVER. He'll be remembered there the same way Michael Jordan is remembered here despite his final two seasons in the NBA (which, by his standards, were horrible).

Mathies to LA 2013
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 08/12/08 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know the Chinese people will not forget him... Rolling Eyes I was referring to, not so well, to the Gov.

Quote:
They will continue to pressure him,” one high-ranking international basketball official said of Chinese officials. “The one thing they do with all of their athletes is drive them into the ground with training. The strongest survive. If you don’t, they’ll find another to come and do it

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/12/08 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
I know the Chinese people will not forget him... Rolling Eyes I was referring to, not so well, to the Gov.

That's also false.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: